UFC 155: 'Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Melvin Guillard vs. Jamie Varner officially added to this card. Gotta think it headlines the FX prelims at least.

I hope Varner smashes him and gets back to winning ways.

The worlds only Jamie Varner fan had to be David.

Cody Mckenzie is out off 155 as well.

Melvin Guillard vs. Jamie Varner officially added to this card. Gotta think it headlines the FX prelims at least.

I hope Varner smashes him and gets back to winning ways.

The worlds only Jamie Varner fan had to be David.

Nah, I despised him when he was in WEC, but after he fell on tough times it's hard not to root for him.

Don't worry, this isn't a bad news bump.

Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller has been upgraded to co-main event status. I really think that fight could be a late contender for FOTY.

Thanks for answering my FIF question. What was the original co-main event. Like you I can see Lauzon/Miller turning out to be a FOTY candidate.

I don't like Melvin Guillard or Jamie Varner so I hope it goes long and they batter each other :D.

Great opening post there, wand! I was a bit like Jack in that gif. God, I hated that first fight :)

I loved how Cain just punched a hole in Bigfoot. Cain looked amazing, and i'm glad to know he's still hungry and he has a personality that can take a punch. Lets hope he can perform the same way vs JDS.

Also: LAUZON!! I'm a big fan so its gonna be great seeing him in action again :) Looks like a killer PPV.

• Paid Members

ohhh Holloway/Garcia could be wild, two different style but those two guys scrap.

Nice Xmas present for Brunson, only a couple of weeks ago he was complaining about not being able to get out of his Strikeforce contract...he was meant to be on TUF 16.

Holloway should win by just being plain better.

More technique in his striking, less mileage and having serious power. Garcia's aggression should be fairly easy for Hollaway to counter. Garcia may have a ground advantage but he never uses it.

Anyone who is not sold on Holloway winning, look at how he broke down the highly touted Justin Lawerence last time out.

Holloway should win by just being plain better.

More technique in his striking, less mileage and having serious power. Garcia's aggression should be fairly easy for Hollaway to counter. Garcia may have a ground advantage but he never uses it.

Anyone who is not sold on Holloway winning, look at how he broke down the highly touted Justin Lawerence last time out.

It all depends on how Holloway approaches the fight. If he tries to strike with Garcia in a three frame fight there's a good chance it'll go the judges, and Garcia rarely loses those.

there's a good chance it'll go the judges, and Garcia rarely loses those.

Hopefully the judges will finally get that just because he is coming forward, does not mean he is landing much!

He has had more gift verdicts than anyone in MMA that I can think of. Luckily Hollaway seems to be a finisher.

• Paid Members

Updated the first post with the card updates;

PPV MAIN CARD

Junior Dos Santos vs Cain Velasquez - UFC Heavyweight Title

Joe Lauzon vs Jim Miller

Tim Boetsch vs Constantinos Philippou

Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher

Chris Leben vs Derek Brunson

FX PRELIMS

Brad Pickett vs Eddie Wineland

Erik Perez vs Byron Bloodworth

Melvin Guillard vs Jamie Varner

Michael Johnson vs Myles Jury

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Phil De Fries vs Todd Duffee

Chris Cariaso vs John Moraga

Leonard Garcia vs Max Holloway

I hope I get to see this.

Only two days until perhaps the biggest fight of the year. When I talk about wanting to keep title fights for the very best facing the very best, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

We have the legit #1 & #2 heavyweight fighters in the world facing each other for the heavyweight title, in a fight that requires zero trashtalking or promos. Saying that, we could have done with the UFC pushing it a bit more.

Still, I'm fucking stoked. I must be one of the few people who thinks that Velasquez could take the title back here. I certainly don't see it being over early.

Archived