UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin vs Le Discussion Thread

David

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

It's a yes from me as well. She's lovely.

But, considering they've only got one Chinese fighter on the actual card they couldn't get a fit Chinese ring girl? It really doesn't matter who holds the card of course but it's almost like Dana and co are saying "Well...Chinese, Korean they all look the same".

Oh and Joe Rogan's grappling buddy Hyun Gyu Lim is not fighting Marcelo Guimaraes anymore. He's now fighting this bad motherfucker...

700-mitchell.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
New octagon girl for what I'm assuming this show only, Korea's Kang Ye-bin (TV personality over there):

2012102400948_0.jpg

That's a yes from me...

Well, I'm torn here. She does look lovely and there is no way I would ever chuck her out of bed...

But, and this is a HUGE but for me, with that photo it has a shadow under her chin and with her face looking quite pale, it's reminding me of a film that terrifies me to my core....

EDIT...I've had to delete the pic of the grudge girl as I found myself shitting thyself when coming in this thread.

In fact, I literally felt ill looking at this photo.

• Paid Members
But, and this is a HUGE but for me, with that photo it has a shadow under her chin and with her face looking quite pale, it's reminding me of a film that terrifies me to my core....

Haha, try this one...

1407319798_DMVAg9xW_Gf3NP9SyfFWIUps.jpg

Back on the fights, I can't wait for Gomi vs Danzig myself. Big fan of Gomi but I've always liked Danzig as well. I rewatched Danzig vs Wiman 2 from one of the Versus shows last night and I forgot how great a fight it was. Gomi's not what he was but he still has some stuff in the basement as seen in his last fight and the Tyson Griffin KO. Could be a fun one, I'm leaning towards a Danzig submission late in the fight but who knows with Gomi's power.

Gomi-KOs-Tyson.gif

tumblr_mbnlspQSWi1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I could see this getting FOTN.

• Paid Members

Cutch posted this Dave...

Just checked ESPN's TV schedule and this wont be shown live, ESPN has it staring at 10pm and with the time difference it starts some time in the afternoon. I don't know if they will stream it on the UFC website but even if they do I will probably just watch the TV version and try and avoid the internet.

I can't check my EPG at the minute though. It should be listed on there now.

EDIT - Beaten to it.

• Paid Members

Dana video blog episode 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlACz-1yNbY...player_embedded

Nothing to really do with this card, it shows behind the scenes of UFC 153 in Brazil. But thought people would be interested.

Oh and I was wrong, it's not Hyun Gyu Lim that's pulled out, it's his original opponent Marcelo Guimaraes. It's now Hyun Gyu Lim vs David Mitchell.

Really looking forward to this now. It's pretty much a show that's gone under the radar but it's full of interesting match ups. Franklin vs Le is the kind of fight that can't be shit, they just have such fan friendly styles it's not possible. Franklin defo should win this but Cung Le's always a threat and he's southpaw which is something Franklin has had problems with in the past.

I expect Danzig vs Gomi to be great fun and I've got a good feeling about Kim vs Thiago. I think that's the sleeper on this card. Bruce Leeroy has been an MVP of the prelims ever since his stint on TUF so I'm expecting another good fight out of him. And I think Thiago Silva should batter Nedkov in what should at least be entertaining.

Can't wait.

EDIT - just watched that video blog now. Travis Browne came off as a bit of a cock I thought, going up to Joe Silva saying something like "he beat me on my worst day" or some shite. That's what happens when a 6ft7, 245lbs man tries to move like Dominick Cruz. No need to be trying to diminish Bigfoot's win. Phil Davis came off well though apologising to Prado for the eyepoke.

Loved the bit at the end with Dana and Big Nog. Nice to see Dana giving Nog some props like that.

• Paid Members

Rich Franklin (185) vs. Cung Le (186)

Stanislav Nedkov (203) vs. Thiago Silva (205)

Dong Hyum Kim (170.5) vs. Paulo Thiago (169.5)

Mac Danzig (155) vs. Takanori Gomi (155)

Jon Tuck (156) vs. Tiequan Zhang (155)

Jeff Hougland (135) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (135.5)

Alex Caceres (136) vs. Motonobu Tezuka (135.5)

John Lineker (126) vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani (125.5)

Tom DeBlass (185) vs. Riki Fukuda (186)

without a hitch

• Paid Members

Watching Dana's video blog, while it was great to see Dana gushing over Big Nog and Anderson, everything involving Bonnar just made me sad. Watching him preparing for the fight, then looking so dejected afterwards, it should have been really poignant, but now that his drug test failure has been released everything surrounding his last fight just feels tainted. It's a massive shame that's how he'll be remembered.

• Paid Members
Oh and I was wrong, it's not Hyun Gyu Lim that's pulled out, it's his original opponent Marcelo Guimaraes. It's now Hyun Gyu Lim vs David Mitchell.

Wrong again. Hyun Gyu Lim has been pulled off the card now by UFC's quacks. Apparently something to do with problems with the weight cut. I wondered why them two weren't at the weigh ins. Shame, I was looking forward to seeing Joe Rogan's arm slayer in action.

Watching Dana's video blog, while it was great to see Dana gushing over Big Nog and Anderson, everything involving Bonnar just made me sad. Watching him preparing for the fight, then looking so dejected afterwards, it should have been really poignant, but now that his drug test failure has been released everything surrounding his last fight just feels tainted. It's a massive shame that's how he'll be remembered.

Yeah I meant to touch on that. The footage of him backstage before the fight was tense viewing and seeing how gutted he was at the end of the video really showed what that fight meant to him. Which makes it all the more disappointing that he did what he did.

I think he did it more to aid him in cutting the weight than for cheating reasons (he already had a big size and strength advantage and only a few weeks prep time so how much benefit would it have given him to actually cheat in that short a time?) but steroids are steroids and he took them so it is still cheating.

It's shit. I've always been a Bonnar fan, even when everyone was taking the piss because he lost to Coleman I never abandoned ship. But for all the good he did in MMA, he's undone a lot of it with this. I actually think he'll end up fighting again when his suspension ends in 12 months. He can't want to leave on this note. If he comes back and has a couple of good fights to end his career on (Little Nog, maybe even Rampage or Forrest if they're around) and then hangs them up at least he won't be ending his career on such a negative.

• Paid Members

They've got 2 new ring girls for this show. Both nice but I like this one better than the one that scared Lamby..

jessica-cambensy.jpg

Here's the weigh in for anyone that watches that stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...;v=au4-bDEKZQo#!

And this is good, UFC 'In Focus'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhMTCRWlzfE...player_embedded

Kind of a Countdown episode thingy produced by FUEL for Franklin vs Le. They did a similar thing for Struve vs Miocic. It's really good. Give it a watch.

Archived