Preston City Wrestling - Fright Night - 53 Degrees Preston

fludder99

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was mental... A monumental gridlock on the M60 stopped us from getting there until well into the second match. Completely missed the Dave Rayne V Ligero match. Gutting seeing as we'd impulse bought an ironing board from a discount store on the way. Fortunately it got some use.

Partial results...

Damon Leigh pinned the Nordic Warrior with a splash mountain. Never ceases to amaze me when I see him hit that on some seriously big guys.

The MOB beat The Models when Roughneck pinned Joey Hayes after their finishing move, the name of which is not known to me. MOB came out in costume,

Roughneck as Ric Flair and Myatt as Steve Austin. The Models had matching skeleton onesies.

Bubblegum beat Mad Man Manson in a casket match after a mysterious intruder dressed as Spiderman powerbombed Manson. This was great fun.

Kay Lee Ray pinned Carmel Jacob in a hellacious no-dq match after an ironing board assisted swanton bomb. Who left that lying around?

Kris Travis beat T-Bone in a wild falls count anywhere streetfight to retain the PCW championship. This went all over the club, behind the bar, out the fire escape and all around ringside. All manner of weapons came into play including a trash can, a crutch and my mate, fellow comic Sully O'Sullivan, who I can assure was NOT a plant. Sully was bodyslammed on Travis by T-Bone at ringside. You don't get that at the MEN. Barbed wire, thumbtacks and a couple of barbed wire boards came into play. Travis put T-Bone away with a uranage onto the tacks to end a brutal, gripping bout that left both men bleeding.

My first night at PCW. A great show. Also have a couple of friends that are now committed fans. Success all round methinks.

Well, that was mental... A monumental gridlock on the M60 stopped us from getting there until well into the second match. Completely missed the Dave Rayne V Ligero match. Gutting seeing as we'd impulse bought an ironing board from a discount store on the way. Fortunately it got some use.

Partial results...

Damon Leigh pinned the Nordic Warrior with a splash mountain. Never ceases to amaze me when I see him hit that on some seriously big guys.

The MOB beat The Models when Roughneck pinned Joey Hayes after their finishing move, the name of which is not known to me. MOB came out in costume,

Roughneck as Ric Flair and Myatt as Steve Austin. The Models had matching skeleton onesies.

Bubblegum beat Mad Man Manson in a casket match after a mysterious intruder dressed as Spiderman powerbombed Manson. This was great fun.

Kay Lee Ray pinned Carmel Jacob in a hellacious no-dq match after an ironing board assisted swanton bomb. Who left that lying around?

Kris Travis beat T-Bone in a wild falls count anywhere streetfight to retain the PCW championship. This went all over the club, behind the bar, out the fire escape and all around ringside. All manner of weapons came into play including a trash can, a crutch and my mate, fellow comic Sully O'Sullivan, who I can assure was NOT a plant. Sully was bodyslammed on Travis by T-Bone at ringside. You don't get that at the MEN. Barbed wire, thumbtacks and a couple of barbed wire boards came into play. Travis put T-Bone away with a uranage onto the tacks to end a brutal, gripping bout that left both men bleeding.

My first night at PCW. A great show. Also have a couple of friends that are now committed fans. Success all round methinks.

Just to add the results from the first two matches

Dave Rayne beat El Ligero in the Fans Bring the Weapons "Cruiserweight" match

CJ Banks beat Babyfaced Pitbull

Finally alive, after not being very well at all day, not hangover, more lurgi related :( I'm still dizzy cannot be doing with it!

Show was good the wrestling was shit hot all the way through, really enjoyed seeing some of the PCW first timers come out to play and show off their muscle. Pints and weapons were grabbed when wrestlers came a brawling which was good

Kay Lee and Carmel continue to beat the living bejesus out of each other, which is good. Not a massive fan of women's wrestling and it still sits a bit uneasy with me. But bloody hell a fantastic effort all around, especially stuff of the bar and all over the shop

Dave Rayne vs Ligero was cracking and a great way to start off the night. I liked Ligero in Black and Dave is now ploughing through the Cruiserweight division picking up wins all over the shop. Still reckon they should weigh him before each match though :) Wombles Rock!

The Mob Match was great fun loved Ruffneck as Ric Flair, was brilliant

Nordic Warrior vs DDL was good, no one was buying the Huss chants mind :/

Trav vs T-Bone was epically awesome and brutal, staples to the head. I'd like to see these two go at it again, not quite as good as Trav vs Lionheart, but was probably 2nd best match of the night after the Kay Lee Ray and Carmel match

Manson and Bubblegum was great fun, really liked it and these two never fail to amuse. T-Bonederman? came out and assisted Bubblegum for the win

CJ Banks vs Baby Face Pitbull was also great CJ like Kirby sometimes get's a bit lost at PCW because the shows are so stacked but is still very good and would like to see him pushed more. Him and Bubblegum and Dave Rayne, possibly Joey/Kirby would make a cool stable being Anti Imports, just a thought mind.

The venue was not good though. Yes it's big, but not much of an atmosphere, the standing didn't give great views of the action down below and despite being near to the hard camera was impossible to see everything in front of us in the pit without moving, and was difficult to see the wrestlers in the bottom left corner, especially Mario/Luigi getting slammed. Some of the chants like Richie Freebird has mentioned were a bit off and the whole thing felt a bit flat despite some cracking action that would have been lapped up at Lava.

Week tomorrow and get to doall over again, huzzah!

Archived