2nd UKFF Fantasy Booking Cup

Fatty Facesitter

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Welcome aboard.

***ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED***

A full house of 32. Brilliant! As stated, the draw takes place tonight. Deadline-wise, what qorks best for everybody? Ideally I think we should be looking at around 2 weeks per round. That should keep things moving at a pleasant pace?

• Paid Members

IT'S ON.

Here's the 1st Round draw.

Draw

1) Harmonic Generator vs Teddy Kay

12614.jpg

Oooh You Tease!

A returning scenario came out of the draw first. Trouble in the ranks between tag partners often makes for a good soap opera storyline, and the eventual payoff can provide a key moment in the careers of both partners. Last year this scenario saw two entries choosing to break up a team from the past, namely The Bluebloods and The Road Warriors.

Book a compelling split between a tag team of your choice, past or present.

Book the whole thing from-

the incident the triggers the storyline,

the teasing,

and eventual payoff.

2) Rickfest vs Rule One

6900219964_edf2e3efd7_z.jpg

Let's get Punk'd Up

After 430+ days, CM Punk's WWE title reign finally came to an end at the Royal Rumble PPV courtesy of The Rock. We know he's got a rematch coming up at the Elimination Chamber PPV, but otherwise the Straight Edge superstar's future is relatively unclear, and therefore quite exciting in prospect. Who knows what's next for him?

Book CM Punk's road to Wrestlemania.

You may start from BEFORE the finish of the Punk/Rock title match

You can CHANGE THE OUTCOME of said match if you see fit.

Book his run from this point up until the post-match celebrations at Wrestlemania 29.

3) Billy The Follower vs unfitfinlay

Kane_Lita_Wedding.jpg

Wedding bells

Deep down, we all love a wrestling wedding. Notoriously these never go off without a hitch and are usually more trouble than their worth. From Billy & Chuck to Bully Ray and Brooke, or Teddy Long and Krystal to Edge & Lita, someone always seems to come a cropper at one point or another.

Book an angle between two superstars and a diva of your choosing

Book a wedding segment.

Book what happens in the aftermath.

4) Bradyisgod22 vs Cobra1000

Money_in_the_Bank_Logo.png

And you can take that to the BANK.

Since its first appearance in 2005, only two people have ever cocked up their Money in the Bank opportunities. Mr.Kennedy got suckered in to putting his briefcase on the line against Edge in 07 and John Cena was accosted in his match against CM Punk last year. In 2013, who's going to become the latest to try and cash in the case?

Book a Money in the Bank match at a PPV of your choosing,

Book the cash-in segment.

It does NOT have to be a successful cash-in for the case holder.

5) Dirty Eddie vs omgmarc

d5109088cea903e3c53de22dbf19c1c5_500.jpg

Paige turner (aka the Norwich World Order. Aka THE POISON HAS ARRIVED!!

Paige (more popularly known on these shores as Britani Knight) is already making a name for herself as a very popular addition to WWE's Diva roster, and she hasn't even appeared on Raw or Smackdown yet. On NXT, she's been impressing the critics with her solid work inside the ring as well as her looks. It's time to give the proud city of Norwich their first ever WWE superstar/diva/whatever.

Book her Raw/Smackdown debut.

Book the first 6 months of her PROPER career.

Extra points awarded for effective use of yellow and green attire....and mustard.

6) Dingbat vs Mynameis...

big-e-langston.0_standard_400.0-1095422.jpg

I'm a soldier, have I told ya?

Big E. Langston is one impressive specimen. He's made pretty much an immediate impact by taking out the likes of John Cena and alligning with Dolph Ziggler, in addition to toppling Seth Rollins for the NXT title. You get the get the sense he's got massive potential and has star quality written all over him. Surely he won't be content with being Ziggler's bitch much longer?

Book Big E's turn on Dolph Ziggler

What happens with AJ?

7) Jesster vs PSF

brock_lesnar_wins_summerslam_match.jpg

Brock Lesnar 2012

Brock's WWE return was a huge moment last year, and the build-up and match with John Cena at Extreme Rules duly delivered. After that though, we didn't see as much of him as we'd probably hoped, even though we knew it was a deal with limited appearances. He did pop round in the Summer to fight Triple H, then he

What's the word limit?

