That's not a bad thing...that's a good thing!

The Hitman

Eric Young as serious character rather than comedy goon.

Although he'd be really good as a ninja with a headband like the real Eric Young

I love EY. He really does well in every role that he has been given especially this "Big Beard, I hit my head on the floor, Crazy fucker" Gimmick - He's really made the gimmick not seen stale and it cracks me up every week.

Obviously I'd love to see him become a bigger star and it seemed like he was going to be back when he was the Front Man for World Elite but he's doing a great job at the moment.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The version that turned heel on Rock and Austin before Survivor Series '99 was my favourite incarnation of DX. Unlike almost every other wrestling fan, I was really disappointed when they turned face shortly after X-Pac and the Outlaws officially joined in '98, because I'd waited ages for DX to be a proper, dominating heel stable like the nWo. I really enjoyed seeing them finally being able to get up to nefarious shit like taunting tramps on Thanksgiving and breaking Test's nose every week.

• Paid Members

And it gave the world Dennis Knight's hilarious turn as 'Mankind' in Have A Bad Day. Being interviewed by Harry Sachs, as I recall. Chortle.

• Paid Members
And it gave the world Dennis Knight's hilarious turn as 'Mankind' in Have A Bad Day.

I forgot all about that. Shame Youtube doesn't seem to have it. I did find the

though.

The Mcmahon-Helmsley/DX regime/Austin fucking off era was when the WWE started firing on all cylinders, for me. Tremendous tv.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Corporation X were fucking ace. Hunter's original army, backed up with whatever crazy stips they felt like adding half the time, and a seemingly endless parade of B-team backup - Bossman & Bull, Val and T&A, and of course the might of Patterson and Briscoe.

Actually it was during that spell that I remember during one ep of Raw drunkenly slurring about interference from "Britterson and Pascoe." My mate never let me hear the end of that one.

Archived