• Paid Members

I just checked out Destination America's website. When I'd stopped laughing at the denim (DENIM!) background, and the fact that Lashley looks as surprised as anyone to be on this channel in their promo pic, I looked at their other shows. All hunting, BBQing, and all that jazz. If they don't get Bill Watts or Cornette on the 'phone double quick they're idiots.

• Paid Members

So in this week's Chronicles of Xplosion, we have new top babyface (pretty much) Rockstar Spud coming out to his old music, still announced as the Chief of Staff, and working heel against Mr Anderson.

Because TNA (tape months in advance & show these matches in no particular order)

Sounds like WCW WorldWide on 5.

So, the channel is called "Destination America" and is dedicated to celebrating "The people, places and stories of America"

Bet the episodes of Impact with shots of London will go down a treat on there then :-D 

As a side note, I see Kurt Angle was named the press release... I thought his contract had run out, hence his attempts to get back with WWE?

• Paid Members

Only TNA wanted him. Vince doesnt want a gold medalist dying under contract, Jarrett would obviously take him, but there is no GFW until they get a TV deal, which is a big if. Its a shame really. Cant think of a big time wrestler whose stock has dropped further than Kurt. I mean, Kurt vs Rusev was a perfect program for him and they didn't take him back. Makes you wonder if he'll ever be back now. Probably not. Looking at his health, the ship seems to have sailed.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Is Angle's health worse than it was a few years ago?  

I actually wondered about the Rusev storyline, it seems tailor-made for Angle to the point where I wonder if it was started with him in mind when perhaps some negotiations were ongoing.

It definitely wasn't. Every time Angle's TNA contract comes up, he goes cap in hand to WWE, and they're not interested. There was no point where they were booking stories building for Angle to be back. Rusev wasn't built to be sacrificed to a deathwatch old-timer who might break in half before powering out of the camel clutch.

Do they not lose more money at the Manhattan Center than they do at other tapings, because of the building fees? How does that work with the lower TV fees they're getting now, are they just diving even further into the red?

Why are you applying logic to TNA? You're better than that, Pitcos. If it was good enough for the first Raw then dammit it's good enough for Impact's new start.

There's nothing that sells wrestling more than a man (almost) nobody has any clue about front and centre on a poster. Especially if he looks like Joe the plumber.

You take that back, blanket.  Bobby is ruggedly handsome and a fucking star.

In all seriousness, I think that poster is well done - their champion is front and centre but they've surrounded him with their WWE stars.