1000. Its in the first post.

I'm fucked already, been writing a little and there's no way I'm keeping it under 1000 words at the moment. I'll try and chop it down or condense it in to bullet points. Either way I don't think it will stand out as much as the whole thing.

I'm pretty sure last years ruling on the 1000 word count was pretty relaxed. I know mine were always over and if I recall the final two posts were pretty epic.

Good to know. I'll see what the final tally is and if its just a little over, submit it for review. If that fails, I'll work on it.

• Awards Moderator

Might as well get right on it, as I don't know when next I'll have the time!

-

1) HarmonicGenerator vs. Teedy Kay

Oooh You Tease!

A returning scenario came out of the draw first. Trouble in the ranks between tag partners often makes for a good soap opera storyline, and the eventual payoff can provide a key moment in the careers of both partners. Last year this scenario saw two entries choosing to break up a team from the past, namely The Bluebloods and The Road Warriors.

Book a compelling split between a tag team of your choice, past or present.

Book the whole thing from-

the incident the triggers the storyline,

the teasing,

and eventual payoff.

-

My team of choice?

wwe_team_hell_no___i__m_the_tag_team_champions___wall_by_timetravel6000v2-d5h29jj.jpeg

Team Hell No.

Now, to an extent, they have already had incidents and teases leading to a split. These antics, like we saw at Royal Rumble and this week on TV, continue up to and including Elimination Chamber. Despite the friction between Kane and Daniel Bryan, they remain Tag Team Champions. But Bryan has had enough.

DBry_crop_exact.jpg

Daniel and his beard come to the ring on the RAW following Elimination Chamber and say enough is enough, and it's time for a change, except using different words. He challenges Kane to a match at WrestleMania, to prove once and for all that he is the Tag Team Champions!

On SmackDown, Kane issues his response, but first taunts Bryan by coming to the ring with this guy:

JP04.jpg

A goat. Because Daniel Bryan has the face of a goat, I believe. Kane makes some sort of Jurassic Park analogy (Kane's the T-Rex in this situation), and ACCEPTS BRYAN'S CHALLENGE! It's Daniel Bryan vs. Kane at WrestleMania!

But wait!

Booker-T-Smackdown-GM.jpg

Booker GM comes out and says 'oh, hell no!' (See what I did there?)

You want Daniel Bryan vs. Kane at WrestleMania? (Crowd cheers) Well, you'll get it, but they're still the Tag Team Champions, and as a tag team legend (not that this is mentioned in any other context, but go with me here), Booker wants those belts defended at WM! If they want to fight each other at Metlife Stadium, they also have to agree to defend their Championship... in Tag Team Turmoil!

There will be SIX other teams vying for the titles, and after they've beaten the crap out of each other, Kane and Bryan had damn sure better have worked out their differences or neither man will be the Tag Team Champions! Booker adds a clause that they can't touch each other - even to hug it out - until 'Mania. Work out your frustrations there, then defend the titles like a proper team. TEAM WORK IS IMPORTANT KIDS. If they attack each other during Turmoil, they're stripped of the belts and suspended. Whatever it takes to make the situation make sense!

Each subsequent week on RAW, another team is revealed, followed by one of their members facing one of Hell No on SmackDown.

Meanwhile, Dr Shelby is chosen to be Guest Referee for Kane vs. Bryan!

sg-raw1007_drshelby_2nd_091012.jpg

The first opponents for Turmoil are revealed to be:

RAW_1010_Photo_036_display_image.jpg

Look at them there, hugging it out. It's Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara! (Note: this way, Cara gets a low-key 'Mania debut, and Rey doesn't have to destroy his knees in a singles match).

The next four teams are all pretty obvious:

DarrenTitus.jpg

The Primetime Players! They're gonna make MILLIONSADOLLARS at WrestleMania!

wwe%203mb%20three%20man%20band.png

The Three Man Band! (Well, Slater and McIntyre - I refuse to let Jinder Mahal anywhere near a match at WrestleMania.) They're gonna rock out on the biggest stage of them all!

