the Rock vs Shawn Michaels

C-Rock

I can probably answer this question myself but its probably because the Rock and Shawn Michaels never really seemed to be in the WWE at the same time or long enough of a time to build a fued but anyone else got a reason as to why this match has never taken place before? (not that I'm totally sure it hasn't happened perhaps at a house show or something)

I'd of loved to have seen the Rock v Shawn Michaels at next years WrestleMania....agree or disagree? Who would you want to see go over and do you think either would be happy to put they other one over?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding is that the two had a legitimate discontent of one another stemming back to when Michaels disrespected The Rock's grandmother (or something similar to this), as well as The Rock also believing that HBK had attempted to jeopardise his push to the top of the card. The Rock and Triple H managed to put aside their personal differences for the greater good and it's a shame that Rocky couldn't have managed this with Shawn.

Somebody else on here will no doubt explain it in greater detail, but that's pretty much the basis of the answer to your question.

• Paid Members

Rock and Triple H didnt like each other for a long time either. The fact neither were in WWF at the same time as full timers had everything to do with it. Its not like the Rock hasnt worked with guys he's hated before. And the Rock worked a million angles with Shawn Michaels from 98 to 2000. Didnt seem like he had any reservations about working a programme with Shawn. Rock's always been a pro. When its time to do business, he'd work with anyone. Survivor Series showed that. Hogan or Austin would never have worked with the Miz and Truth in their comeback matches. They'd have kicked up a massive fuss.

When would the right time have been for the match to happen? Rock wasnt on Michaels level before he took four years off, and by the time Michaels returned as a full time performer, Rock was no longer in the business. The only time it could have happened was at WrestleMania 19 or 20, and other plans were made by then.

If Michaels was still around, maybe they would have wrestled him. Might still happen one day.

At the Hall Of Fame a few years back The Rock said the three guys he wanted to wrestle were Cena, Rey Mysterio and HBK. I think HBK was next to Rock's gran and they were all laughing about it. Any shit they did have seems to have gone. Could happen, would love it to.

At the Hall Of Fame a few years back The Rock said the three guys he wanted to wrestle were Cena, Rey Mysterio and HBK. I think HBK was next to Rock's gran and they were all laughing about it. Any shit they did have seems to have gone. Could happen, would love it to.

Yeah I think this beef is now resolved as a few days ago on another Wrestling forum someone posted a few (recent) pix of Rock & HBK together smiling, laughing/shaking hands etc

Good luck getting someone to do a job in that match. I'd be amazed if it ever happened

Is that just a stock answer pulled from the archive of smarky cynicism?

Like him or not, The Rock has always been prepared to work with and put over anyone for the good of the business. I've never heard even a single report about him being a prick about that sort of stuff. He always seems to be one of those guys that just 'gets it'.

Good luck getting someone to do a job in that match. I'd be amazed if it ever happened

Of course it is, it's Dearly Devoted Dexter. He is like a Twitter Bot.

Rock vs Michaels has always been the dream match for me, its just a shame it'll never happen. I had heard the bad blood betweeen them but since Shawn has changed and Rock never minded doing business with anyone that it could happen, I bet it probably wont though, personally it'd piss all over most other matches you can think of these days.

Like him or not, The Rock has always been prepared to work with and put over anyone for the good of the business. I've never heard even a single report about him being a prick about that sort of stuff. He always seems to be one of those guys that just 'gets it'.

to be fair to HBK he did a lot of jobs, he hardly had an impeccable win / loss record and only held one title in his last 8 years for a month and lost it on the first defence, he was hardly at Hogan's level of selfishness when it came to lying on his back

Archived