2nd UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks for bearing with, people. Here's the results, finally! Round 2 draw will take place once this is posted, and once an independent adjudicator (the other half) is available. And when I've wrote down the names on a piece of paper and have put them into the hat! :blush:

1st Round results!!

Clipboard38.jpg

Harmonic Generator vs Teedy Kay - Tag Team Split tease

Harmy Gen focuses on current tag champs Team Hell No, and plays up to their somewhat chaotic relationship very well. The introduction of the New Age Outlaws was also great, as was the build up to the two respective Wrestlemania matches they'd be in. Overall it's an excellent entry. But the judges also had to consider that while the characters were developed, no actual SPLIT took place, per Harmy's own admission.

Teedy Kay goes and winds the time machine back to 2001 and splits up the Hardy Boyz. The promo after the turn at Backlash from Matt is brilliantly written and his explanation is entirely believable. But was the turn revealed a little too quickly for the panel, and does he lose points for having a 3-count take place in a TLC match?

And the winner is...

Harmonic Generator!

Harmy Gen was always going to be a favourite, but he was actually only a couple of votes better off. The lack of a technical split nearly cost him. Alas, he marches on! Sorry, Teedy Kay! Good match, this one.

Anonymous panel comments:

• Paid Members
(LOVED the name change to British Airways)

Can't take credit for this, it's what it was called in Dragon Gate. I totally would have pointed this out if I thought there was any risk of it costing me the vote as well. I'm well sound like that.

Thanks judges, Nick and Slapnut. Nice to go through to the second round with meaning having beaten a legit contender :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Actually, and feel free to ignore this, I'd like to suggest that everyone who bothered submitting be placed as a reserve in case someone doesn't submit in the next round. I don't know how it worked last time, but it'd be a nice way to reward everyone who put in the effort.

• Paid Members

Totally agree, some of them were actually very close calls as well, which made it all the more harder to digest when there so many defaults.

I'm just formatting the post for the second round draw now. And trying to find some decent pictures that aren't from the sodding BlearcherReport site, who's pics never, ever work on here. Cock.

• Awards Moderator
Totally agree, some of them were actually very close calls as well, which made it all the more harder to digest when there so many defaults.

I'm just formatting the post for the second round draw now. And trying to find some decent pictures that aren't from the sodding BlearcherReport site, who's pics never, ever work on here. Cock.

I use loads of Bleacher Report pics, I've found they work fine if you take off the little extra bit of writing from the end of the URL, so it ends in .jpg . That may help?

• Paid Members

I had a ton of bother with Bleacher Report pics in the Mania stats thread, and the problem was something to do with dynamic image tags, so I'd imagine HG's suggestion would work universally.

Archived