TNA No Surrender 2012 OFFICAL DISCUSSION

wrestlingmad

I'm actually quite looking forward to this PPV tonight, I've been thinking about it throughout the day whilst at work and that only usually happens when I'm looking forward to a WWE PPV. The whole Aces and Eights story really is grabbing my interest and the finals of the Bound For Glory Tournament is really making me want to see this. I agree with Ian that the Aries vs Aces and Eights member must be more than just what has been going on in the last few weeks, if it's a rehash of the last few weeks ending in a brawl then I will feel disappointed, for me it must be the beginning of the next phase of this whole story. We need to be finding out who Aces and Eights are, or at least have some good clues, or maybe have something interesting occur between Aries or one of the other wrestlers and Aces and Eights, maybe have Aries lose the Title to someone in a shocker. But yeah it's definetly a good point that I am so interested in seeing a TNA PPV as I haven't had this much interest in a TNA PPV for quite a long time.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Then Aces and Eights turn around and say "you can have a match with one of our guys if you put the belt on the line". Since he's desperate for revenge, Aries agrees. Then Aries wrestles a masked man who wins the belt and unmasks as Bobby Roode or something.

That is the sort of original out of the box story telling that seems to be missing from wrestling these days. If this happens it will of been a genius move by tna as it would of helped keep the bfgs winner more unpredictable. Good arrows!

• Moderators
as i guess this is where to talk about it live including the spoilers... Jeff Hardy Vs Bully in the final, Roode cheated Storm out of it... bit predictable at the minute but Bully to win the final if anything

There's nowhere on the forum to talk about it live. Live discussion is banned on the UKFF as it's invariably shit. Live discussion is instead encouraged in the chat room, although it probably won't actually be getting discussed in there.

Jeff Hardy is an unusual and unexpected choice for a winner. At least all the whiners who (not necessarily on the ukff, but elsewhere) said the series was "predictable" will have been shut up.

Mind you looking at it logically you have a great little redemption story here. Jeff betrayed his fans, his colleagues and himself last year, and now he has the opportunity to change his life for the better. Meanwhile you have Aries who doesn't want to be Hardy's stepping stone. In many ways he's the opposite... Tireless years of hardwood and dedication has led him to the belt, and he ain't letting it go for anyone... Especially some fallen hero.

Should be a cracking match. Though saying that... Poor Bully :(

• Paid Members

Crowd killed a load of matches on this PPV. There wasn't a bad match on the show, but the crowd wasn't into most of it. Especially the main event. I suppose the right man won in the end. You needed Hardy in the main event, since he's their biggest star, so Aries vs Hardy is probably the best match they have on the cards at the minute. Match of the night was again AJ and Angle vs Daniels and Kaz. Angle was visibly in agony. He limped all night. Yet he was amazing. He put a ridiculous performance in for someone who could barely walk. I've no doubt he's either not going to make 60 and if he does, he'll probably be a cripple, but the bloke has some bollocks on him. No idea how he does it. If this was in a real building it would have been a MOTY candidate, but they didn't really take it up a level like the Slammiversary match. Still cracking, though.

It was a decent show. Just canny flat, thats all. Next month should be awesome.

• Paid Members

Does anyone else think that the Aces & Eights angle can only end in a bit of a let down? I mean who can they really reveal that would stop you in your tracks and go WOW, never saw that coming?!! I assume that Chris Master's will be one of them, along with Luke Gallows as the Armbreaker, thus yet another former WWE mid carder who joins TNA. Or do they have some way of turning this into a nWo style reveal?

I think Hardy Aries is a good point from an attraction stand point with how popular Jeff is. The only other choice I would have made was Angle or a 3 way with AJ. However with Angle injured Hardy Aries I think is more of a draw.

I expect the aces and eights angle to have the big reveal at BFG now was expecting it tonight so a match of some sorts could be set for the next PPV, I certainly think it has gone on maybe a month too long now with no real updates or reveals. The Wes Brisco thing was months ago now so has been a tad forgotten, he should have been revealed as a member to keep it going then been the voice of the group for a bit in my opinion

Anyway you look at it Aries vs Hardy is a dream match so I wouldnt mind that.

Well, cant complain about that! Along with Storm vs Roode Bound For Glory already looks great.

Everything was really good, Joe vs Hardy was fantastic. Roode costing Storm was obvious but why not, its gonna be a big bloody mess and Storm will get the win and he'll eventually go on to win the World Heavyweight Title.

Angle hobbling down to fight the Aces and Eights was unintentionally hilarious. The man is an absolute hero, what a shift, such dedication.

Im getting the feeling that there aint gonna be an Aces and Eights reveal until BFG now.

How fucking amazing was Bully Rays promo before the final? it was magic. Bully Rays time with the gold is coming, I can feel it, just not right now.

I really enjoyed the show. Its the same complaint as always that it happened in the Impact Zone and like most other ppvs it would actually be kinda special if it was in an arena but ah well.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the show, but a few things felt stale to me.

The Aries/Armbreaker should have had an unmasking. The crowd were hot for it and having another situation where they run off just wasn't that good for me. It was also disappointing to see nothing happen after the whole lockdown thing.

Bully/Jeff was a shit match. No doubt the crowd were into it, but it was like a bad Kurt Angle match. Just finisher after finisher after finisher until one of them doesn't kick out. A slow beat down on Jeff followed by a fucking load of finishers. Made both guy's moves look weak if you ask me.

Those are just nitpicks though. I did enjoy the PPV as a whole and it would take much longer to name the stuff I enjoyed.

• Paid Members
No doubt the crowd were into it

I thought the crowd were completely dead for it. The pre-match stuff seemed to just kill them. It seemed like a good 15 minutes before the match kicked off.

I didn't get why they went to all the trouble of bringing the police in and having this running storyline where the cops were patrolling the building all night, only for them to actually do a very good job and keep the Aces and Eights away from the building. I was expecting them showing up and never got it. I think the fans were as well.

• Paid Members

Batista, so my sources tell me.

Does anyone else think that the Aces & Eights angle can only end in a bit of a let down? I mean who can they really reveal that would stop you in your tracks and go WOW, never saw that coming?!! I assume that Chris Master's will be one of them, along with Luke Gallows as the Armbreaker, thus yet another former WWE mid carder who joins TNA. Or do they have some way of turning this into a nWo style reveal?

Archived