Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'll be off to Party San again next year. Best festival I've ever been to. Money depending I'd like to do the same run I did last year of Hellfest in June and then the double-header of Party San-Summer Breeze in August with a few days staying at a friends in between. Though Party San is a certainty no matter what; I have so much love for that fest.

• Paid Members
Well, T in the Park have announced a few.

Headlining will be Mumford and Sons and Rihanna. Obviously joined by someone else. Then other bands playing are Alt-J, Jake Bugg, The Script, Of Monsters and Men and Paloma Faith.

So... probably missing THAT then.

Christ almighty, are they trying to be shit? What a fucking awful line-up.

• Paid Members
Well, T in the Park have announced a few.

Headlining will be Mumford and Sons and Rihanna. Obviously joined by someone else. Then other bands playing are Alt-J, Jake Bugg, The Script, Of Monsters and Men and Paloma Faith.

So... probably missing THAT then.

Daft Punk have been heavily rumoured as one of the other (probably 2nd stage) headliners. Still not enough to make me want to go.

Sonisphere have stated that they will return in 2013 and looking to make their first announcment in the next 2-3 weeks.

The 2012 has been called a "hiccup due to spending too long on the lineup". You know, the one with 3 headliners that took 5 minutes of thought to come up with. Either way, we'll see what happens

Bloodstock

Slayer

Avantasia

Whitechapel

Kataklysm

Ex Deo.

King Diamond

Lamb Of God (UK exclusive/ assuming Randy Blythe isn't in jail)

Anthrax

Accept

DevilDriver

Dark Funeral

Municipal Waste

Amorphis,

Fozzy

Firewind

Download

Slipknot

Iron Maiden

Rammstein

Queens of the Stone Age

A Day To Remember

Alice in Chains

Thirty Seconds To Mars

Bullet For My Valentine

Motorhead

Volbeat

The Gaslight Anthem

HIM

• Paid Members
Sonisphere have stated that they will return in 2013 and looking to make their first announcment in the next 2-3 weeks.

The 2012 has been called a "hiccup due to spending too long on the lineup". You know, the one with 3 headliners that took 5 minutes of thought to come up with. Either way, we'll see what happens

Hardly. When you list potential headliners of a rock festival in 2012 Queen wouldn't be anywhere near my top 20/30 guesses.

T in the Park's third headliner is The Killers. Two Door Cinema Club are on the bill too. It's dawned on me that the bands announced for T, outside of the headliners, will be at most festivals next year low on the bill, much like they will there. So I'm not fussed. Plus, I like Of Monsters and Men, and two of the headliners suit me, even if one of them should NOT be headlining.

There are rumours with real legs about Fleetwood Mac headlining Glastonbury.

Deftones, Alt-J, Sub Focus and Boy Better Know ft. Wiley, Skepta, JME are heading for Reading too. Alt-J are headlining the second stage, and Deftones are playing the main stage. Boy Better Know are headlining a new stage I think.

Bloc Party, Jake Bugg, The Script, Paloma Faith, Ellie Goulding, Happy Mondays, Blondie and The Maccabees are all playing Isle of Wight as well as the two headliners mentioned. The third headliner gets confirmed this month.

Archived