Tbf Sabin's performance was inspired. Hilarious stuff and its the first time he's appealed to me as a heel. Though why they didn't do it in the ring in beyond me.

I def think Russo is back, especially with those rumours of Angle blowing up because he was written out then they wanted him to do a run in. it's all over for TNA so why not as Rick says go out in a blaze of glory. At least the coming months may be interesting at least...

Put it this way: TNA are severely lacking in speciality PPVs, which would add a bit of depth to the few they have. WWE have the Royal Rumble, the Elimination Chamber, and (sometimes) the Survivor Series, and (before) the King Of The Ring. WCW had WarGames and SuperBrawl (I think).

Superbrawl wasn'r a gimmick PPV, and War Games was a type of match held and several different PPVs rather than an event.

Uncensored started out as a gimmick PPV, and Battlebowl was a shit one in 1993.

Once again, I stand corrected.

So WCW didn't have much in the way of gimmick PPVs, then? Very surprising when you read about all those reports of gimmick matches and insane booking, you'd think there'd be more of it.

I think it was more of a case of failed gimmicks rather than no gimmicks.

World War 3 for instance, the idea of putting 92 rings togther and 3,000 wrestlers doing battle for...no not a title shot but a ring?

I am pretty sure stuff like the triple cage match that we saw in 2000 was another attempt at creating a gimmick match to rival WWE's own (in this case hell in a cell). They also had Spin The Wheel, Make the Deal at Halloween Havoc.

However the ideas ethier never stuck or they just didn't put the right amount of effort into them.

All great ideas IMO. Was just thinking of the WWIII gimmick the other day thinking how class it was. Remember someone going for a suplex when the cage wasn't high enough to keep his legs under the roof. Class. I even like Feast or Fired & Full Metal Mayhem when TNA churns them out.

• Paid Members

Full Metal Mayhem is fine, because it's basically TNA's brand of TLC match. Feast or Fired, however, is just toss. Completely pointless, and the one way TNA could've made it work, they didn't do. I simultaneously couldn't believe and wasn't surprised that they brought it back.

It was good seeing the second episode of impact taped from Glasgow. Was good to see the backstage segments to piece together what I saw live in the arena. The Hydro looks good for a tv wrestling show and hope that it's not just a one off Glasgow sees TNA tv cameras.

• Paid Members

I thought it was a weird show. Seems an odd decision to have two MVP in ring segments and do the Sabin deal as a pretape. The flow of the MVP segments seemed weird too, felt like he was introducing himself to Spud backstage even though they just met in the ring.

MVP is a good singing for TNA but they've gone right back to the well by immediately making it an Authority/Warring Stablez~! TNA trope.

I'm not convinced Russo is back myself though. Christy Hemme actually watching last weeks show and seeing the hidden camera segment she was in was way too high concept for that to be true. (I'll be willing to admit I'm wrong when they go through with actually "killing" her off in a few weeks.)

I thought it was a weird show. Seems an odd decision to have two MVP in ring segments and do the Sabin deal as a pretape. The flow of the MVP segments seemed weird too, felt like he was introducing himself to Spud backstage even though they just met in the ring.

MVP is a good singing for TNA but they've gone right back to the well by immediately making it an Authority/Warring Stablez~! TNA trope.

I'm not convinced Russo is back myself though. Christy Hemme actually watching last weeks show and seeing the hidden camera segment she was in was way too high concept for that to be true. (I'll be willing to admit I'm wrong when they go through with actually "killing" her off in a few weeks.)

I won't be watching Impact until it is on Challenge tonight, but I am curious about the Sabin pretaped segments. From my seat at the Glasgow taping I could clearly see backstage and I did see during the taping for the second Impact Velvet Sky in a red dress looking like she was practising some scenes with Sabin. on his knees with a bunch of flowers Are these the pre-tapes that aired?