FCW Shut Down

BritFan

WWE officials notified Bright House Network Monday that they have opted to cease their affiliation with the Florida based sports network as they are shutting down Florida Championship Wrestling effective immediately. Florida Championship Wrestling programming, which was taped last Thursday in Tampa, Florida, will cease to air on the network in three weeks.

Everyone involved with Florida Championship Wrestling will relocate to WWE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck no! FCW TV was one of the only things left in modern wrestling that interested me enough to watch it on a semi regular basis (albeit a couple of months behind). I fucking loved that show. Hopefully the replacement will pop up very soon and will have a similar style. My pick for North American TV match of the year last year took place in FCW.

Do we know any reasons behind the shutdown?

• Paid Members

Fair point, actually. But will relocating to Connecticut really change that much? If there are gonna be two territories, that'll be a step in the right direction, at least, but will even that solve the problems they were having with FCW?

Is the consensus then that Steve Keirn was a crap trainer? They seemed to have a fair number of good wrestlers down there giving good advice. Strange that it was such a failure.

Maybe they should swallow their pride and get back in bed with OVW and Cornette. That setup produced a whole bunch of good talent.

• Paid Members
Maybe they should swallow their pride and get back in bed with OVW and Cornette. That setup produced a whole bunch of good talent.

That's undoubtedly true. They were doing a better job of recruiting back then though. Guys like Batista, Cena, Orton, Lesnar and Benjamin all had something about them already. I don't really think OVW would've done a whole lot better with most of the cookie cutter guys that have been through development recently. Perhaps guys like Husky Harris and Brodus Clay would've benefited from the old school methods for working as big men, not sure about the rest.

• Moderators

Triple H giving the developmental system a kick up the arse can only be a good thing, can't it? Odds on HHH leaving his mates Regal and Waltman to run it? That'd be awesome if they did.

Archived