TheUsos.jpg

The Usos! They're going to bring the Samoan rugby team with them and do a giant haka!

epico-primo_1.jpg

Primo and Epico! Because... well, because. Also Rosa.

Meanwhile, the singles matches on each SmackDown are not going well. Kane distracts Bryan, Bryan distracts Kane... sometimes they win, but generally it's not going well, and they're casting doubt on if they'll even get their match at WM.

We get to the go-home RAW. Who will the final team be?

Have Rhodes Scholars reunited?

Will Tensai and Brodus Clay team up?

The Shield?

Silence falls.

"OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW?"

newAgeOutlaws3.jpg

IT'S THE NEW AGE OUTLAWS!

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn cut an awesome promo about making a comeback at WrestleMania - the greatest tag team in WWE history is going for the belts one more time!

Hell No head to the ring and say, hang on, surely WE are the greatest tag team in history? The Outlaws point out the bleeding obvious, namely that Hell No are also fighting each other at WrestleMania. Hell No get riled up. How dare they insinuate that they, Kane and Bryan, won't win Turmoil? They brawl, Bryan locks in the Oh You Didn't No Lock, but Kane and Bryan almost run into each other. Oops.

On the final SmackDown before 'Mania, the Outlaws set a Battle Royal challenge for the other teams - they're on commentary. Hell No come out before the Battle Royal and everyone piles on them. Hell No fight them off, and are alone in the ring. They're desperate to attack each other... but don't.

They're waiting for...

WrestleMania294_display_image.jpg

Kane vs. Bryan is up first at WrestleMania. It's a great, hard-fought little brawl to kick off the show, and lasts more than 18 seconds. Kane's best WM match in a while, but Bryan picks up the victory. Shelby raises his hand, commiserates Kane, and then (you know what's coming)

20120907_HugItOut_347.jpg

He wants them to HUG IT OUT at the Showcase of the Immortals. Kane looks at Bryan. Bryan looks at Kane. They both look at Shelby. Then they beat the stuffing out of him. Are they on the same page at last? Was beating the snot out of each other all it took?

Well, no, because Kane flattens Bryan and walks away.

Later, it's time for TAG TEAM TURMOIL.

Kane and a hurting Bryan are out first. They beat the Usos, Primo and Epico, 3MB and the Primetimes - primarily because all Bryan has to do is mention to Kane that he BEAT HIM AT WRESTLEMANIA and Kane goes mental. However, there's that stipulation that they can't attack each other during Turmoil, so Kane offloads on the opposing team, decimating each of them in turn.

The Outlaws are the penultimate team. They get a huge pop, they do their shtick, and they have a pretty good little match with a now fatigued Hell No. Sadly, they don't win, but everybody loved seeing them anyway. Mysterio and Cara are last out, and though they do very well, they're no match for the skills of Bryan (even injured) and the wrath of Angry Kane.

Hell No win Tag Team Turmoil! They did it!

TeamHellNoRetain_original.jpg

They raise each others' arms, facing the hard camera, Kane on our left, Bryan on the right. Are they finally ... finally on the same page?

Of course not. This camera angle, and the entire angle in fact, is set up in this way to provide us with a total rip-off of this wonderful moment from Avengers Assemble, with Kane as Hulk and Bryan as Thor.

3675687_o.gif

And cut to a backstage segment.

-

So it's not a break-up as such - and in fact, though the characters have developed, we're actually, in a roundabout way, much in the same place we started - but there's trouble in the ranks there, and it's definitely got a payoff:

3675687_o.gif

It gets us Kane vs. Bryan at WrestleMania, lots of tag teams at Mania as well, a suitable but not exhausting showcase for Mysterio and Cara, a return for the Outlaws, and a goat.

Also, this:

3675687_o.gif

Right, I'm off to watch Avengers. Your go, Teedy!

• Paid Members

They were towards the end of the Comp, but early doors keeping it at 1000 would be best for me, otherwise it's a LOT for me and the panel to get through with 32 possibly entries!

