2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

I'm sticking with the junior fitba for another season, but I'm going to try and make a few senior games now and then as well. Going to the Killie vs Bristol City friendly on Monday (first City game for me in over 4 years!)

I was thinking of taking in the Motherwell - Panathinaikos game but I'm right busy that week and I've heard tickets are expensive, so I think I'll give it a miss.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Jesus just let it go you sad bastard, what exactly do you expect Rangers to do? All you do is post about Rangers, even the Celtic fans are alright, you're just a sad prick

I'm quite confident for the coming season. We are one of the few teams that have strengthened over the Summer. Adding McGinn and Hayes to the squad is a huge boost.

Perhaps another defender is needed but I see no reason why we shouldn't be pushing for 2nd place to get the honour of being knocked out in the Champions League preliminary round.

I just think that for Aberdeen with Hayes & McGinn added to the signings from the tail end of last season (Rae and Hughes) there is no reason why we shouldn't be up there pushing for 2nd place.

We got Dnipro a few seasons back and with a slice of luck got through to the group stages (and more). Motherwell surely could manage similar?

Yes.........all I do is talk about Rangers. What I would expect is for the clubs official website not to report it as if it was a pre-season game against Real Madrid.

You've got a problem with me because I don't like Liverpool FC - I get it. It's not the first time you've had a pop at me.

Now fuck off out of here you bin-dipping, grief merchant cunt.

• Paid Members
St Johnstone got knocked out of the Europa League tonight after only managing a 1-1 draw with EskiÅŸehirspor. Quite a credible result for Saints I would say.

Yep. Undefeated in 6 home European games though.

In truth they were dead and buried after the first leg though.

Hopefully some of their fans that turned out tonight will keep supporting them throughout the season.

Jesus just let it go you sad bastard, what exactly do you expect Rangers to do? All you do is post about Rangers, even the Celtic fans are alright, you're just a sad prick

I'm quite confident for the coming season. We are one of the few teams that have strengthened over the Summer. Adding McGinn and Hayes to the squad is a huge boost.

Perhaps another defender is needed but I see no reason why we shouldn't be pushing for 2nd place to get the honour of being knocked out in the Champions League preliminary round.

I just think that for Aberdeen with Hayes & McGinn added to the signings from the tail end of last season (Rae and Hughes) there is no reason why we shouldn't be up there pushing for 2nd place.

We got Dnipro a few seasons back and with a slice of luck got through to the group stages (and more). Motherwell surely could manage similar?

Yes.........all I do is talk about Rangers. What I would expect is for the clubs official website not to report it as if it was a pre-season game against Real Madrid.

You've got a problem with me because I don't like Liverpool FC - I get it. It's not the first time you've had a pop at me.

Now fuck off out of here you bin-dipping, grief merchant cunt.

I imagine a lot of people on here don't like Liverpool, they don't all have some relentless fixation on slagging Rangers off though

If you must know I've always had a soft spot for Rangers for some reason and a good friend of mine is/was a season ticket holder who amazingly is actually quite sensible about everything that's going on, hence why it does my head in to see a fan of some shithouse club mocking them for wearing bibs in training

• Paid Members

Venkman should be banned from posting about football. I can't remember a post of his in football topics that didn't make him seem like an utter twat-waffle.

It's what's called making light of a situation.

Sure it was a bit OTT, but, hey, we're in a shitty situation, lets try and make light of it.

It appears that the impending doom of Scottish football falling apart with no television deal isn't quite as bad as the media were telling us;

Contracts will be signed with Sky and ESPN to show 65 matches per season from the Scottish Premier League and Irn-Bru Third Division if Rangers newco's Scottish Football Association membership is approved later today.

Sky will have the rights to 30 games, starting with Celtic versus Aberdeen at Parkhead next Saturday lunchtime, then Rangers newco's opening third division encounter at Peterhead on August 11. ESPN would have 35 live games and the first would be Dundee United versus Hibernian on Sunday, August 5.

Herald Sport understands that a deal involving the SPL, Scottish Football League and the two broadcasters

It appears that the impending doom of Scottish football falling apart with no television deal isn't quite as bad as the media were telling us;

Though, funny how Rangers had to be a part of it eh?

Think the SPL deal and the SFL deal should be seperate. Regardless of who is involved.

Major cup upset as third division Rangers knock out second division Brechin City, winning 2-1 after extra time in the Ramsdens Cup ;)

I really didn't expect to have any interest in this newco business but actually there's something quite nice about the fact that this club is being made to start from the bottom up. It also was refreshing to see how well Brechin did - many seem to assume that The Rangers will just leap up the leagues in successive years but today shows it could be anything but. Ironically Brechin's goal came because of a mistake by Dorin Goian - he of Euro 2008 fame!

Weird thing about Newco is the amount that has to be going out in wages. How is that in any way sustainable? When Livi went down there, there was talk that you could walk through the bottom two divisions with a

Archived