WWE No Way Out 2012 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It probably would have been a good PPV if I had any reason to care about anything. Dull dull dull.

Well, I say that but... MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!!

• Paid Members
Fell asleep half way through, forget when. Think it was the Sin Cara match. Were the WWE Title/Cena matches any good?

Did you see ChocCock win? I imagined you marking out for that!

• Paid Members

I didn't watch it and won't. I've read the report and I'm actually concerned for WWE with the amount of filler on the show. A Ryback squash we've seen 20 times? A Santino comedy match? Hunico vs. Sin Cara rematch number 2045? A 4 way tag match between 8 guys who barely make the main shows?

This isn't an OTT "WWE will die" post but for them to put on a PPV like that must frighten the life out of Vince McMahon. Jabroni's interfering in a main event? AW who has absolutley no credibility whatsoever doing a Mr Fuji switch for what reason?

On top of that. World title match? Seen it before. Main event? Seen it before, though they've done a decent job re-building Big Show. Punk/Kane/Bryan? Seen every combination a million times.

There's so little that's fresh about the company. They keep bringing in new guys but they are so insignificant that it doesn't freshen anything.

Brief thoughts.

Of what I saw (missed the Sheamus match) are that other than the tag match, that the PPV was largely horrid. Despite the AW Fuji switch, it was fun and looked like the wrestlers were enjoying themselves. More of the same please. (Tag MITB?)

Going into MITB, which was PPV of the year last year in this sort of disarray, cannot be a good thing. Bad times ahead I fear unless booking really picks up from this point

• Paid Members

You aren't missing anything not watching it. It was like a long episode of Smackdown. Sin Cara vs Konnan was an insult to paying customers. How many times have the fans seen that? And how many times how they rejected it? This was the same. The tag team match was compared by NEWM as something you would see on a 1996 WWF PPV, which wasn't good if you were watching the teams at the time. Ryback had far better squashes than this one. I think they wanted to get him out quick with the super loud "Goldberg" chants. Punk vs Bryan vs Kane was the best match of the night, but it was far from special. And the main event set up a Big Show and Brodus Clay feud. The story of the event was that even the good stuff wasn't as good as it usually is. So yeah, it was a really shit PPV.

Also, here's a fun fact - Raw last week lasted 3 hours 15 minutes. This PPV lasted 2 hours 50 minutes.

Enjoyed Shaemus/Ziggler but there seemed to be quite a few botches and alot of noticeable talking in the ring. The talking in the ring is becoming more noticeable. I'd say it's just as much the directors fault. For instance when AJ jumps up on the apron I don't want to clearly see the ref say "Shes there now" without even trying to hide it.

The tuxedo match shit on by the crowd and deservedly so this should not be on ppv this is TV filler. They were mentioning passed tuxedo matches all of which had been on free TV.

Hunico/Sin Cara just liked Hunicos neat move where he powered him up, you know the one.

Cena was so goofy last night when he had his feet on the turnbuckle "for purchase" his facials and lack of purchase were a joke. That twist he does preparing himself to be thrown into the cage was lame. Big Shows top rope elbow was cool, the way it made the ring dip.

At Wrestlemania in 2004 I saw Cena get Big Show up for the AA, at Wrestlemania in 2009 I saw Cena get the Big Show and Edge up for an AA. (until Edge hopped off the back) Imagine my surprise(along with King and Cole) When Cena got Big Show up for an AA in a cage.

Tuxedo match, womens match, Ryback squash, Cena Big Show main event are freebies.

Shaemus Ziggler and the 3way were not worth the money. Grumble..grumble..

• Moderators

It was an episode of Smackdown. A waste of 15 rips. None of the matches seemed to fire, the crowd didn't care, and some of the matches wouldn't have been out of place on Superstars.

Probably the worst WWE PPV for a long time, even sadder when you compare it to slammiversary last week.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed Sheamus/Ziggler, for all its faults it did seem like the crowd were pretty in to it. The rest of the night was pretty much a yawn fest though, Christian/Rhodes never seemed to take off for me, and the ending of the triple threat left me cold. However, Cena/Show really got up my nose by messing up my accumulator and costing me

I'm glad I didn't order it and watched it on a stream instead as it was a very meh PPV with lots of unneeded filler, I mean a Ryback squash again? Hunico getting a PPV match again when he barely features on Smackdown? Triple H's challenge should have been kept for Raw tonight and used the time to pad out the title matches or the 4-way tag.

We have now reached the point of no return with the WWE title, 6 months now since it main evented a PPV, has there ever been a year in which it has been the last match on PPV so little in a year?

People Power is over which is a shame as I was enjoying Ace being the smarmy GM, was anyone else expecting Vince and/or Brodus to pull a swerve to screw Cena?

Sad to say as a long time WWE loyalist but TNA had the better PPV this month, hopefully MITB will be better in a few weeks

Got to be honest, usually I would find a way of watching a ppv, even buying it from the sky websites. But reading the matches and the reviews I can't be bothered. Seems all crap. Plus now it seems we're going to get a Punk-Kane feud over AJ and Daniel Bryan will probably be fighting Santino or some other pleb.

I didnt watch it but I kinda like the idea of having the four way tag, Ryback and Sin Cara matches on PPV without advertising them. It will only help these guys get over, for instance I had no idea O'neill and Young were called the Prime Time Players until reading the results this morning. Lets be honest, most of the PPVs in the attitude era involved plenty of matches with little background or buildup and were only there to get guys on the main show and get them over.

• Paid Members
It will only help these guys get over

Its not 1982. People paid a lot of money for this PPV. These clowns doing the same shit they do on TV every single week will not help them get over at all. That's why they chanted "boring" during the Sin Cara match and "Goldberg" during the Ryback match. Nobody cares about anyone on this roster, expect a handful of people.

It will only help these guys get over

Its not 1982. People paid a lot of money for this PPV.

The people got what they paid for, just with a bit of extra filler, if these matches had replaced the Sheamus vs Ziggler match, The Cena vs Big Show match and the IC Title match then fine, but what wwas sold was all still there, just with a few extra filler matches that were all quite short.

Archived