UFC 155: 'Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

nah Shamrock is alright during the fight, he's just awful in the pre-fight talk, always comes across like he's reading off a teleprompter. I always get the impression that the Strikeforce team f'n hate each other as well...bring back Gus Johnson ;)

Facebook prelims start at 11.35pm, im staying up for this one :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
May just be Wand then, the miserable sod

That's me

Mr._Miserable.PNG

It must be just me then. Seems like most on here like him. I can't be doing with him, his voice, his Bo Selecta face, the nonsense spewing forth from his gob. I've always thought he seemed a proper dickhead as well so I think I'd dislike listening to him whatever the case. Funny how I actually really like Mir's commentary though, despite disliking him a lot more than Shamrock.

I've PM'd you Supremo and SexxyJessica, incase someone hasn't already. I'm gutted I'm gonna miss this. I'm sat here drinking Bailey's with my girlfriend's Mom's cat sitting licking it's bollocks next to me. Party.

Enjoy the fights.

EDIt - Shit, I've just gone on Junkie and spoiled the Facebook prelims for myself. What a twat. I somehow missed Ebb's post directly above mine.

**SPOILERS FOLLOW**

The co-main event delivered and was deserving of that status which originally it didn't have. Miller looked great and Lauzon was left a bloody mess with a nasty cut. Miller wins the decision. dos Santos/Velasquez was so one-sided, I don't think anybody will have predicted the fight going down like that. Didn't like dos Santos's cage grabbing. Really didn't like JDS getting booed before his interview. JDS survived a beating to make it till the end.

Only watched the main card, because Mum thought Sunday afternoon when I told her the last UFC event of the year was on was a terrific time to go house hunting. Mothers! Anyways...

UFC 155 was the first fight card I've purchased in months, and until Lauzon/Miller I was bitterly regretting my purchase. But, the fights that matter delivered. Glad Cain won to set up a massive rubber match in the future, I was surprised at how easily he dominated though. Even the biggest Cain hater has to admit that the injury played a huge part in the first fight after that performance.

As for what's next for the heavyweight division? It depends when Cain wants to fight again. Cormier basically ruled himself out on the post fight show, saying he'd likely drop weight rather than fight Cain. Guessing Reem will be next if he beats Bigfoot, if he's clean and if UFC don't want to instantly rematch Cain/JDS. A lot of ifs, but I think it'll be Reem. 2013 starts with Reem/Bigfoot and Struve/Hunt, both of those fights could sort out some contenders, with Nelson floating around as well.

It'll be interesting to see how this performs buyrate wise. UFC didn't promote 155 the same way the first FOX show was, so was the interest there for the heavyweight fight without the big hype? Whenever the rubber match is set, I think that'll get promoted massively now that they're 1-1 and we've seen them fight for an extended period.

This fight really showed how great Cain is. I expected this after the Bigfoot fight. The way he ran over that guy seemed to go under the radar for alot of people. Either JDS was gonna clip him or Cain would run over him like a train. I'm glad it was the latter :)

Like an utter knob I fell asleep after the first main card fight, livid! Does anyone have a good source/tracker for downloading UFC events? Sorry to be such a letch.

Staying spoiler free

This for me if possible, set myself down with a good stream and because of being ill for the last 3 days I fell asleep before it even started, unimpressed with myself

• Paid Members

overall thought on the show was it was a bit of a dud until the co-main event, the prelims had some good fights but the first two PPV fights were pretty horrendous.

* First off, Cain Velasquez, holy shit that was a performance. If there's any critisicm it's gonna be of course about his power again, it is the one think he seems to lack, that freaky KO power, standing he seems to have it, but his ground and pound doesn't have that snap...i put it more down to Cain thinking as much about control and throwing punches but you have to feel JDS was there to be taken out on several occasion. Still, them first two rounds from Cain were amazing, he's a scary fucking man. The thing is, once you've been on the recieving end of that kind of beating you basically have nothing left, even when Cain slowed down in 4 + 5 there was no way JDS was left with any kind of energy to take Cain out. Beatdown.

* Was Lauzon/Miller ever gonna be anything other than fight of the night? sometimes there are fights that you can bank on being great and this was one, the blood element just made it a different fight to what i think anyone thought it would be, but fucking hell that was a mess. Jim Miller looked like a savage in that first round, i guess it was all to do with trying to stop Lauzon not making his trademark first start, it worked. If Lauzon had pulled off that heel hook late i would have shit on my cat. Great fight.

* Phillipou/Boetsch: even though i can understand why it's getting lumped in with the poor portion of the card, i actually enjoyed this. There was some fights where you just start to feel sorry for one of the guys, and i had here for Boetsch, he tried his hardest but things just kept going wrong, busted hand, butted, cut in about 4 place, poked in the eye, rough night! Two tough muthafuckers though, im calling for a Phillipou/Lombard fight, let's see it.

* Okami/Belcher: it was a poor fight but i don't hold it against Okamki, basically when you fight a guy like Belcher who has a significant striking advantage, you have to take that advantage away, Okamki did completely and he deserves credit for that. Okami is the kind of fighter that fights smart, he isn't a total lay and prayer, when he knows he can outstrike someone he will stand and trade (see Boetsch fight), but he definitly doesn't allow an opponent to utilise his strength, unfortunately it appears everyone's holding that against him...as for Belcher, ive always liked to dislike him, i love his fight style but i did enjoy him seeing him eat a little humble pie, he thought he was gonna walk through Okami.

* Leben/Brunson: now this was the shits.

Prelims had some good shit:

* Varner/Guillard was a good fight, i think Varner's got shot of any reservations people had of him and he's proving why he was a world champion in a stacked WEC division. Guillard never seems to do well when a guy comes at him and doesn't show signs of being afraid of his power. The scoring was all to cock in this.

* Wineland/Pickett was alright, Brad Pickett needs a plan B though, if someones happy to stand in the pocket and trade with him he's gonna do alright but Wineland's superior footwork just befuddled him, Pickett was swinging at mid-air most of the night. Wineland's had made of the surprise comebacks of the year.

* Todd Duffee is back and im happy about it. There was only gonna be one result on the feet, Duffee throws heaters in there...gonna be an exciting 2013 for him. De Fries is a work in progress, he's got one aspect down that many heavyweights lack but other elements of his game aint there.

Archived