Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Dave Meltzer is a name I only know because he writes for Sherdog and used to cover MMA for Yahoo sports. I started listening to Austin's podcast when he had Josh Barnett on it as well as a good interview with Daniel Cormier. It's obvious that Austin is a big MMA fan, so talking to a guy who does MMA journalism about the sport nakes sense to me. I know Meltzer also writes about pro wrestling as well, but it's not all he writes about.

• Paid Members

Where has this assumption come from that if you like Wrestling then you automatically like MMA? 

I personally enjoyed it - but where has your assumption come from that Austin's Podcast should be only about wrestling? You're the one that made the assumption here - not Austin.

I doubt Scott Steiner knows what a Podcast is. I imagine him to be the kind of guy that still tapes Eastenders because he still doesn't know how to use Sky+ and refuses to learn.

Our very own Cleetus had a chat with Big Poppa Pump about DVD regions a few years back. I think Scotty had bought a load of DVDs over here and was upset to find he wouldn't be able to play them at home.

• Paid Members

enjoyed Hogan's podcast, i haven't really heard him tell his story before so it was a pretty interesting listen for me. He didn't strike me as a guy talking out of his arse.

Meltzer went through all the key points form the Jericho interview (Sin Limite Part 2 radio show, from yesterday) with Hogan and flagged pretty-much all of Hogan's stories as complete bullshit.

I know Meltzer also writes about pro wrestling as well, but it's not all he writes about.

I wish it was.

For someone who has supposedly been covering MMA since the mid-90's, he is still pretty dreadful with it - always (probably subconsciously) keying pro-wrestling terms in to his articles.

• Paid Members

enjoyed Hogan's podcast, i haven't really heard him tell his story before so it was a pretty interesting listen for me. He didn't strike me as a guy talking out of his arse.

Meltzer went through all the key points form the Jericho interview (Sin Limite Part 2 radio show, from yesterday) with Hogan and flagged pretty-much all of Hogan's stories as complete bullshit.

haha, nice. I'll check that out...maybe Hogan's told version of his story that many times he actually believes it now.

Not strictly wrestling but i listened to Jericho's podcast with Skid Row guitar player Snake Sabo and Stuck Mojo/Fozzy guitariest Rich Ward from just before New Year. The majority of it is about Skid Row (which was cool for me), but they tell some quality little wrestling stories at the end. Sabo knows his shit.

Anyone here this weeks Swerve with Vince Russo? He of course is over here in the UK at the mo and was at the Wrestle Talk studios for 2 days and wasn't happy at all with 'Ben' on the first day as the interview was more like an "interrogation".

EZ