UFC On Fuel TV: Franklin vs Le Discussion Thread

David

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for this one. An overlooked part of the card has been Alex Caceres, I love that guy, he's been buried on the prelims for ages and had some belters, he was going to get a main card spot but had an opponent change. For the longest time Wiki said "Alex Caceres vs. TBA", haven't heard of the guy he's fighting now. Hopefully he gets a streak going, he's been ultra impressive at 135. Actually, he should be on a 3 fight win streak but Herb Dean kinda screwed him over in his fight with Edwin Figueroa. He delivered two groin strikes, and protocol is usually "warning for the first, point off for the second", but good ol' Herb must hate Bruce Leeroy, giving a warning for the first, and TWO points off for the second. Utter BS, and he lost by split decision, showing that despite the point deduction, Caceres won all three rounds for a 28-27 score, which is how I had it. Fuck Herb Dean.

Hard to believe it's been a month since UFC cards. When I saw the schedule I thought I'd be having serious withdrawals, but it's been nice after that stretch of 4 in 4 weeks. Catching WSOF last week probably helped as well.

• Paid Members

I agree Shane, I've said similar about Caceres in this thread. He has been a highlight of every card he's been on since TUF. As well as the Figueroa fight, his fights with Jimy Hettes and Damacio Page were excellent as well.

Thanks Metal for the info on times. Works out perfect for me. I'll watch the whole thing live then have a few hours free before I go out for my sister's 21st.

• Paid Members

***Obvious SPOILERS ahead*****

Well the southpaw curse continues for Rich Franklin. I've been saying it for ages that lefty's are Franklin's kyptonite.

Franklin vs Le should be a good one. I'm also expecting a Franklin win but it should be an exciting fight while it lasts. You never know, Franklin does get caught a fair bit and especially against southpaws.He should win though. I think he's got the better gastank and should put Le away around the 3rd I reckon.

Franklin defo should win this but Cung Le's always a threat and he's southpaw which is something Franklin has had problems with in the past.

Huge win for Le, he's the only man other than Anderson Silva to beat Franklin at 185 so very good for his resume. He didn't even have to use his kicks. Bit of an Indian Summer for Cung, I don't see him as serious title challenger but he's up there in the mix now.

I really wish I'd put a bet on Le now. I picked Franklin in the prediction league but I've always had that uneasy feeling when Franklin fights a lefty that he's always inches away from getting clipped.

It should go without saying that posts from now are spoilers, yeah? Surprised the topic title doesn't include *SPOILERS*, usually does, right? Anyway...

Holy shit what a KO! Incredible highlight for Cung Le.

I went 3-3 on the main card, 5-4 overall, but as far as the main event goes, very glad to be wrong. Le was the sentimental favourite, but I thought the smart money was with Franklin. So with only one option in both categories, no prizes for guessing KOTN and SOTN. I think Gomi vs. Danzig comfortably gets FOTN, but there were some very good fights from start to finish. I really enjoyed Caceres' fight and Zhang vs. Tuck in particular.

Archived