Summer Festivals 2014

The Cum Doctor

Exodus, 3 Inches Of Blood, Dying Fetus, Death Angel, Scar Symmetry, Bloodbound, Scarab, The Prophecy have been added to Bloodstock 2013. Former Dirty Sanchez 'stars' Pritchard and Dainton are doing something there aswell

Devildriver are running a special Bloodstock Treasure Hunt at each of their upcoming shows in March. They’ll be hiding a prize package somewhere near the venue in each town. The parcel will include a voucher for a pair of BOA weekend tickets (with camping), a DevilDriver T-shirt, guitar picks, drumsticks, signed items. Each day, frontman Dez will Tweet/Instagram some clues for you to find the prize. Be sure to follow him on Twitter (@evilriver) and Instagram (@dezfafara) so you don’t miss out. There'll be one prize pack per tour town.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right, fair chunk of T in the Park is out. While underwhelming for big acts, there's a ton of stuff I'm interested in.

Mumford and Sons, Rihanna, The Killers

Chase and Status, The Script, Stereophonics, Kraftwerk, Emile Sande, Dizzee Rascal, Alt-J, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Two Door Cinema Club, The Courteeners, Jake Bugg, The Lumineers, Frightened Rabbit, Paloma Faith, Twin Atlantic, Labrinth, Of Monsters and Men, The View, Noah and the Whale, Editors, Azealia Banks, Frank Turner, Hot Natured, Deacon Blue, Ocean Colour Scene, The Fratellis, Modest Mouse, Rudimental, Miles Kane, Tom Odell, Disclosure, The Proclaimers, Villagers, Everything Everything, Imagine Dragons, Bastille, Chvrches, Palma Violets, Peace, The Strypes, British Sea Power, Modstep, The Original Rudeboys, The Heavy, The 1975, Nina Nesbitt

EDIT: Calvin Harris has been announced now too, with more to come at 7pm on Radio 1.

Right, fair chunk of T in the Park is out. While underwhelming for big acts, there's a ton of stuff I'm interested in.

I'm with you on this actually. Whilst the headliners don't stand out like last year, I'm at least pretty confident there'll always be someone on I'm genuinely excited about seeing. Hopefully not many clashes either. I also notice a lot of Scottish acts - Travis, maybe?

next batch of bands (49 in total) confirmed for Download 2013:

Papa Roach,

Rise To Remain,

Gogol Bordello,

Lit,

Escape The Fate

Blitz Kids

Buckcherry

Uriah Heep

P.O.D

Newsted

Europe

Katatonia

Graveyard

Turisas

Dir En Grey

Nekrogoblikon

After The Burial

The Ghost Inside

Blacklist Royals

Red Fang

Karnivool

Naked Flame

The Algorithm.

Skin

Sacred Mother Tongue

Bury Tomorrow

Architects

Brutality Will Prevail

Empress

Crowns

Emperor Chung

Sonic Boom Six

States of Panic

Bleed From Within

Verses

Hill Valley High

Astroid Boys

I Divide

Rat Attack

Mordecai

Modestep

Hang The Bastard (awesome name)

Heart Of A Coward

Glamour of the Kill

Silent Screams

Cytota

The First and Broken

Uncle Acid and the Dead Beats.

I'm with you on this actually. Whilst the headliners don't stand out like last year, I'm at least pretty confident there'll always be someone on I'm genuinely excited about seeing. Hopefully not many clashes either. I also notice a lot of Scottish acts - Travis, maybe?

Travis would surprise me. Franz Ferdinand wouldn't. They're apparently working on something this year. Apart from that, I can't see much more in the way of Scottish acts. I can see the likes of Bloc Party, Foals and those sorts announced soon. Tonight has an announcement on Zane Lowe.

Calvin Harris is headlining the Radio One Stage, and another headliner for that stage gets confirmed tonight.

Going by last year, there's about 40 bands to be confirmed still across the main four stages, not including Slam.

David Guetta is headlining the Radio One Stage again. Also playing are Foals, Phoenix, Haim and Kendrick Lamar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Bloody Hard Rock Calling.

They've announced Springsteen at the Olympic Park for June 30th. Which I imagine is an attempt to make amends for last year. Black Crowes and Alabama Shakes also playing, which makes it all quite tempting.

Except for the fact Springsteen is playing Wembley two weeks before this - which I imagine a fair number of his fans will be going to (the ones not going to Glasgow or - I think - Coventry, that is). Plus the fact he's also playing Leeds in July. Plus the fact the Wembley date was announced in December, when there was zero inkling from HRC about their line-up.

I'm glad they're out of Hyde Park - if I'm honest, a lot of the appeal of the festival was the fact it was right in the centre of London and dead easy to get to for non-Londoners like me - and I know Bruce fans are dedicated and go multiple times in a tour (hell, I'm going to Paris on the 29th as well as Wembley) but I can't imagine them pulling big numbers with Wembley so soon beforehand. I could be wrong, but I'll not be going - which is a shame, because if I'd known about it at the time of the original announcement, I'd have probably gone for it over Wembley!

Carling weekend...

DAY ONE ( Reading Friday - Leeds Saturday )

Main Stage: Green Day, System of a Down, Deftones, Bring Me the Horizon, Frank Turner

NME/Radio One Stage: Skrillex, ASAP Rocky, Major Lazer, Bastille, Peace

Dance Stage: Sub Focus

DAY TWO ( Reading Saturday - Leeds Sunday )

Main Stage: Eminem, Chase and Status, Foals, White Lies, Brand New

NME/Radio One Stage: Alt-J, Jake Bugg, Tame Impala, Imagine Dragons, Palma Violets

Dance Stage: Magnetic Man

DAY THREE ( Reading Sunday - Leeds Friday )

Main Stage: Biffy Clyro, Nine Inch Nails, Fall Out Boy, The Lumineers, Editors

NME/Radio One Stage: Phoenix, Azealia Banks, Disclosure, City and Colour, Haim

Dance Stage: Knife Party

ACROSS THE BOARD

Alex Clare, Baauer, Deap Vally, Devlin, Hadouken!, Iggy Azalea, Mallory Knox, Modestep, New Found Glory, Swim Deep, Temples, The 1975, The Blackout, The Strypes, Theme Park, Tomahawk, Twin Atlantic, While She Sleeps, Wiley

• 2 weeks later...

Black Stone Cherry, CHTHONIC & The Oriental Orchestra, DragonForce, Masters Of Reality, Ghost, Satyricon, Red White & Blues. Fearless Vampire Killers, Fidlar, Palm Reader, Rival Sons, Little Caesar, Krokodil, Patent Pending, Idiom, Voodoo Six and Hammer Of The Gods.

All confirmed for Download 2013

Day tickets for the festival go on sale from Thursday 28 March at 9am.

Archived