FCW Shut Down

BritFan

nodq.com

- All FCW events currently scheduled for this coming weekend will go on as planned. FCW President Steve Keirn is denying the rumors of FCW shutting down. All talents are at school today and as of this writing, no official announcement has been made.

PWInsider just updated their story and reports that sources within WWE state there are no plans to shutdown WWE's developmental territory Florida Championship Wrestling. The show on the Brighthouse Network is scheduled to end however.

Stay tuned as this story develops.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Different people will be running it and its a boring place to live (and more expensive), so their focus will be less on going out on the piss. It'll be a different developmental league. Whether that makes a difference is to be seen, but it'll at least be different.

Living an hour away from New York would be boring?

Different people will be running it and its a boring place to live (and more expensive), so their focus will be less on going out on the piss. It'll be a different developmental league. Whether that makes a difference is to be seen, but it'll at least be different.

Living an hour away from New York would be boring?

Try living on $24,000 a year in a state with in state income tax and a ridiculous housing market.

Maybe Trips/Vince bullshitted some staff member they suspected of leaking stuff, so they can rat them out (like what happened to Lagana). Odd.

Maybe there opening another facillity? Can I also ask what exactly happened with Lagana in regards to him getting fired? I read an interview with him in Power Slam a while ago and he would not disclose the reason he was let go.

• Paid Members

Those "dirt sheets" have said this in the latest Observer update:

-- Latest on FCW is that the company is claiming nothing is going on and that they're only canceling the TV. Why they would cancel the TV of their only developmental group is a question still to be answered.

They've got a point.

Meltzer update:

We were told directly what WWE officials themselves said to the TV station. They probably told the station more than they should have regarding the move to Stamford and just said they were pulling out of TV and left it at that, but that isn't what they said. They gave the explanation that specifically stated shutting down the facility on Mabry and moving everything now to Stamford until making their next move. That wasn't something anyone came up with out of conjecture but something the promotion told the station yesterday.

• Moderators

Pulling it off TV in order to put it on WWE.com or something? I honestly haven't got a fucking clue what's going on here at the moment. Confusing stuff.

I still reckon it's definitely moving though.

EDIT: Mike Johnson's spin on it.

WWE RESPONDS TO FCW CLOSING STORY

By Mike Johnson on 2012-03-20 17:24:39 WWE.com published an article directly responding to rumors that they were shutting Florida Championship Wrestling down this afternoon.

Citing that an "unreliable online news source" published the report, the piece featured quotes from HHH about the developmental system.

Triple H commented, "It is absolutely not true. FCW is not closing. I don

• Paid Members
Maybe Trips/Vince bullshitted some staff member they suspected of leaking stuff, so they can rat them out (like what happened to Lagana). Odd.

Maybe there opening another facillity? Can I also ask what exactly happened with Lagana in regards to him getting fired? I read an interview with him in Power Slam a while ago and he would not disclose the reason he was let go.

There are two stories: 1, Vince/Steph told Lagana a load of hot air (and Lagana alone), as they suspected he was leaking stuff to Meltzer etc, when the false story made its way on to the 'dirt sheets' they fired Lagana. 2, Lagana got the sack for demanding Kevin Thorne(?) give him a blowy.

Allegedly.

Archived