2012/2013 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two quotes from the weekend that are unlikely to help Rangers in the eyes of every other fan in the land.

"We're ready with a strong balance sheet and a squad that can play at almost any level," insisted the chairman, Malcolm Murray.

Green said: "We've not got the debt that any of these clubs have. And, on the last day of the season, I would really enjoy some clever financial analyst looking at the balance sheets and debt-to-equity ratio of every club in Scotland."

Strong balance sheet and no debt? Wonder why that is?

New club, same old scum.

526463_391017040953907_82238908_n.jpg

I watched a bit of the game on BBC Alba yesterday. I don't see how the day can be viewed as anything other than a deeply humiliating experience for the newco and its fans. I saw guys on Facebook yesterday talking about the performance positively and that Ian Black 'looks like he has been a Ger for years' (:laugh:). Well, the shoe fits.

From that to the incessant bile from the travelling support, Charles Green applauding "if you hate Stewart Regan clap your hands", McCoist and the blue van, the ball getting stuck in a hedge, celebrating like gypos over an AET victory Brechin, the misspelt banner made with crayons and felt tips - then where do you go with those post-match comments about their finances?

They are a joke of an outfit from top to bottom. It looks like Green has noticed how easy it is to get that mob onside.

We did well considering that was our first bit of competitive football this season. it was a difficult game to watch, but, we got through it.

Once we get a few games on the go, and get some players, I've got faith we'll do OK... It's not going to be easy, not by a long shot. Especially as lots of lower league sides will be gunning for us, as taking the Rangers scalp will be a big thing.

Anyway, was glad to just get a game on the go, after lots and lots of wrangling.

Don't agree with the banners, but had to laugh at Green allegedly applauding "if you hate Stewart Regan". To quote a retweet from an old well known friend, the SPL/SFA is a "corrupt, backwater league", and I hope that the shortcomings of Regan and Doncaster's terrible handling of all this mess heralds a new beginning for Scottish Football. I'm glad that the mess is to some extent over, and I look forward to moving on from it.

New club, same old scum.

526463_391017040953907_82238908_n.jpg

I watched a bit of the game on BBC Alba yesterday. I don't see how the day can be viewed as anything other than a deeply humiliating experience for the newco and its fans. I saw guys on Facebook yesterday talking about the performance positively and that Ian Black 'looks like he has been a Ger for years' (:laugh:). Well, the shoe fits.

From that to the incessant bile from the travelling support, Charles Green applauding "if you hate Stewart Regan clap your hands", McCoist and the blue van, the ball getting stuck in a hedge, celebrating like gypos over an AET victory Brechin, the misspelt banner made with crayons and felt tips - then where do you go with those post-match comments about their finances?

They are a joke of an outfit from top to bottom. It looks like Green has noticed how easy it is to get that mob onside.

I wasn't humilated, I was just glad to get back to football after the last few months. It was a strange experience standing watching Rangers in a ground like that in the pishing rain but I'm just happy we're still here to play football. Take the bad with the good eh? At least I know I'll never be as fucking bitter about your club as you are with mine.

Also, fuck Charles Green.

This weekend past was particularly mental for obnoxious, arrogant and absurd Sevco ramblings, so much so that even the cheeky chappy's delusional rant has been put well in the shade by chico and this Malcolm fella. They know how to appeal to the hordes, that's for sure.

Green did provide yet more welcome clarity though;

I wasn't party to the previous club.

They still seem to reckon they'll be back in the top flight next year too.

• Paid Members

Green seems a bit of a patsy if you ask me. He doesn't look like he's leading anything. It's the scary people behind him feeding him shite that people need to worry about.

Wouldn't be surprised if Whyte has his nose in there somewhere too.

Archived