That's not a bad thing...that's a good thing!

The Hitman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Watching the Chris Adams doc - TOTALLY underrted

Is that the one where they even interview the bloke that actually killed him. Gentleman's Choice I think it's called. Adams was a good talent but from all sources a total prick of a person apparently.

The feud between Jackie Gayda and Dawn Marie that involved them fighting over Charlie Haas.Granted the storyline had a naff conclusion with them turning Haas into a player when he dumped both of them but the confrontations between Gayda and Marie were bloody fantastic.It looked proper real,like two slappers fighting outside a kebab shop late on a Saturday night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBL-Av7csxU

Mordecai.I don't know why but I loved the whole idea and image of the character.I thought the character had some great potential.Pity Kevin Fertig was a bit naff at the time,he did miles better as Kevin Thorn IMO.

Watching the Chris Adams doc - TOTALLY underrted

Is that the one where they even interview the bloke that actually killed him. Gentleman's Choice I think it's called. Adams was a good talent but from all sources a total prick of a person apparently.

Thats the one

I thought and still think Chuck Palumbo is brilliant

Up to a point I agree. Him and Masters for me were definitely guys who didn't get a fair crack the second time around. Palumbo being a ex WCW talent to begin with hurt him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gR8QX9cR8

That FBI theme was a tune.

WWE from about late 2002 to mid 2003 was riot for me. You had lesbians, samoans battering old ladies, boss's son- in-law giving it one to a doll, fat samoan in drag, a big chamber, a old man dying of sex, psycho women, a gay wedding, wigger rapper, ''gimme me a fucking mic''. jobber dressing up like Boy George, a bald bloke spearing a hollywood actor out of his socks, 2 rookies fucking up a stable, a steroid freak stinking up main events, a kid with one leg, the boss wrestling again, "Mr. America", some 7ft Australian being shit and Big Kev with dark hair again.

I fucking loved it all.

• Paid Members

Iv'e loved Matt Striker since way back in 3PW and was delighted to see him turn up in WWE. He could be quite grating on commentary at times, but he's a decent worker and talker and I just inexplicably like the guy.

• Paid Members
I loved Shelton Benjamin's Paydirt, even though most people say it looked like he was just giving himself a Rock Bottom.

With you. When you're expecting, even controlling the way you're you're falling, you can brace for the impact a lot easier than when someone else is driving you into the mat. Shelts is driving his opponents face with force into the mat, it's fine. I'd rather see a thousand consecutive Paydirts than ever see someone conveniently throw themselves onto the middle rope for the fucking 619 ever again.

If this thread had existed a couple of hours ago, it's where I would have expressed my love for 'Voodoo Child (Slight Return)' as Hulk Hogan's entrance music. (Sorry Chest :( )

With you, when he's heeling it up and hopefully strumming a belt like a guitar. If he's a baby it has to be Real American or at a push, American Made.

Scotty Anton was quality. Legit one of my favourite things ECW ever did. Looked like a star.

Yeah, that was genius. Here's TAFKA Scotty Riggs, didnt you know he's RVD's mate? Yes, we know he's pretty much nobody now, but c'mon, he's RVD's mate. Wha.... YOU BASTARD. You just caused Robbie V to lose his first match back since being robbed of the TV title he held for two years and never lost in the ring! YOU BASTARD.

Power and Glory, a fan of both guys but neither of them seemed to go anywhere and i rarely see any praise either. Hercules looked like he could have been a top heel after the steroids kicked in and when Heenan bought him.

There's a couple of us that bum P&G on here, especially the PowerPlex. It always mystifies me that in that fleeting window that the WWF thought Neidhart wasn't signing his new contract, they elected to get the Harts to drop the belts to the Rockers, rather than Power & Glory who the Harts were programmed with at the time IIRC. Certainly wouldnt have broken my heart.

My personal answer to this is the comedic value of Repo Man. He was an utter hoot. Those early vignettes and in general the way Darsow portrayed him never failed to make me laugh.

