Anyone else think that theve based the new aj styles character on sting? His storyline about being tna or aces and eights reminds me very much of the sting wcw or nwo storyline. Aj dosent hardly say anything,shows no emotions and has been watching from the stands. Very similar i think obviously not as good but im still enjoying it

• Paid Members
Quick reminder for anyone who might have forgot: the x-division one night only PPV is on challenge tonight at 10pm

Just been watching the first couple of matches on this. When it first started, I thought to myself how nice it would have been if they'd gone for something completely different on commentary for these, just to give a different feel - Borash & Al Snow might be worth a try, or Borash & a rotating cast of guys from the roster not on that particular show - hell, even bring Don West back for an X-Division one.

Two matches in, I'm begging for that - I'd forgotten how bad Taz & Tenay together as a pair had got towards the end, and I don't think I can take much more of the guy who presents himself as dyed-in-the-wool TNA, and the guy who betrayed him and the company he loves to join a rebel gang trying to destroy it, yucking it up like they're best mates. Tenay has even called Taz "buddy" on a couple of occasions.

Matt Bentley looks hilariously like a retired (because no-one would book him anymore) wrestler who now works in a hardware store or a fast food restaurant kitchen or something who they stuck back in tights - probably because he is.

I still really like Anthony Nese. Good wrestler in his style, and a great look (although the beard on the night could have done with a trim) - I still think he looks like a mini Chris Masters, and there'd be mileage in a big brother/little brother tag team in either company.

It's really reminded me how much I love Kid Kash, too. Either he was pissed off (more than usual - maybe they'd just told him he was getting released) or he just doesn't care personally for Rashad Cameron (who, by the way, cuts perhaps THE most by-the-book 'indy' promo I've ever heard before the match), but there were times he looked like he

was trying to properly kill him. The suplex-slam (if you can call it that...) is a thing of hideous beauty.

Edit: Just flicked back a couple of pages & followed the links to the Gut Check thing. Jesus, and people think WWE give their guys bad ring names? I'd take any of the names doled out in FCW over the likes of JB Cool, Justyn Glory or Ruff Ryder Rashaan.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members
Horrible rating for Impact this week. Shame as I'm really enjoying the product at the moment and the real crowds look fantastic on camera. I haven't watched Impact yet but is there anything different from this weeks episode? Was it abit shit or anything?

It was a really good episode of Impact I thought, they really built it up aswell (by TNA standards) with two big matches the 2/3 Tag Team Tittle match and the Full Metal Mayhem World title match so for those two match's with all their biggest stars to draw a really bad rating is terrible news for them. They're really benefiting (on screen at least) from going on the road aswell, the reactions for Hogan have been class.

• Paid Members

I love the new opening video for Impact. They name the cast of characters involved in the show, like WWF used to do for Saturday Nights Main Event. That is great, because it tells the audience who the lads are. They might as well put a PSA at the end saying "everyone else on the show doesn't matter, but watch this lot".

ImpactVid13.jpg

ImpactVid12.jpg

ImpactVid.jpg

Although they dropped the ball by not having wrestling logos on the screen. Logos are great.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay