UFC on FX 3: 'Johnson vs McCall 2'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

UFCPosterFXJohnsonMcCall.jpg

FX MAIN CARD (ESPN?)

Demetrious Johnson vs Ian McCall - Flyweight Tournament Opening Round Rematch

Charlie Brenneman vs Erick Silva

Josh Neer vs Mike Pyle

Scott Jorgensen vs Eddie Wineland

FUEL PRELIMS (ufc.tv)

Leonard Garcia vs Matt Grice

Mike Pierce vs Carlos Eduardo Rocha

Seth Baczynski vs Lance Benoist

Dustin Pague vs Jared Papazian

Tim Means vs Justin Salas

Caio Magalhaes vs Buddy Roberts

Henry Martinez vs Bernardo Magalhaes

Sean Pierson vs Jake Hecht

This is just over a week away. Looks a good show, the main event shouldn't even be happening if the judges knew what they were doing the first time around. But still it should be an excellent fight if the first was any indication. Winner fights Benavidez to crown the first ever UFC Flyweight champ so a lot on the line. Interested to see more of Erick Silva too.

Like with most FX cards, its not massive on names but the matches look good on paper. Can't see this being any different. Got a feeling Neer vs Pyle could steal the show and I always look forward to Jorgensen's fights.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a heads up, it's Mike Pyle as opposed to Mike Kyle who's fighting Neer. Understandable mistake to make as I always get confused; especially when I start to remember WCW jobber/SMW wrestler Mark Kyle and former Continental wrestler Mark Pyle!

Yeah, Uncle Creepy got screwed last time out, so hope he gets the win this time.

Johnson, McCall and Erick Silva. Enough to get me interested in this card. Throw in Rocha, Garcia and Pierson on the prelims and it's a great free night of fights. I think Lance Benoist had a wild fight in his debut IIRC, will have to check his Wiki to remember who he fought, pretty sure he was a late replacement.

Another interesting fight for me on the prelims is the UFC debut of Caio Magalhaes, who is the brother of former UFC fighter Vinny. He's 5-0, with all of his fights taking place in his native Brazil, but if he's half as decent on the ground as his brother he'll be a tough nut to crack.

I really hope Uncle Creepy wins.

History in combat says that when a fighter is seen to have won but does not win the decision like Shogun/Machida, Holyfield/Lewis and Garcia/Jung, the person robbed comes back more motivated and confident and extracts revenge, so I see Creepy winning handily.

Nice to see Eric Silva get his first real test as well, Brenneman is a solid WW. Elsewhere, its all prospects and names only hardcore fans will know, the UFC blew there load with names for the 146 show it would seem. Some of the prelims could easily headline this card.

• Paid Members

will be McCall-Mouse be over 3 rounds still? im assuming it will be as the original title eliminators went 3 rounds, but hope it goes 5 cause fuckers likely gonna need em.

will be McCall-Mouse be over 3 rounds still? im assuming it will be as the original title eliminators went 3 rounds, but hope it goes 5 cause fuckers likely gonna need em.

Gotta think it'll be under the previous contest's rules? 3 rounds with an extra 5 minutes if the judges have it tied.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's gonna be under the same rules as last time (3x5 minute rounds with an extra 4th round in the event of a draw). I'm expecting this to be a hell of a fight.

I reckon Benavidez will beat either of them in the finals though.

Archived