Honeymoon ideas.

Murtz

• Paid Members

Im getting married in January next year, and been spending quite a bit of time finding the perfect honeymoon location. I've got a decent budget to play with, which is making the choice even harder.

So far I've looked at ;

Bahamas

USA State hopping

Fiji

Mauritius

Barbados

I would have like Maldives, but 3 people that are getting married this year are going there and the misses wants to be 'different'.

Any ideas will help!

• Paid Members

We got married in the summer so the carribean wasn't really an option, we went on a 2 week cruise round the Mediterranean. Apart from delayed luggage and the wife getting a touch of food poisoning, it was great!

• Paid Members
Have you not asked the missus or is she also undecided?

She likes them all. Thats the problem. The only place she has made it obvious that she likes more than the rest is Bora Bora, but its rain season in January there. Plus, its just stupidly expensive.

go to australia for 2-3 weeks if you have the budget and do cairns, gold coast, brisbane and sydney. has a bit of everything, it will be the best beach holiday you have been on, city holiday and inbetween. bahamas, barbados and maritious are all just essentially beach holidays, you can lie on a beach in tenerife for a tenth of the price. there was an island just of cairns where me and my girlfriend had a hut on for a tenner a night to ourselves - cant remember its name but if you go to STA Travel they know all the places and sort youout with really reasonable flight prices, and as we were jet lagged we were up at 430am for 2 days and we literally had the beach to ourselves for 5 hours, it alsohad a trampoline in the sea just in front of us. i honestly could not recomend austrailia anymore - clean, friendly, and although its a 24 hour flight you can stop over after 12 hours anyway then fly the rest the next day. honestly - do it.

regards - outback jack.

• Paid Members

I would've said Maldives (where we went for our honeymoon) but if the missus doesn't want the popular choice, Mauritius is a good option. Very similar to Maldives but more expensive, so could be even nicer. If that's the case Id recommend as Maldives is perfect for a chilled out pure relaxing honeymoon, which might be what you want after the stress of sorting out a wedding.

My boss is from Mauritius and he says.it's just pure relaxing bliss. But if you want something similar with a bitmore action, the Caribbean might be better and possibly cheaper.

• Paid Members
I would've said Maldives (where we went for our honeymoon) but if the missus doesn't want the popular choice, Mauritius is a good option. Very similar to Maldives but more expensive, so could be even nicer. If that's the case Id recommend as Maldives is perfect for a chilled out pure relaxing honeymoon, which might be what you want after the stress of sorting out a wedding.

My boss is from Mauritius and he says.it's just pure relaxing bliss. But if you want something similar with a bitmore action, the Caribbean might be better and possibly cheaper.

Anyone following the Michela McAreevy case might advise against Mauritius

• Paid Members

Totally agree with outback jack. If my fella ever had the gumption to marry me I would definitely want to return to Australia for a honeymoon. Sydney is a fantastic city and Cairns is really chilled with easy ways of accessing the Great Barrier Reef for the day. My choice would have to be Hayman Island. The weather would be great in January plus stop overs in Hong Kong or another city would be nice.

• Paid Members

All depends on your budget I reckon. For our honeymoon we worked out how much we had & how much we could get out of it. Ended up going to Egypt for a week all inclusive just after we got married. Jult relaxed, read a lot of books & kicked back for the week. Came back to work for a couple of weeks then went to NYC for 5 days. Through being flexible with our time off & shopping around we did both for the same price as a fortnight in 'Sandals' resort.

I'm in a similar predicament, my wedding is late Dec and we're hoping to fly out on 25 Dec and return before the school term starts as my missus is a teacher.

Somewhere in the Caribbean is her first choice, I know she's open to other places but her heart is set there. My budget is about

We went to Disneyworld for 3 weeks. Really can't recommend it enough. 3 weeks let us spend all the time we wanted in the main parks, go to all the other theme parks in the Orlando area, plenty of shopping without having to rush or pack it all in; giving us time to relax as well. If you take the full dining plan too you can use them all over the resort; in the parks and all the hotels. I think we were around

Do you have kids?

I've never quite understood the idea of going to Disneyworld if you don't have kids / are a child yourself.

I have a daughter now, but didn't at the time. The Disney branding aside, the theme parks cater to all ages, there are some great restaurants and plenty of other things to do in the Orlando area. We also figured if we go there by ourselves then when we go as a family in a few years we can make it all about the kids.

We did originally plan on going to Bali, but quickly realised that 3 weeks of sunbathing would have sent us stir crazy.

Archived