Undertaker vs. Bossman - Hell in a Cell - Wrestlemania XV

Perfectly acceptable brawling with a tasteless angle tacked on at the end. Apart from that I enjoyed it. It was never going to be Mankind/Taker II anyway, was it?

• Paid Members
My personal answer to this is the comedic value of Repo Man. He was an utter hoot. Those early vignettes and in general the way Darsow portrayed him never failed to make me laugh.

I love Repo. Darsow absolutely threw himself right slap into that role. Brilliant stuff. Darsow was the best member of the Demo's.

• Paid Members
Iv'e loved Matt Striker since way back in 3PW and was delighted to see him turn up in WWE. He could be quite grating on commentary at times, but he's a decent worker and talker and I just inexplicably like the guy.

Matt Striker is a way better colour commentator than anyone else they have or have had in the past 10 years or so, with the possible exception of JBL. He just needed focusing and toning down. Unfortunately they don't have anyone who knows anything about it enough to coach someone.

When wrestlers took steroids and were fucking massive.

The big giant massive muscle heads who have been slated by people randomly over the years. Fans and figures (such as James E.C) have mentioned that Vince loves his big mammoths too much, but i get excited when a new big dude arrives.

As a kid, i was in awe at big nutters, like warlord, barbarian, sid etc, more recently Kozlov and Ezekiel. Fair play it hasn't really worked for them, but i wanted to relive the past time of a big fucker smashing the living shite out of a little crank. Give them as many roids as they can handle.

Yes yes, i understand they can be harmful, but simply for me, wrestlers looked better.

This for me too, sums up my vieuws perfectly !

one of the main reasons i became such a fan in the first place many many years ago,was the fact that what i saw were real superhuman throwing each other around and looking cool while doing it. offcourse this was way before i knew anything about the bussenis,so i had ni clue about actual wrestling skills or lack thereof, i just judged, and enjoyed by what i saw on tv.

Heck, even "smaller' wrestlers like bret hart still looked massive to me in his prime....so fast forward to today, well, yes i do miss the big muscleheads these days and i also get excited when once in a blue moon there comes a new one. i get immediatly drawn to guys like lesnar, lashley,batista....a lot quicker than i am with smaller guys. The scary part is that we all know what steroids do to our heroes and they are slowly killing themselves, and i do not wish upon that fate for anybody. and offcourse, being a fan for so many years now, i look at wrestling completely diffrent because i know what a good worker is and i think highly of guys like daniel bryan and cm punk, i watch tons of indy stuff and have liked them ever since ROH along with many others. BUT, when i watch big time wrestling, i still prefer wrestlers who look"big time"....to me, seeing guys like punk and brian run around with a title belt thats almost as big as they are, still gives me the impression that it's kids playing a big man role...i know that sounds demeaning and i'm sorry, i love the hell out of these guys but they just do not have the " pro wrestling champion" look. it's one of the main reasons i like john cena so much, he's build like a tank and has to legit strenght to back it up too, i'm impressed by stuff like that and i think he's quite good too, i never got on the cena haters bandwagon and never will, the man has charisma and screen presence to spare wether you want to admit it or not...do you honeslty think, if a guy like triple H looked like daniel bryan, he would've ever gotten to where he is ? offcourse not, he's good in the ring but not great, and a massive part of his appeal has always been the fact that he has looked intimidating and like he could rip your head of.

it's probably why i like anyone that is build, even tho they haven't done anything spectacluar yet, guys leke ezekiel,otunga....just with their look they have my attention and in wwe-land , those are the guys i like to see as the faces,because they command your attention just by standing there, which is one of the basic principles of being a PRO-WRESTLER.

sorry but when i'm as big,or bigger then the wwe champion, i have a hard time accepting it, skilled wrestler or not.

take a look at brock lesnars wwe run, he had amazing skills too so he was really unique, but do you think he would've been so dominant if he had the body of cm punk ? no.way

Archived