Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Rumours is getting a big re-issue imminently as well, so I'm going to live in hope for a tour - or at least one or two big dates. I wasn't considering going back to Hard Rock Calling next year after the smelly, muddy, sound-cutty curfewy, audience-full-of-twats-y mess of this year but Fleetwood Mac are one of the very few bands that might convince me otherwise.

• 1 month later...
Scottish rock trio Biffy Clyro will headline this summer's Reading & Leeds Festivals as a UK festival exclusive.

Biffy Clyro The band, who are currently at the top slot in the UK album charts with their sixth studio double album 'Opposites', will present tracks from their new material alongside fan favourites in a headlining set over the weekend of the bank holiday weekend, from Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August. Reading Festival takes place at Little Johns Farm, Richfield Avenue, Reading, Berkshire, and Leeds Festival takes place at Bramham Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire.

Also confirmed for the the Main Stage are System of a Down, Foals, Bring Me The Horizon, and American pop punks Fall Out Boy who announced they have reformed today, and will be making a UK festival exclusive appearance.

Also confirmed today for the NME/Radio 1 Stage at Reading & Leeds this year is Jake Bugg, who completes today's line-up.

Rapper Eminem is the only other headliner confirmed for next year in his only UK festival appearance of 2013. Also previously announced are NME/Radio 1 Stage headliners Alt-J, Deftones, Boy Better Know ft. Wiley, JME and Skepta and Sub Focus live. There are many more names yet to be revealed.

• Paid Members

Is there anyone in here with any experience in camping at Reading and Isle of Wight? Planning to go to my first two festivals this summer and trying to sort camping areas out with mates. I have little to no clue about most things but they're currently just saying colours at me with no explanation.

I'm looking for something that isn't going to get too crazy in the evenings but still has an alright atmosphere.

This is probably one of my stupider posts.

If you do the Isle Of Wight festival keep an eye out on their main site for when the respect campsite places open up. It does not cost anything to sign up but it does have restricted access so your stuff is less likely to get nicked, you have a bit more space to pitch your tent and as result things are a bit more relaxed. Also pick yourself up a when nature calls wristband http://www.when-nature-calls.co.uk/ , worth its weight in gold.

There are rumours with real legs about Fleetwood Mac headlining Glastonbury.

Are they back together? I presume this would mean a tour too. Would love to see them.

They announced an American tour last week.

Mick Fleetwood on Radio 2 a few weeks back said that he was contacted by a good friend who lived on the glastonbury land and on speaking to the organiser turned it down as they wanted to visit as many locations as possible on the tour and doing glastonbury would throw there plans out, but didnt rule out 2014

Archived