Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hevy Fest have posted the following announcement:

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce the cancellation of this year's festival.

Despite our best efforts to continue without the camping set-up, the change of venue has been more problematic than anticipated. It is time to draw a line under 2013, and look to the future to make sure next year's festival is everything Hevy should be.

This has been a turbulent year for us, and we are very sorry to have let our audience down."

Hevy had moved venues to a one-day festival at Brixton Academy headlined by Killswitch Engage, and it remains to be seen if the bands announced will announce any replacement shows

• 7 months later...

T in the Park have put a lineup out...

FRIDAY

Biffy Clyro, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Bastille, Pixies, Steve Angello, Alesso, HAIM, You Me at Six, Manic Street Preachers, CHVRCHES, Maximo Park, The Rifles, Len Faki, Pan-Pot

SATURDAY

Calvin Harris, Paolo Nutini, Pharrell Williams, Elbow, Rudimental, Ben Howard, James, Bombay Bicycle Club, Twin Atlantic, The 1975, John Newman, Embrace, Katy B, Nina Nesbitt, The Stranglers, Dave Clarke, Carl Craig, Metronomy, Clean Bandit, We Are Scientists, Ella Eyre, George Ezra, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Magda

SUNDAY

Arctic Monkeys, Jake Bugg, Disclosure, Example, Imagine Dragons, Tinie Tempah, Franz Ferdinand, Kaiser Chiefs, London Grammar, Tame Impala, Kodaline, Above and Beyond, Sam Smith, Passenger, Sven Vath, Newton Faulkner, Chance the Rapper, Slam, The Twilight Sad, Inspiral Carpets, Julio Bashmore, Levon Vincent, George Fitzgerald

I'm really liking that lineup. Plenty of stuff for me to get my teeth into. Pixies/Biffy clash confirmed though, which is not good.

Would have thought Pixies would have been above Ed Sheran and Ellie 'two lines make a song' Goulding.

here is how Download 2014 is looking now, I imagine thats pretty much the final lineup. Trivium moved upto the second stage as they've obviously realised putting on the tiny 4th stage was a stupid idea

poster.png

This year's V Festival in Essex and Staffordshire is to be headlined by Justin Timberlake, The Killers and Ed Sheeran, it has been announced.

The event at Hylands Park, near Chelmsford, and Weston Park, near Newport, will also include performances from Lily Allen and Elbow.

Nile Rodgers will also be performing with Chic at the festival on 16 and 17 August.

Brit Award winners Bastille, Sam Smith and Rudimental will also be playing.

In addition, the line-up will include Example, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers, The Human League and All Saints as well as dozens of other performers.

Tickets go on sale on Friday from 09:00 GMT. About 170,000 people are expected to attend throughout the two days with the acts alternating at each location.

V Festival director Bob Angus said: "We have pulled together a line-up of huge depth with a variety of artists across many musical genres and 2014 is set to be another fantastic year in V Festival's 19-year history."

Basically, the lineup is this.

The Killers, Justin Timberlake

Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Example, Lily Allen

Elbow, Axwell ^ Ingrosso, Bastille, Rudimental

Chase and Status DJ Set, Alesso, Kaiser Chiefs

Manic Street Preachers, Above and Beyond, Tom Odell, Sub Focus

Train, Blondie, Jason DeRulo, Rizzle Kicks, John Newman, Sam Smith

Katy B, Embrace, Janelle Monae, Kodaline, Miles Kane

The Human League, Newton Faulkner, Starsailor, Aloe Blocc

Alex Clare, Nina Nesbitt, The Strypes, Birdy, Foxes, Ella Eyre

The Stranglers, The Magic Numbers, Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott, George Ezra

The Wailers, M People, All Saints, The Wonder Stuff, The Rifles