• Paid Members

I am told that TNA management attempted to work out an agreement with Lucha Underground that would allow the existing footage to be used, including offering to pay Underground for Hernandez' appearances, but Underground turned down all those attempts. Given that the producers of the series come from a film and TV background, I was not surprised to hear that.

Brilliant, TNA trying to spread carny business into the TV industry. Lucha telling them 'nah, fuck off like' to a bit of money for shitty Hernandez is superb.

• Paid Members

"This tasteless storyline is a good indicator of the lack of invention within. The growth rate of this promotion cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded decisions and bad programming."

"That's nitpicking, isn't it?"

MVP now unsurprisingly the next one gone after his stable died. Whoever picks him up makes a good acquisition, weird that TNA would have nothing else for him.

• Paid Members

They've got something for him. They just legally cant use the footage. And after September there may not be a TNA, so it makes sense if you can stop paying someone now if you cant use them for months, its best to do so.

MVP is the manager in tights these days. He's not really got it in the ring anymore. He's so paint by numbers in there. As a mouthpiece for Bobby Lashley I thought he was excellent. I doubt it'll happen, because they had their chance before, but he'd be a great manager in WWE. Or anywhere else for that matter. He's a strong character.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Well I notice Kenny King's still there (for now). A month or so of the cut-out BDC material and he can try start with a clean slate quite easily, given that he's one of the better guys they have on the mic. I suspect KK only gets kept cos he's a card to pull out for a faceless X Division match

• Paid Members

MVP pushed for Hernandez because he claimed Lucha breached his contract making him a free agent. Went to town on why they should sign him. As soon as it fucked up, blame went on his shoulders, all bookings for TNA were cancelled, pretty much released. If they can make it look less their fault they will. 

Didn't Konnan, when discussing this issue regarding Hernandez recently mention something along the lines that Hernandez was a sandwich short of a picnic and laughed when he said he couldn't think for himself. It was on one of the main MLW show he did a few weeks ago.

This fucking mess gets better and better by the day, let alone the week. Dixie really is a fucking Brazil Nut with no leadership skills to show any sign this company has anything to build on. It's not the talent, but her screwing it up constantly. The Jarrett thing is even more bizarre.

I'm convinced that when all the dust settles, come October, GFW will be on Destination America in TNA's timeslot.

What that means for TNA, who knows. It's a vanity project/financial blackhole more than ever before and all the top talent they have is finally starting to realise this with all the departures and embarrassing screw ups.

I will be surprised if they still exist at the end of the year.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

Source: PWInsider

- A good number of TNA talents have been informed over the past week that their current TNA contracts will be dropped by the company. The contracts include a monthly guarantee on pay but TNA is offering to replace them with per-appearance deals.

TNA previously paid talents a guaranteed monthly fee and then paid them per appearance. In some cases, TNA will now pay talents a little more per appearance than they were already making, with the idea that it will make up for the loss of the guaranteed pay. If TNA starts booking more dates, the talents could potentially make even more money.

There are many TNA talents who are not happy with the change, according to PWInsider. It's possible that some of the wrestlers may turn the new deals down and wrap up their runs with the company. TNA still may keep some top talents like Kurt Angle or Jeff Hardy under guaranteed deals but most of the company will be working under per appearance deals going forward.