Smackdown Spoilers

Big Rob

Very Daniel Bryan & Kane heavy show...

The show opened with a surprise appearence by Edge, there to promote "Haven" which airs after Smackdown. The crowd went nuts for him and he talked about how much he misses wrestling. He then showed a video of Daniel Bryan & Kane arguing and hugging. Edge was talking about it until Bryan came out. Bryan said he was there to correct Edge, that "We are not the tag team champions, I am the tag team champions." He kept saying "I'm the tag team champions" until Edge got tired of it. Crowd was going crazy with "Yes" chants while this was going on. They argued, bringing up Vickie Guerrero among other things, before Bryan told Edge to go back to acting. They continued to argue until Kane came out. Kane said both were wrong because "I'm the tag team champions." Kane and Bryan started arguing until Edge got tired of it. Edge was losing his cool. Kane brought up that Edge may need Dr. Shelby. Edge talked about the Kane he used to wrestle (please don't remind me of that horrible feud those two had). Kane said he needs to make amends for that and wanted to hug Edge. They hugged and Bryan started screaming at them. Edge told Bryan to make it a group hug. Before Bryan could join in, out came Damien Sandow. Sandow was annoying Edge. It all led to Kane vs. Sandow next.

Damien Sandow b Kane with a neckbreaker. Bryan held both belts up in the air and distracted Kane.

Kane was going crazy backstage looking for Bryan. Dr. Shelby was there again and told Kane to calm down. Kane vowed to rip the beard off Bryan's goat face if Bryan doesn't give him bnack his title. Bryan showed up and they were arguing some more. Shelby told them to share the titles.

Alberto Del Rio was complaining to Booker T about reinstating the Brogue kick right before his match with Sheamus at Night of Champions. Booker said he did understand where Del Rio was coming from and told him if he could win tonight in his tag team match, he could get another title shot.

Layla b Natlaya in one minute. Eve was on commentary.

Sheamus & Randy Orton b Dolph Ziggler & Alberto Del Rio. Sheamus pinned Ziggler after the Brogue kick. Orton hit the RKO on Del Rio as well.

Cody Rhodes b Daniel Bryan. Bryan had the No lock on when Kane's pyro went off. Bryan was distracted and Rhodes used Crossroads and pinned him.

Bryan went backstage looking for Kane. He found Kane who said he had no idea what happened. Bryan talked bout the pyro going off in the middle of his match. They argued which wound up with Rhodes and Sandow watching and making fun of them. This led to the announcement of Kane & Bryan vs. Sandow & Rhodes in a lumberjack match.

Brodus Clay b Heath Slater via DQ due to interference of Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre

Santino Marella b Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match. Cesaro had Marella beat when Aksana tripped and hurt her leg. This distracted Cesaro and Marella pinned him. Cesaro then broke up with Aksana in five different languages.

Kane & Daniel Brywn b Sandow & Rhodes via DQ. Kane hit the choke slam on Sandow but Rhodes hit Kane with a chair for the DQ. Kane & Bryan worked together with chair shots on both men after the match. Kane & Bryan then gave chair shots to the lumberjacks as well.

Looks like a fun show. D-Bry and Kane have been great recently so their antics should be a good laugh. Surprised Sheamus pinned Ziggler.....NOT. How many more times must Ziggler and Del Rio lose to Sheamus, Orton or a combo of them? It's not like they have loads of challengers lined up, and since it's a throwaway tv match would it really hurt to give the heels a win? Would actually make them look like they might have a 0.01% chance of winning at the next ppv they fight on. But NO. The same bland, predictable booking. No wonder it's met with so much apathy at times.

On a side note, its good to see Drew get 30 secs of tv time again. :)

Edge! Awesome. That's the type of appearance normally reserved for Raw, if they did that kind of thing on Smackdown more often, it could boost ratings and give the two brands a little parity.

Looks like a good show. Bryan and Kane are the best thing going at the moment so I've got no problem with WWE basing a show around them.

Cesaro and Aksana were a good couple, surprised to see them split so quickly, maybe a disciplinary action for Aksana?

• Paid Members

As fun as Kane & Bryan are, this is why anything that catches on in WWE is old within 2 weeks. They have to rape anything interesting to within an inch of it's life as quickly as possible. There are about 3 weeks worth of developments on the one show. Unfortuantely, if they let it play out properly, they'd have to find something to fill the time and there isn't anything.

Thank fuck Del Rio lost.

As fun as Kane & Bryan are, this is why anything that catches on in WWE is old within 2 weeks. They have to rape anything interesting to within an inch of it's life as quickly as possible. There are about 3 weeks worth of developments on the one show. Unfortuantely, if they let it play out properly, they'd have to find something to fill the time and there isn't anything.

Thank fuck Del Rio lost.

I pretty much agree with everything in this post.

Santino Marella b Antonio Cesaro in a non-title match. Cesaro had Marella beat when Aksana tripped and hurt her leg. This distracted Cesaro and Marella pinned him. Cesaro then broke up with Aksana in five different languages.

That's class.

Really enjoyed the show apart from Sheamus and Del Rio obviously.

Edge!!! Bless him. Even though they were all over it, Kane and Daniel Bryan were fantastic, im sure the overkill will come in the next few weeks but im still enjoying them and now that they are potentially on the same page it could spell trouble for the Tag Team Division. Tell you what it must have been a long, long time since the Tag Champs have main evented a show? (could be wrong on that)

Im starting to like Antonio Cesaro more and more, he seems to get more of a reaction these days so its all good, he'd probably be better if he lost Askana as well.

Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal and Heath Slater beating down Brodus Clay was very cool. It'll probably go nowhere and Brodus will beat all 3 in a squash but it was a good segment and maybe they can make Drew relevant again.

• Paid Members

:laugh:

I really like Cesaro, he's doing pretty well so far although he doesn't really seem to be getting over that much.

I liked the Kane and Bryan stuff, and it was nice to see Edge back.

The guys attacking Brodus seemed like a Smack down vs Raw game storyline.

Santino vs Cesaro was good fun too, Santino is the best midcarder.

I can't believe they did another Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio, Ziggler tag match. If the goal is to make all four men seem eminently boring and miss able, fair play.

I can't believe they did another Sheamus, Orton, Del Rio, Ziggler tag match. If the goal is to make all four men seem eminently boring and miss able, fair play.

What an idiot!

• Paid Members

What an idiot!

This from the troll turd who wrongly claimed that Lawler nearly carking it was an angle. Enjoy your ban, cocksucker.

Here's betting he can speak by then and if he hasn't returned to the announce booth he has at least released a statement thanking fans for well wishes and promising to kick CM Punk's butt in the not too distant future.

Challenge accepted. If it's not an angle by Monday, you get banned. If it is an angle, you can have a prize.

One of the best episodes of Smackdown I've seen. I too have concerns that D-Bry and Kane will be ruined but to be fair, they haven't put a foot wrong with Brian and things have been kept fresh and they've been progressing nicely at every turn. This duo is one of the most entertaining things they've put on for years, they carried the entire episode and it was great to see the Tag Team Champions headline a show. They're treading a very interesting line just now and at the moment, I can't get enough of these two.

I fast forwarded the ADR/Sheamus/Orton/Ziggler bore-a-thon. Turgid shite that went stale a long time.

I liked the 3 man band, maybe i'm just a sucker for a good stable but i'd like to see more of these 3. The fact that they beat the shit out of my most hated is a bonus.

All in all a good show, mostly because of the outstanding Tag Team Champions. I very nearly fell out my chair when he popped up out that case, absolutely magical.

Archived