Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

I have to say i'm slightly disappointed with the Friday night headliners for Download this year. It's not that i don't like Slipknot, Black Stone Cherry or HIM it's more that I can take or leave them. I'm quite pleased with the rest of the Friday bands though, especially looking forward to seeing DragonForce, 3 Doors Down, Papa Roach, Europe and Turisas.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Stage splits are out for T in the Park.

FRIDAY 12th JULY

Main Stage: Mumford and Sons, Chase and Status, Emeli Sande, Kendrick Lamar, The Proclaimers

Radio One Stage: Calvin Harris, The Courteeners, Jake Bugg, Texas, Haim, Milo Greene

King Tuts Tent: Kraftwerk, Phoenix, Of Monsters and Men, Rudimental, Everything Everything, Imagine Dragons

Slam Tent: Green Velvet, Jackmaster and Joy Orbison, Maceo Plex, Eats Everything, Silicone Soul

Transmissions: TBA, Steve Mason, James Skelly and The Intruders, Tribes, Fidlar, Vigo Thieves

T-Break: The Marylees, Dark, Hacktivist, Bo Bruce, Sons and Lovers, Hector Bizerk, Honeyblood, TBA

SATURDAY 13th JULY

Main Stage: Rihanna, The Script, Snoop Dogg, Paloma Faith, The Lumineers, The View, Deacon Blue, The Fratellis, James Arthur

Radio One Stage: Beady Eye, Dizzee Rascal, Frightened Rabbit, Noah and the Whale, Ke$ha, Villagers, Lawson, Gabrielle Aplin, The Original Rudeboys

King Tuts: Alt-J, Twin Atlantic, Travis, Miles Kane, TBA, Palma Violets, TBA, Foy Vance, Jack Savoretti, Swim Deep

Slam Tent: Richie Hawtin, Slam, Laurent Garnier, Claude Von Stroke, Maya Jane Coles, Derrick Carter x Mark Farina x DJ Sneak, H-Foundation

Transmissions: My Bloody Valentine, British Sea Power, Lower Than Atlantis, Willy Mason, Daughter, Kodaline, Peace, The Strypes, Theme Park, MS MR, TBA

T-Break: The Velveteen Saints, Sunshine Social, Waiting For Go, The Virginmarys, Nina Nesbitt, Diana Vickers, TBA, Lucy Spraggan, TBA, TBA, Michael Cassidy, Fake Major, Seams

SUNDAY 14th JULY

Main Stage: The Killers, Stereophonics, Frank Ocean, Two Door Cinema Club, Rita Ora, Ocean Colour Scene, Earth Wind and Fire

Radio One Stage: David Guetta, Foals, Editors, Azealia Banks, Frank Turner, Bastille, Little Mix, The Heavy, Mallory Knox

King Tuts: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Labrinth, Hurts, Disclosure, Johnny Marr, The 1975, Tom Odell, Deap Vally, Lewis Watson

Slam Tent: Ben Klock and Marcel Dettmann, Adam Beyer, Seth Troxler, Tyler the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, Nina Kraviz, Jamie Jones, Nina Foss, Anja Schneider

Transmissions: Hot Natured, Local Natives, CHVRCHES, Jagwar MA, Modestep, Alunageorge, Laura Mvula, Ruen Brothers, Brooke Candy, TBA

T-Break: Machines in Heaven, Blindfolds, Vasa, TBA, Lucy Rose, TBA, Diiv, Josh Record, Trash Talk, TBA, Josephine, Pronto Mama, Arches, Poor Things

this might seem a daft question, but...Download is next week, and has anyone ever parked in Castle Donington just on the local estates where it is just residential parking?Looking at Google Earth it seems there are places where it could be done, but might the local residents have permits? Neighbourhood Watch etc.?

• Paid Members

Are you just going for the day and want to avoid the festival car parks? You could park in Derby near the train station & get the shuttle bus to & from the fest, it'd likely be cheaper than festival parking.

Are you just going for the day and want to avoid the festival car parks? You could park in Derby near the train station & get the shuttle bus to & from the fest, it'd likely be cheaper than festival parking.

No, going for the weekend.Like I say, I've seen places on google earth that look like you could, but I'm just thinking if we try it and it turns out that all residents have some kind of permit for the weekend (to prove they live there) are we going to get busted or something.I did ask the same question on the DL forum and just got people telling me to buy a parking ticket whilst trying to make me out to be somekind of prick for not wanting to pay

• Paid Members

tbh, if you;'re going for the weekend the saving you'll get from taking the shuttle each day over buying a parking ticket, will end up being about a 4 quid all weekend. Not having to schlep all your shit on the bus is worth that alone.

Archived