Remember as well, quality over quantity. It doesn't matter how close to the word limit you get, if your opponent packs more quality in fewer words, he's going through.

Rule One, if you're really struggling I'd think again what the most important things to your scenario are, re; your PM earlier.

I don't mind too much, but PLEASE no more than an extra 200 words tops from the 1000 count, and only if you absolutely MUST have it. If you've gone over it just for the sake of it, you'll lose voting points.

Suck it.

Thanks Nick, I wrote a hell of a lot more but I doubt it would have made a difference, regardless. Least I gave this a shot.

This clocks in at around 1150 words after a lot of trimming. I suck, I know. Pictures will be added if I can find them or be arsed to add them.

Let's get Punk'd Up

After 430+ days, CM Punk's WWE title reign finally came to an end at the Royal Rumble PPV courtesy of The Rock. We know he's got a rematch coming up at the Elimination Chamber PPV, but otherwise the Straight Edge superstar's future is relatively unclear, and therefore quite exciting in prospect. Who knows what's next for him?

Book CM Punk's road to Wrestlemania.

You may start from BEFORE the finish of the Punk/Rock title match

You can CHANGE THE OUTCOME of said match if you see fit.

Book his run from this point up until the post-match celebrations at Wrestlemania 29.

RAW 21/1/13

• CM Punk/Rock stare-down.
  • Shield attack the Rock.
  • Vince McMahon declares that if the Shield or an associate of Punk interferes at the Royal Rumble, Punk forfeits the title.

Royal Rumble 2013

CM Punk vs The Rock

Punk stands alone but defiant in his title match with the Rock where he manages to go toe to toe with him for a good twenty minutes. The match reaches its peak point as Punk goes to hit the GTS on the Rock for a second time and hopefully get the win. As Punk lifts the Rock, his feet collide with the referee and sends him to the outside and out cold for the moment. The Rock escapes and throws Punk over the top rope. As Punk catches a breather on the outside, John Cena sprints to the ring and delivers an AA to the Rock as well as giving him the 'you can't see me' gesture before running off to the back. The referee and Punk climb into the ring simultaneously just moments later, seeing the Rock laid out, Punk seizes the opportunity and covers the Rock for the 1-2-3. Punk celebrates the win dumbfounded about the situation.

The last two left in the Royal Rumble match (This match goes on last, as it should!) are a surprise returning Undertaker and John Cena. In the final moments of the match Cena has Undertaker on the ropes and is looking the better of the two to win. The Rock wanting revenge belts it to the ring pushing aside all and sundry to get to Cena. Cena turns to meet the Rock and gets clattered with two punches that sends him back, the Rock lines up a third punch but Cena ducks and punch connects with the Undertaker sending him over the top rope and eliminating him. Cena tosses the Rock out and points to the Wrestlemania 29 sign as he is declared the winner of the Royal Rumble.

RAW 28/1/13

RAW opens with Punk and Heyman recapping Punk's victory over the Rock, further gloating that they knew all along that Punk would win. Punk reiterates he is still the champion and will be the champion for some time to come. He acknowledges the assist from Cena but states that they are not associates and therefore his win stands. As he gloats, the Rock's music hits and he saunters down to the ring. The Rock acknowledges Punk's win but states he got lucky, he wants a rematch but Punk says no. This brings out Cena who is loving the anarchy he has caused. Why John, why? Asks Punk. The Rock looks on with anticipation.

You can enter whenever you want in the two weeks. Just be sure to put what your angle is and who you're against. At least that was the case last time.

Oh and I'm pretty sure pictures are a must Rule One. Or they are highly recommended in any case.

• Paid Members

Cheers spotlightmagnet, I managed to terrify myself about a fictional rule that had never been mentioned there. GREAT START! Here's mine, anyway. 1008 words, I think. The extra 8 were absolutely necessary.

12) Up Chuck vs Slapnut

The American Dream (Well, subject to a work visa)

Successfully introduce another foreign export to the WWE.

Obviously they can be form anywhere EXCEPT the United States. Or Canada. That would be cheating.

Book the first 3 months of their WWE stay.

The post-Wrestlemania debut season is ripe for the plucking here, as there

Archived