NXT is what TNA should've always been. Young, up and coming guys putting on exciting matches with logical storylines and a one-hour weekly show. A completely alternative product. With the quality of wrestlers they've had, chances from TV stations and fans, and amount of financial backing, I honestly don't know how (or even if) they could've done any worse.

They're a million miles away from the days when people were chanting 'TNA' at Raw. I remember at one point my non-wrestling nerd mates used to casually watch it, people who no longer watched even WWE. 

I can't think of a single positive impact (no pun) they've had on wrestling. Good riddance to them. 

Young, up and coming guys?  NXT is currently built on the backs of guys who have been  in the business for the past 15 years.  Look at last nights show.  The big match was between to guys who were going at it in PWG, ROH etc for well over a decade.  Owen's next feud will be Samoa Joe, another guy who is a veteran.  The women are a success.  But to say that NXT success is based solely on young guys is a joke.

The sad thing is, the product has been more than watchable for a good while now.  Destination America is not dropping the show because of poor ratings or a bad product.  What's killing the show (and the WWE has had this problem) is the lack of ad revenue that the show generates.  The ratings (for the station their on) is well above the station average.  Its the cost to the station that they don't feel is worth it.

If only they'd set a Glasgow tour date they wouldn't have lost their TV deal.

I wonder if the high price tag consultants will be re-engaged to seek out a new channel.

• Paid Members

I wonder if they are insane enough to give up TV altogether and set up a subscription network where you get access to the full archive, plus a new Impact every week and a live 'PPV' once a month.

It would be a terrible, terrible idea, but I can see them fooling themselves/the person signing the cheques that it'll work and getting another year or so out of it.

• Paid Members

I wonder if they are insane enough to give up TV altogether and set up a subscription network where you get access to the full archive, plus a new Impact every week and a live 'PPV' once a month.

It would be a terrible, terrible idea, but I can see them fooling themselves/the person signing the cheques that it'll work and getting another year or so out of it.

that was how it started\failed the first time though, minus the archive

For what its worth - 

"Statement from TNA Regarding IMPACT WRESTLING

It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner. These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us."

• Moderators

Weekly iPPVs is their next venture I imagine. Scott Hall is in trouble with WWE again, so he's up for grabs. Ken Shamrock doesnt turn down bookings. Go out how you came in, I say.

"OH MY GOD! IT'S THE FRANCHISE SHANE DOUGLAS!!!!"

maxresdefault.jpg

For what its worth - 

It has come to our attention that several internet news sources have falsely attributed statements to TNA, its executives and broadcasting partner. These false statements constitute defamation and if necessary we will seek all legal remedies available to us."

I hear this guy's phone is ringing off the hook:

watch-better-call-saul-online.png

Edited by Really Big Shoe

For what its worth - 

LOL What a bullshit statement.

Translated:

"It has come to our attention that Dave Meltzer has found out our dirty little secret that we didn't want our talent to know about for at least another 1-2 months, given that it means the next 4 months of tv (and a ppv we want people to pay $30 for) is now utterly lame duck.

These true statements constitute an unpalatable truth. We've included some shit here about 'if necessary' because we're not going to sue over a true story as we'll lose. So basically this is a 'Ner-Ner-NerNer-Nerrrrr, fingers in our ears & eyes closed, this isn't true' (it is) statement/lie (it worked last Autumn when we publicly denied Spike were cancelling us) to appease/rally our gullible consumers/fanbase, into continuing to support us until we figure out what the fuck it is that we're going to do come October".

Edited by ClassicsGuy