That's not a bad thing...that's a good thing!

The Hitman

• Paid Members

When wrestlers took steroids and were fucking massive.

The big giant massive muscle heads who have been slated by people randomly over the years. Fans and figures (such as James E.C) have mentioned that Vince loves his big mammoths too much, but i get excited when a new big dude arrives.

As a kid, i was in awe at big nutters, like warlord, barbarian, sid etc, more recently Kozlov and Ezekiel. Fair play it hasn't really worked for them, but i wanted to relive the past time of a big fucker smashing the living shite out of a little crank. Give them as many roids as they can handle.

Yes yes, i understand they can be harmful, but simply for me, wrestlers looked better.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to the 'Right to Censor' love, I've pretty much enjoyed most of what Stevie Richards has done during his ECW/WWF(E) runs. From Raven's lackey to the bWo and various other parodies to RTC to Stevie Night Heat, the evolution of the character of Stevie Richards has at least entertained one fan: me.

I also enjoyed Don Callis' WWF run as The Jackyl, shame he got stuck with the Oddities though, and I thought Brian Lee was pretty enjoyable in his run as part of TNA tag-team 'The Disciples of the New Church' along with Slash/Wolfie D despite boring me to death in his 1996/97 ECW run.

Royal Rumble 1999. I've always loved this PPV but it seems to have a genera dislike in the IWC.

my first PPV as an adult, having watched wrestling as a kid but left it behind maybe 6 years earlier, loved it, everyone was so much of a character then that I understood what everyone was about straight away

I actually really like the Invasion PPV, it gets slated...

By who? i don't think I've ever seen a bad word against that PPV. Just how the angle developed after it.

Exactly. The angle up to and including the PPV was absolutely golden. After that, when they couldnt agree deals with the big WCW names and werent willing to take a chance on pushing RVD to the moon, they had to start moving Austin, Angle etc over to the ECW/WCW faction. That along with the fact that they were all treated like jobbers pretty much killed the angle.

Royal Rumble 1999. I've always loved this PPV but it seems to have a genera dislike in the IWC.

I love that PPV as well, it's not as good as '98 or 2000 but I still think it's brilliant. I also think the crowd have a big part in it as well, their reactions to The Oddities' theme playing during the Rumble is pure gold! That's how I like the crowds to be.

By who? i don't think I've ever seen a bad word against that PPV. Just how the angle developed after it.

Exactly. The angle up to and including the PPV was absolutely golden. After that, when they couldnt agree deals with the big WCW names and werent willing to take a chance on pushing RVD to the moon, they had to start moving Austin, Angle etc over to the ECW/WCW faction. That along with the fact that they were all treated like jobbers pretty much killed the angle.

Must just be my mates then, maybe it's just how it panned out after that that has ruined the memory of it but when we sit around talking wrestling Invasion normally gets slagged off. I loved it though, up until the jobbing. It'd have been nice to have had Kronik over at the beginning of the angle and obviously the likes of Hogan but I've still got a lot of fond memories of that point in time.

Must just be my mates then, maybe it's just how it panned out after that that has ruined the memory of it but when we sit around talking wrestling Invasion normally gets slagged off. I loved it though, up until the jobbing. It'd have been nice to have had Kronik over at the beginning of the angle and obviously the likes of Hogan but I've still got a lot of fond memories of that point in time.

Remember watching and going absolutely mental the night RVD and Dreamer came in through the crowd and ECW joined the invasion. Cracking TV that episode of Raw was. :thumbsup:

I liked Dino Bravo when I was a little kid. Don't know why.

Another couple of mine would be from NXT. I hated Lucky Canon during his first stint. Thought he was absolutely dull as fuck, but ended up really liking him the second time around with his "Da-Lish" schtick that he had going for himself. I was almost gutted when he got eliminated. Almost. I really liked Connor O'Brien during his first spell on NXT. Any guy who wants to win matches so that he can get a bit of cheese is pretty cool in my book.

• Paid Members

I've always quite liked Otunga and never got the hate for him. Agree with Cleetus that he's natural in front of the camera and plays whatever role well. That's an aspect he seems to really get, playing a character (at least in segments and such) i enjoyed his 'A-List' Schtick, when he won the opportunity to Guest Host Raw and his first comment was to demand that his dressing home has a jar of M'n'Ms, just the green ones. He played the pest to Barratt in Nexus great too i thought. He only became lost and having no purpose when CM Punk took over, which was a shame as there was a decent story/angle in there brewing. And i'm certainly enjoying his latest act. Seems to have just the right level of comedy. His 'Hey, guys! Let's take a picture' at Elimination Chamber just totally slayed me.

There's a few other lovers on here but, i've long been a Hardcore Holly man. I loved the Nunzio/Stamboli FBI tag team. Probably my biggest one that nobody else shares love for though is Raw circa 2004- early 2006. Fucking loved it. Great wrestling all over the shop with a very well balanced roster. Early 2006 was just shit-hot. Good times.

Probably my biggest one that nobody else shares love for though is Raw circa 2004- early 2006. Fucking loved it. Great wrestling all over the shop with a very well balanced roster. Early 2006 was just shit-hot. Good times.

I'm definetely with you on this. I loved Raw around this time too. After a shitty couple of years it finally blossomed after the brand split. There were a few things that I weren't too keen on, with the lacklustre Triple H/Orton feud in the autumn of 2004 springing to mind, but everything else was pretty bang on. It's prbably the period of wrestling that I've enjoyed the most since being an adult (or since hitting eighteen).

Archived