WWE No Way Out 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And that's probably why this PPV will die a death at the box office. And Sin Cara and Ryback still won't be over. How can they be over, if they present a PPV so uninteresting, nobody sees it?

Will nobody see it? Id imagine it would get roughly the same amount of buys as the usual C PPV's.

Yeah, I didn't want to be a negative nancy, but there is such a dull fog hanging over the entire product that these shows are such a chore.

As long as the numbers decrease, we'll be fine, because that's what ultimately they'll respond to, but it's sad to see a show as bad as this considering they have done better jobs with shows under a "single brand" back when that still mattered, less titles, less stakes etc.

As Butch alluded to, it doesn't help coming one week after probably the best PPV of the year in Slammiversary. I know momentum doesn't count for fuck all in today's market like it used to in the 90s, but TNA has got it all at the moment. It seems like this gets said a lot these days, but they need a HUGE Raw tonight, something, anything to light the fuse on the way to Raw 1000, MITB and Summerslam.

Ryback should have been at least been facing three jobbers and slammed them just to bring it up from what he's been doing on Smackdown. But he was on ppv asking for three, this should have been done last Tuesday. Goldgerg crushed names past and present Ryback squashes nobodies where are they going with this? Vader in 93 was having handicap matches and it made him look like a monster because other wrestlers had one on one jobber matches. The logic is there Vaders a monster because he takes on 2 jobbers while the other stars take on one, Ryback takes on 2 jobbers where the other wrestlers take on stars. It's almost damaging at this point he should of slammed three of them last night on ppv and moved on to some real competition.

• Paid Members

The highlight of the show was the Primetime Players. The tag match kind of highlighted how rotten WWE are at handling talent these days. You have four teams that have something going for them, but nobody has any reason to boo/cheer them. In fact, I spent a chunk of the match trying to remember who the tag team champions were.

Big Johnny's suit was great.

The three-way was solid enough. This AJ shite was old the minute they decided to have her play the 'stars' people are meant to be paying to see. At the very least, "Beautiful Bryan" dipped in and then told her to jog on.

I think Ryback has something, but having him continue to do a shit Goldberg is stupid. He's essentially Renegade.

Sheamus v Dolph was good. Sheamus is having some solid matches at the minute, it's a shame his current persona makes it hard to like him. If James Storm saw Sheamus walk into his bar, Storm and his horse would crack some well good jokes about Sheamus being a big girl. Fella needs to grow a pair.

The main event was really underwhelming, which surprised me, given the talent involved. The finish was alright, although it probably means we get Uncle Teddy back.

No dancing Vince, sadly. The bloke was busy no selling a concussion though. Mr. H's promo wasn't up to his usual high standards.

Anybody that paid for this must have hated the show. I didn't and thought it was ok.

• Paid Members

Did anyone buy this and then find themselves disappointed? It sounds pretty bad, but no worse/more boring than the line-up and promotion suggested.

For what it's worth, it's the first time there's ever been a WWE PPV (other than when I've been away on holiday at the time) when I've not even bothered downloading it to watch with the fastforward button.

• Paid Members
It sounds pretty bad, but no worse/more boring than the line-up and promotion suggested.

It was worse than the lineup suggested, I thought. For how shite the card looked, you had the Triple H thing and the Vince McMahon thing as at least a small hook to see how they were going to handle it. But Vince no sold his injuries and was walking about with a big grin on his face and Triple H didn't seem fussed when cutting his promo.

I don't know what the Lesnar situation is at present time, but Triple H cut a promo like a man who didn't seem like he cared about this angle at all. Triple H was on auto pilot. I was saying in chat last night, I can't see Lesnar still being there at Mania. I see Triple H beating him at SummerSlam and then Brock riding off into the sunset.

It was dreadful.

Well, the opening contest was good (although once again it was an example of the wrestler the crowd dearly wanted to win, not winning, which was disappointing).

The triple threat match was also good, but I'm incredibly sick of CM Punk.

The fatal fourway was alright. I'm a big fan of the Primetime Players and I'm glad they won, but the crowd had no real reason to care about any of them, and when the crowd is dead is ruins the spectacle. And I hate the Usos. Their act wouldn't have gotten over in 1995, let alone 2012, and one of them looks desperately unfit.

Sin Cara is shit, and I've got no interest in watching him. Again, we're not in the mid-1990s anymore. A wrestler who offers nothing other than variations on headscissors is not entertaining or interesting. Sin Cara has absolutely no charisma or presence in the ring and he just seems awkward.

Ryback will lose momentum he has if they just keep having him face jobbers. The analogy to Vader facing two jobbers from further up the thread was spot on.

And for whatever reason, I just can't give a shit about Christian or Cody Rhodes. Christian as IC Champ has been going on - on & off - for 11 years. And he just wrestles the same match.

Very dull product at the moment, which is incredible considering how brilliant the PPV with Lesnar vs Cena was.

edit: Also, I should add that I - like most people I'm sure - hate having my intelligence insulted. When the crowd are loudly and clearly chanting "Let's go Ziggler", why did Jerry Lawler say "Listen to the crowd chanting Let's Go Sheamus".

