The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Awards Moderator
577130_223685221067438_100002778845978_265013_836273918_n.jpg

I had to chuckle at the caption, it's the kind of thing i'd expect to see on a Youtube comment.

Is Lanny wearing a suit of armour there? What's the story/gimmick behind that?

I don't know, but if his catchphrase wasn't something about "getting medievel on your ass" they missed a trick.

edit - the jousting thingy is called a lance, right?

It is called a lance, yes! I did a load of research on armour for work last month, but the idea of a wrestler with a knight gimmick or outfit never crossed my mind. There's a lot of potential in the idea if Lanny didn't go all the way with it.

• Paid Members

He wore the knight outfit when he was doing the Sir Lanny Poffo gimmick before he came to the WWF. Here's a great clip of it:

When he got to the WWF he wore it for his poems on Saturday Nights Main Events. He then wore the suit in a load of battle royal for comedy value.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
He wore the knight outfit when he was doing the Sir Lanny Poffo gimmick before he came to the WWF. He's a great clip of it:

When he got to the WWF he wore it for his poems on Saturday Nights Main Events. He then wore the suit in a load of battle royal for comedy value.

Was just about to post the same thing. There's a WWF Bunkhouse Battle Royal from the Boston Garden where Lanny wore the Knight Suit, helmet included. King Kong Bundy also takes part in that match wearing a bowling shirt.

• Awards Moderator
He wore the knight outfit when he was doing the Sir Lanny Poffo gimmick before he came to the WWF. He's a great clip of it:

Was just about to post the same thing. There's a WWF Bunkhouse Battle Royal from the Boston Garden where Lanny wore the Knight Suit, helmet included. King Kong Bundy also takes part in that match wearing a bowling shirt.

Brilliant, thanks both. Will be looking up that battle royal too, if I can find it. New favourite wrestler!