Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its where you stand and I don't usually have problems, but this year was far worse. We went back a little for the Maiden encore and you could hardly hear it all. We also picked up a new favorite festival past time for between bands. All you need is an empty paper beer cup and a shoe lace. Tie one end of the the lace to the base of the and the other around your ankle. Then when those wombles who seem to enjoy paying

Isle of Man Festival has been cancelled. From the BBC

A music festival due to take place on the Isle of Man next month has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales, according to organisers.

The event was scheduled to take place on 6 July at Nobles Park with a line up including Primal Scream, Paloma Faith, Johnny Marr and Laura Mvula.

A festival spokesman said: "Refunds should be directed to the agent from where tickets were purchased."

"The event can't move forward due to the lack of ticket sales," he added.

Festival prices ranged from

So, Alex Turner. Cool as fuck or egotistical prick? I really liked the set, and I don't particularly like the Arctic Monkeys. They are a lot better live than on record, even though most songs follow the formula of standard riff played on bass and guitar/vocal line/energetic drums. Portishead on now as well, and Chic and Nile Rodgers earlier. Never considered getting tickets, kind of wish I had now.

• Paid Members

Depends if you like the music. He's got a ton more presence than he used to, that's for sure. I imagine if you actively dislike their music, it'd put you off. Same with any frontman who draws attention to themselves. It's gonna split people.

• Paid Members
So, Alex Turner. Cool as fuck or egotistical prick? I really liked the set, and I don't particularly like the Arctic Monkeys. They are a lot better live than on record, even though most songs follow the formula of standard riff played on bass and guitar/vocal line/energetic drums. Portishead on now as well, and Chic and Nile Rodgers earlier. Never considered getting tickets, kind of wish I had now.

ive seen a few comments about Turner dotted around, i didn't see the set...what did he do to make people split opinion?

ive seen a few comments about Turner dotted around, i didn't see the set...what did he do to make people split opinion?

He had a sharp suit, hair slicked back and generally looked like he was trying to be Elvis/a rock star from the 50s. He talked in this weird accent and did these strange monologues, introducing the band etc. I thought it looked good, people are always crying out for a proper rock star and he came across like one, very charismatic. But it was also a little bizarre and he did look like an arrogant prick. I can imagine if you liked the scrawny working class northern indie kid from 2006 you'd have been slightly perturbed by what he has become.

Did anyone see Portishead? They were brilliant.

Yeah, fantastic wasn't it. Her voice is still amazing all these years on, and I loved the whole staging of it, really intense.

I'm finding it hard watching most of the coverage, mainly because the BBC have assembled the biggest collection of cunts ever in one place to present it. Nothing worse than when they try and be 'young' and 'trendy' and end up with these loathsome wankers in their early twenties hosting the coverage, being all enthusiastic and thinking they are the coolest cunts the world has ever seen.

Saw bits of The Stones last night, Keith Richards looked half dead on the part I was watching, just halfheartedly strumming along while Ronnie Wood and occasionally Mick Taylor took the lead guitar parts.

Was at Hard Rock Calling yesterday. Got in a bit late so missed the likes of the Zach Brown Band and The Alabama shakes but got in time for The Black Crowes who were absolutely awesome. Always feel that they would have been massive if they had been around in the late 60s/70s era where their music would have been appreciated a lot more. They were on top form though yesterday and did a great old school set.

I've seen Springsteen 3 times at HRC and for me this was my favourite gig he's done there yet. Over the tour he's been playing complete albums and yesterday he did Born In The USA. It was awesome and he had the crowd in the palm of his hand from start to finish. Truly fantastic 3 hour set!

The new venue was fine too but does not have the splendour of Hyde Park. the distance between tents to the main stage was considerable too but all in all I preferred it. the sound was miles better than at Hyde Park as there was no noise restrictions.

All in all a fantastic Hard Rock Calling even this year. just wish I could have seen Kasabian the night before!

• Paid Members

Impending likelyhood Benicassim could be cancelled/scaled back if Spanish newspapers are to be believed. Apparently among other things a statement is being released tomorrow, stages were supposed to go up today but got sidelined and there's reports ticket sales are so bad they can't afford to rent the land let alone run the festival.

A lot of people are going to be pissed if this is the case, not just for losing out on the festival, but obvious air fare and the sorts.

Just got home from Glastonbury. One hell of a weekend! Portishead, Primal Scream, The Rolling Stones, Seasick Steve and the Smashing Pumpkins had great sets. Seeing John Paul Jones play with Seasick Steve for his entire set was epic, seeing him make another surprise appearance the next day with the lass from Mali on the Pyramid stage was pretty cool also. Steve is a really cool guy to chat to also, really humble and normal. Quite enjoyed Fatboy Slim's set at Arcadia on Saturday too.

Managed to get into the 5th row for the Stones, but damn was it tough to get that spot.. Cost me a poncho and some bruising during the 2hr wait for them to come on lol.

Next up.. Bloodstock and Leeds!

Archived