WWE No Way Out 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two title matches should be decent, but I didn't stay interested in the last few Sheamus vs Ziggler matches and there's not much development that's got me hooked for this one. The WWE title match has had a decent build-up, but nothing earth-shattering. I'm still interested in it though. I can't see any title changes happening, which makes this PPV another setback for Ziggler, I reckon. He's been getting world title opportunities and losing to main-eventers for a good eighteen months now, and the only storyline he's had in that whole time has been on Youtube with Zack Ryder. Even CM Punk called him a big failure on SmackDown, and a loss on Sunday will further drive that home.

They've really gone all out in trying to make Cena vs Big Show seem like a huge match, but it hasn't worked on me. The two of them have got a bit of an inconsistent record as far as quality goes, and I'm not that intrigued in the result.

Santino and Ricardo are both excellent at what they do, so I'm looking forward to their match most. Apart from the Triple H speech. Both of these things are Raw-level rather than PPV, I wouldn't buy it for them. I can't see a great buyrate here.

Christian vs Cody Rhodes and Layla vs Beth Phoenix can fuck off, to be honest. I'm looking more forward to Otunga vs Brodus, which has two great entrance musics and even a bit of interesting build-up on Smackdown this week, considering I was expecting it to be a standard Brodus squash.

On Twitter AW has been hinting at his new faction doing something on tonight's PPV.

That's not a spoiler, it's speculation, before anyone has a go.

If they do it's even more idiotic that they just seemed to disappear about a month ago.

Another match announced on the pre-show.

Usos v Primo/Epico v Kidd/Gabriel v Prime Time Players for No.1 Contendership for Tag Titles.

Well that'll be AW's tweet solved then, if Epico & Primo have a match. I saw AW on the match graphic during the live streaming of the pre-show on Youtube

So I ended up paying for this. Except, I got some tickets and saw it live.

The atmosphere was very nice, but a bit quiet times. It seemed like I was stuck in the quiet section which was a bit of a nuisance. There was this annoying as fuck guy sat two seats beside me who wouldn't shut up all night, talking about how this is supposed to happen and that was supposed to happen. Just after the hurricane to the outside on top of everyone spot in the Tag Team contenders match, he started chanting "ECW". There was also a guy in front who only seemed to be there to text/email a website the result, and to start a Goldberg chant for Ryback.

The event itself was good, probably made much better by actually being there live though. There was a lot of filler, some good some a bit boring. Sheamus/Ziggler and the WWE Title match were both really good. Ziggler was more over than Sheamus, an interesting note there.

• Paid Members

Not only did I pay for this, but being at a stag weekend the previous two nights meant it seemed easy enough to stay up.

I was surprised to see the World Heavyweight Title match on first, but it ended up as the best match on the show. While Ziggler didn't win, he had crowd support and looked competitive the whole way through, which is an improvement on recent months at least.

Pretty much everything between that and the WWE Title match was passable at best. Sin Cara can fuck off. The 4-way tag match was a good way to start a focus on that division, but it seems more likely that won't happen and the match will be forgotten sooner rather than later. I have some hope though, as most of those guys could shine if given some time to develop once Raw goes to three hours.

The WWE title match itself was as good as it was going to get without a swerve leading to a title change. I can't fault the guys for effort, but the finish suggests the AJ story is far from done, and therefore made the match overall feel like storyline filler. Daniel Bryan was nowhere to be seen at the end, so it will be interesting to see if that's the end of his involvement in the title picture, or he's been saved for another singles match with Punk.

I enjoy my Ryback squashes. Can he really do his finish on three guys at once as he was teasing? I guess we're going to find out.

I went to bed after that. Will edit Cage match thoughts in shortly.

Edit: the main event was fun, enjoyable stuff by cartoon Cena match standards. I feel a bit sorry for Big Show, he was genuinely over as a fan favourite, and as a heel needed Vince taking bumps and half a dozen run-ins to get heat. Big Johnny's suit was spectacular, his departure might mean Raw gets freshened up, the people power storyline had run its course. Cena vs Punk at Money in the Bank?

Overall, calling this a thumbs in the middle PPV could be a bit generous, but I enjoyed watching live and the top 3 matches weren't bad at all, so I'm going with it.

Archived