TNA No Surrender 2012 OFFICAL DISCUSSION

wrestlingmad

They did hype Batista on the MMA show they air after Impact so its not entirely illogical. It'd be a nice shock, better than Knox/Gallows.

Out of all the Aces & 8's, the shorter one with the curly blond hair is bugging me. His face is the most exposed and there's enough features to figure out who it is, but my mind is totally blank.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the PPV as a whole, the crowd was shite and I couldnt help but think roll on BFG so we get an actual arena. The arena PPV's are always better, especially BFG this year which is shaping very nicely!. They should had unmasked 'armbreaker' theres 8 or more of them and we're yet to see any revealings at all, I can see them waiting for the PPV now and unmask them all after Hogan's beat all there asses. Bully Ray's promo before the main event was magical, the guy is money. 2013 is the year he wins the big one, looking forward to it. I was expecting Bobby Roode to turn up somewhere, nice backstage altercation too, I'm more than happy with these guys going at it next month again. By the end Hardy was the right guy to win, although it should be interesting to see who the crowd favors in Phoenix, also this hopefully means Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park III could be taking place, or should I say Abyss?

Here's my prediction card for Bound For Glory running off that PPV:

TNA Heavyweight Championship:

Jeff Hardy vs. Austin Aries

No Disqualification: (or similar gimmick match)

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm

Ultimate-X Match for the TNA Tag Team Championships:

Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. Daniels & Kazarian

10-Man Tag Anything Goes War:

Hulk Hogan, Sting, RVD, Mr.Anderson & Samoa Joe vs. Aces & Eights

Monsters Ball:

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park/Abyss

TNA X-Divison Championship:

Zema Ion vs. Jesse Sorenson

TNA Knockouts Championship:

Couldn't care

Kid Kash w/Gunner vs. Chavo Guerrero w/Hernandez

• Paid Members
Ultimate-X Match for the TNA Tag Team Championships:

Kurt Angle & AJ Styles vs. Daniels & Kazarian

Angle in Ultimate X the state he's in right now? No fucking chance.

Really Enjoyed that PPV, solid, fun and had storyline progression. Bully Ray is just awesome and the whole thing was great.

So they didnt unmask, they clearly have something in mind for BFG or something and the slow burn well, at least for modern wrestling is a nice change

• Paid Members
Really Enjoyed that PPV, solid, fun and had storyline progression. Bully Ray is just awesome and the whole thing was great.

So they didnt unmask, they clearly have something in mind for BFG or something and the slow burn well, at least for modern wrestling is a nice change

I agree. You can always re-educate fans now as it's hardly the Attitude era any more and there's hardly a casual fanbase.

I thought it was a good PPV. It would have been a really good PPV if the crowd had been even halfway decent; seriously, that had to be the worst group of witless mouth-breathing twonks ever assembled. They seemed to have two modes: silent, and inane chanting. Biggest idiot of the night goes to the smark who shouted "You suck Gallows!" at Mike Knox.

Best match was AJ/Angle Vs. Daniels/Kaz, obviously. A one-legged Kurt Angle is still better than just about everyone. Daniels cut probably the best promo of his career too. Hopefully another rematch next month, maybe with a fun stipulation added.

I was shocked that Hardy won the BFG Series, and him versus Aires should be one hell of a match. Good for Jeff, considering the state he was in last year he's done fantastically well this year.

• Paid Members

I think that's the crux of why they've gone in this direction, actually. It's gotta be a reward to Jeff for cleaning his act up. Because he was fucked. To win the crowd back to the point that he has after appearing on PPV in a state like he did at Victory Road last year is quite something. He'll always have that bit of x-factor with the crowd, and in the Impact Zone that can put you a cut above, so the more I think about it, the more this seems like a really good call. Certainly more viable than Storm, anyway.

I'm really enjoying how they're slowly dropping massive clues for nerds like us that it's definitely Bully Ray in Aces & Eights, but they've kept it open ended enough to be a double bluff. The design tonight was great - he 'chases them off' after they've already hurt his opponent, exactly like they did when they broke Aries' hand. But his big plan hasn't worked, Jeff won, so he's going to go further out of his way to get TNA guys fucked up to get him back near the belt.

For BFG, I predict they book either Hogan, Sting, Angle and AJ vs A&8s and Bully unmasks on the go home Impact, or Bully's on the face team and turns on the night. The web seems to be turning on Aces and Eights, but I love the way they've used Bully with it, and you could still theoretically chuck Joe in too. The reveal won't flop, I'm sure of it. They've had this angle as a flowchart on the whiteboard from the start I think.

Loved it. Great story to end the BFG series. TNA's MVP is Bully Ray. Can't wait to see Bound For Glory via a download on Monday 15th October. Won't be able to wait till it airs on Challenge TV in the UK on Wednesday the 17th October.

Archived