Honeymoon ideas.

Murtz

We're looking at an all-inclusive Nile cruise for our honeymoon next year. Depending on budget, maybe topped off with a few days to a week in one of the Egyptian resorts.

Personally I'd love to see some of the historical cities like Istanbul, Jerusalem and do a cruise down the Adriatic and the Eastern Med.

• Paid Members

I have to thoroughly endorse the suggestions of Egypt.

Weather - check

Relaxation - check

Wonderful sights and experiences - check

A fraction of the cost of the Caribbean and a perfect blend of relaxation and memorable experiences to last a lifetime.

Accomodation for a week set us back in the region of

My honeymoon was a disaster. Was all booked to go to New Hampshire in the USA, stay in a log cabin by the lake in the countryside...then I lost my passport a few days before the wedding. To recoup a small amount of money I had to cancel the honeymoon. My new passport arrived a few days after the wedding and we booked in last minute holiday to majorca, on an 'allocation on arrival' deal. We ended up in magaluf in an 18 to 30 hotel. It was awful. And to make things worse, I hired a speedboat out and crashed it into rocks! I don't think my soon to be ex wife ever forgave me if i'm honest.

We honeymooned at the Grand Anse beach in Grenada. Was awesome, especially an excurssion to Tobago Cays.

It's all not too developed and has an aboslutely stunning beach if that's your thing.

We stayed at Coyaba Beach Resort on AI and would recommend.

I got married May 2007. We done the following:

LA - 3 Nights

Palm Springs - 3 nights

Las Vegas - 3 Nights

Death Valley - 1 night

Mammoth Mountains - 1 night

Yosemite - 1 Night

San Francisco - 3 nights

We self drove the whole thing. It was amazing. I would do it all again tomorrow if I could.

• Paid Members
Do you have kids?

I've never quite understood the idea of going to Disneyworld if you don't have kids / are a child yourself.

Have you been before Chest? I'd recommend DisneyWorld (proper DisneyWorld) to anyone regardless of their age or whether they have kids. It's a fantastic place, plenty to do.

Sri Lanka was pretty cool. They've finished with their genocide over there as well, so it's as safe as anywhere else.

• Paid Members

I went to Fiji in 2002. I know it's a while ago but it was amazing. It was probably the best week out of an entire year of backpacking. We stayed on a small island called Robinson Crusoe Island and it really was like being shipwrecked. It was about

Archived