It sounds pretty bad, but no worse/more boring than the line-up and promotion suggested.

It was worse than the lineup suggested, I thought. For how shite the card looked, you had the Triple H thing and the Vince McMahon thing as at least a small hook to see how they were going to handle it. But Vince no sold his injuries and was walking about with a big grin on his face and Triple H didn't seem fussed when cutting his promo.

I don't know what the Lesnar situation is at present time, but Triple H cut a promo like a man who didn't seem like he cared about this angle at all. Triple H was on auto pilot. I was saying in chat last night, I can't see Lesnar still being there at Mania. I see Triple H beating him at SummerSlam and then Brock riding off into the sunset.

Triple H went into the husky, deeper voice he always does when he's going into serious mode but he didn't have the fire in his eyes or mannerisms to go with it. I thought it was really noticeable when he suddenly went into serious mode.

My mate had pestered me a few times this week about whether I wanted to go to my mate's, watch the PPV and taxi back. Even at ten to 1 this morning he called me up. I told him every time that it looked like a shit event. I don't know why he was so insistent about watching it live, let alone at all.

I ended up watching it today though as I went into work only to realise that I'm not in today.

Also, WWE could do with a title switch on Raw sometime to get people into thinking that anything can happen on the show. Punk would be an ideal candidate as his run has gone on so long.

Just finished watching. Started well, I thought that Sheamus/Ziggler was an enjoyable enough match from the midway point onwards, the first half of the match had a bit too much in the way of rest-holds going on, but like i say the rest of the match and finish were enjoyable enough.

Tuxedo Match was painfully poor, and the crowd let it be known.

Christian/Cody was OK, nothing special though. I just find it difficult to get behind Christian. Mainly because I feel like I'm more intimidating than he is. he doesnt have that "fuck me, he looks like a tough-arse wrestler" aura about him and so I find it difficult to root for him, because I feel like I could kick his arse.

Tag Fatal 4 Way, again was OK and filled a spot on the card. At least it gets Tyson Kidd a little bit of airtime, I've really come to appriciate his skills over the last 6 months or so.

Divas title was ropey as usual, and Layla dancing around like a gimp wasnt funny in the slightest.

It was the first time i'd seen Sin Cara since hes come back, and even though he didnt majorly balls any move up, still fairly uninspired by him. And is it just me, or does he seem a little bit chunckier than when he was last around?

WWE Title triple threat was a good contest, but even as a big CM Punk fan, I'm beginning to wonder how much longer he's going to hold onto the title as he has been the champion for (according to the title history) 211 days, which is what? just under 7 months? Which a lot longer than I would have predicted. And if you believe the news sites, WWE have contemplated putting the title on Bryan for the last 2 PPV's, which makes me think he'll probably drop the title at either MITB or Summerslam at the latest.

Ryback - the guy is not going to get over by steamrolling over no-name jobbers, plain and simple. They need to start booking him against roster guys that people actually know. Have him destroy Hawkins/Reks, JTG, Yoshi Tatsu etc. At least the audience know who those guys are.

And the steel cage was a complete drag, actually fell asleep whilst watching it. And what does it say about Cena that he needed the help of a dancing comedy character to help him win along with appearances from no hope Riley, Zack "novelty has worn off" Ryder and Santino (who for some reason had changed into his wrestling singlet after the Tuxedo Match).

It had some minor good points, but for me, its prob the weakest PPV of the year so far from WWE. I was uninspired by the look of the card going into it, and the late additions didnt help rescue it. Saying that, there have been far worse PPV's put on

• Paid Members
Fell asleep half way through, forget when. Think it was the Sin Cara match. Were the WWE Title/Cena matches any good?

Did you see ChocCock win? I imagined you marking out for that!

The fuck is ChocCock?

Fell asleep half way through, forget when. Think it was the Sin Cara match. Were the WWE Title/Cena matches any good?

Did you see ChocCock win? I imagined you marking out for that!

The fuck is ChocCock?

The Prime Time Players (Darren Young/Titus O'Neil)

I stayed up for this and watched it at my local Rileys.

I have to say its the worse ppv of the year by a mile,

world title match first everyone knew Dolph has no chance in hell of getting the upset.

Tuxedo match reminded me of a tv angle rather than something you would pay to see on a PPV.

Triple H rather flat promo that was predictable as anything,

Hunico vs Sin Cara you mean to tell me these guys deserve the spot more than The Miz or The Tag Champions.

Ryback Squash starting to get sick of this he should facing midcarders on PPV

Cm Punk winning again what was the point of the whole of the last months build with AJ,

The Cage match was the least interested I have been in a mainevent this year Cena was never ever gonna be fired or

do the job here.

I have no hopes for Raw either my money is on Teddy Long being gm again.

funny enough before we saw this show we watched Raw 15th Anniversary disc 2 1998 - 2002 nowdays just does not compare makes me sad just thinking of what the current product has become.

Archived