UFC 155: 'Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of the big commentary teams (UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator), Anik/Florian are my least favourite going today.

Really? I quite like that combination, as they kind of blend into the background allowing me to concentrate on the fights themselves. The likes of Mauro Ranallo really does my head in.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anik and Keno-Flo are good in theory, they know their shit and do not overshadow the fighters, they are just boring and lifeless in practice.

It adds to the moment when a Ranello or Rogan goes mental, their emotion gets you excited. With Anik I just think of TUF Live, overly produced and boring which is a reflection of him really.

Anik maybe good at what he does in a way, but he sucks the fun out of MMA at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see how he does alongside Rogan I think. I get what you mean about his combination with Florian, but then again I think Florian is pretty plain and although he does know his shit, which keeps the likes of me happy, I can see why he wouldn't appeal to casual fans.

Yeah you nailed it there, knowing your shit is important but being personable is more so to the casual viewer. Dana has said Goldy is taking time of and is not sure when he will be back.

Luckily commentary will not be a factor as much with this show, Tito Ortiz could be brought back to do color for all I care as I am really looking forward to the Main Event.

It has crept up with the holidays and it may not have the buzz Lesnar vs Overeem had last year, but like the fight last year it has the quality of being totally unpredictable, as people are predicting different things and the first fight did not answer much.

I agree with Wand (the Canadian tosser ;) ) that JDS is not getting enough credit, however the questions around the first fight do add to the intrigue of this fight. I am picking JDS, but I am more worried about Cain than anyone else at 265lbs. They are the two best heavies in the world right now, forget Overeem who has still not validated himself for various reasons I and others have covered several times.

The undercard offers some exciting fights, Miller vs Lauzon is almost certain not to be boring, Chris Leben is rarely in a boring fight, Belcher can keep pace with the top contenders at 185lbs by avenging his loss to Okami and Boetsch vs Phillippou could be a decent brawl.

Its been a trying year for UFC, but they should go out with a bang. 2013 on paper looks very promising.

• Paid Members
I agree with Wand (the Canadian tosser ;) )

Eh, eh what you talking aboot? :)

I'm actually back now so I'm a Brummie tosser again now. Still gonna miss this event though because me and my girlfriend are going to stay with her family tonight. I'll Sky+ it and watch it Monday.

• Paid Members

On the commentating front, in an ideal world if I could pick all the teams I'd go with...

PPV/FOX - Todd Harris & Joe Rogan (maybe bring back Randy for a 3 man team)

FX - Jon Anik & Pat Miletich

FUEL - Stephen Quadros & Frank Mir

I'd also have Joe Martinez on ring announcing duty for the FX and FUEL events and save Buffer for the PPV and FOX shows.

Out of the big commentary teams (UFC/Strikeforce/Bellator), Anik/Florian are my least favourite going today.

Really? I quite like that combination, as they kind of blend into the background allowing me to concentrate on the fights themselves. The likes of Mauro Ranallo really does my head in.

From opinion I've read, Anik/Florian and Ranallo/Frank Shamrock/Miletich are the most divisive commentary teams with fans but I like the latter team.

Wish we would hear more from Todd Harris and Joe Martinez again.

I originally predicted dos Santos by KO in two and Miller by decision, I'm sticking by them. I predicted Leben by KO before the change in opponents and still think that will happen in the first round. Miller/Lauzon could be a late Fight of the Year candidate and change people's picks for Fight of the Year at the last moment.

Miletich is great, pretty underrated I think. Shamrock is terrible and Ranallo really grates on me these days. I liked him with Bas in Pride, they made a good team. Ranallo without Bas is shit though.

Pat is great at what he does, I just dislike him personally and that overshadows his good work.

Ranello I like, but in Strikeforce he tried a bit too hard with pop-culture references. He did not try as hard with Bas, I liked Bas with Quadros and Mauro, he gets a lot of shit for being a bit too gimmicky and not taking it seriously, but I would have Bas back anyday he was really fun and his emotion added to it, a bit like Rogan.

I love Frank Shamrock as a person, so me liking his commentary is biased as fuck, he must be crap because everyone else besides me thinks he is shit.

Funny story, I posted on a picture of Frank, Mauro and Pat from a recent Strikeforce stating that Frank had aged the best, Mauro responded that he disagreed and was a right good sport. Mauro is a really nice guy it would seem.

Archived