UFC on FX 3: 'Johnson vs McCall 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah it's gonna be under the same rules as last time (3x5 minute rounds with an extra 4th round in the event of a draw). I'm expecting this to be a hell of a fight.

I reckon Benavidez will beat either of them in the finals though.

A bit presumptious as he hasn't even beat Johnson yet, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off McCall against Benavidez. Don't forget, he went to a decision with Dominick Cruz as an undersized Bantamweight in the WEC, and whilst Cruz has clearly improved, so has McCall.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah I might be selling Creepy a tad short to be fair. I think Benavidez did have the easiest fight of the tournament against Urushitani aswell. I've just got a good feeling about him at Flyweight. I think he could be a serious force there and he has more experience against top level opposition than McCall does too.

When you look how well he did at 135 going to 2 competitive decisions with Cruz, submitting Torres, his finishes of Fabiano and Rani Yahya. That's a hell of a run for an undersized Bantamweight. Now he's finally fighting guys his own size I see him being hell to deal with.

Either way though whoever ends up in the finals it should be a cracking fight. I'm leaning towards McCall beating Johnson but Mighty Mouse could have a better showing this time, who knows?

It's wide open, there's no one of the three who's head and shoulders a clear favourite to win the tournament which is what makes it so interesting.

• Paid Members

Thanks, updated the thread title.

Anyone else really looking forward to seeing Erick Silva again? He's looked great so far even despite the somewhat dodgy DQ loss in his last fight. Be interesting to see him up against a good wrestler like Brenneman too.

Got a feeling Neer vs Pyle will be a good one too. I really like watching Neer fight. He's one of them guys who just goes for it wherever the fight goes. Pyle's better on the ground but Neer is solid enough in all areas and better on the feet imo. Should be good.

• Paid Members

yeh, gotta love Josh Neer. If you're a person who likes old school, tough as shit, no nonsence scrappers Neer's your guy. He's the unofficial 3rd Diaz brother.

Erick Silva looks great, but it's hard to guage how good someone really is off the back of 60 odd seconds in the cage...he looks like a f'n killer though. Brenneman should be able to drag him into a dogfight though so we'll get to see what he's made of, great fight.

• Paid Members

Yeah Erick Silva looked outstanding. Brenneman was a step up and he passed the test with flying colours. 170 needs more Erick Silvas.

Main event was a great fight, I agreed with the judges score. Mighty Mouse looked a lot better this time to me, he obviously made some adjustments. Creepy fought well though he'll be back in the mix. I can see these two fighting a couple more times yet.

Mighty Mouse vs Benavidez is gonna be fantastic.

How about Pyle's KO? Never saw that coming, great comeback. I was rooting for Neer and I really thought he was gonna win the Pyle landed that shot and game over.

I'd like to see Erick Silva vs Mike Pyle next.

Didn't expect Wineland to beat, much less finish, Jorgensen. Really impressive performance. First time Jorgense's been stopped too I think.

Good bunch of fights. Only caught half the prelims but nothing special from what I saw. Loved Pague submitting Papazian though, Papazian just comes off like a complete div to me.

It was a decent night for fights, much like everyone else I wanted McCall to win, but Mighty Mouse was the better guy on the night. Erick Silva looked like a beast again, a mate said it was like watching Bruce Lee vs Sideshow Bob. From the prelims Salas vs Means was a wierd one, Salas got knocked silly 10 seconds into the fight and the rest of the fight was Means just chasing after a punch drunk Salas to finish him off.

Archived