• Moderators

How appropriate is it that possible buyer of TNA Toby Keith performed on the first episode. If Keith does buy TNA Jarrett is fucking sorted. He's worth 500m and I like his tunes. Ain't As Good As I Once Was is a fucking tune. They should have brought in WCW Power Plant trainee and Country star Chad Brock as well.

Edited by PowerButchi

So much in this battle royal I'd forgotten from first time around. Apollo being fucking shit and the bane of many, many early TNA shows. Abyss showing up in the least flattering outfit imaginable, man tits and belly wobbling all over the place. A blatant All-Star-esque Scott Steiner rip-off showing up and getting one of the biggest pops of the night, before people realised it wasn't him (what the hell was that about, anyway??). The Wall showing up with an awesome new look and getting the Diesel spot. Konnan taking the worst elimination bump in history. It's hard to believe how excited I was about this back then, even after the first show. I was so desparate for a WCW replacement I happily overlooked most of the shit just so I had something else to watch.

I wonder if this is a one off or will they show tna weekly ppv 2 next week

It appears to be a one off, they have been showing the 1st episodes of other Challenge shows all day and this is just a part of it. The first episode of WrestleTalk is on now and then TNA Explosion after that.

Isn't the Steiner lookalike actually Ron "H20-Man" Waterman, former MMA fighter and Minister?

No, it's Harry Del Rios who was Phantasio in the WWF in 1993 or whenever.

You are indeed totally right (as a few seconds of research would have shown me).

This is one of those occasions where I could have sworn blind that it was Ron Waterman - based on nothing more than a faded (and wrong) memory. Sorry 'bout that. I'm sure I saw him wrestling on some show from around that time and he looked like a budget Scotty Steiner though? I remember there were a fair few "This will be the new WCW" promotions that popped up for a single show or if they were lucky, two around that time. This is gonna bug me now...!