Vince Russo offering seminar on how to book pro-wrestling.

Snitsky's back acne

Coyrtesy of lordsofpain.net, so take it for what you will...

The following announcement was sent out on Tuesday morning by Vince Russo's booking agent, Bill Behrens (SHOWBIS@aol.com):

BABY FACES, BLADE JOBS and BOOKING

Everything you wanted to know about writing a professional wrestling show but were afraid to ask.

A SEMINAR HOSTED BY VINCE RUSSO

During the years of 1995-2012, Vince Russo was one of the most controversial figures in the history of sports entertainment/professional wrestling, while serving as the head writer of all three major wrestling companies, WWE, WCW and TNA.

During that tenure, Russo wrote over a thousand televised wrestling shows--which achieved some of the highest ratings of all time-- while also having a hand in helping create some of the biggest stars in the history of the business. From Stone Cold Steve Austin to

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's a millionaire who has booked for the WWF, WCW and TNA, earned a high six figure salary every year since 1997 and just walked away from booking a national televised wrestling show on a major network off his own back.

Of course, its Delirious and Mike Quackenbush I'd want the advice from.

• Paid Members

I can think of worse ideas - sure, he's been involved in a lot of shit ideas, it seems, but really, what the fuck do we all know? As Ian says, he's been involved for a very long time, so a lot of people see a lot in him, and he doesn't seem like the kind of lickspittle that's just blowing smoke up someone's arse.

He's a millionaire who has booked for the WWF, WCW and TNA, earned a high six figure salary every year since 1997 and just walked away from booking a national televised wrestling show on a major network off his own back.

In fairness, I do agree with this.

Say what you want about Russo [and God knows he's given us enough ammunition] but the fella was clearly doing SOMETHING right, even if it was just getting the right people to buy into his skills and hire him, as he has been employed by WWF, WCW and TNA in a well paid position for the last 15 years.

Still wanna see a Cornette rant about this, however. :)

Yes because when I watch a wrestling show I only want to watch 20- 40 minutes of wrestling in 2 hours. As I said he's a tv writer, not a wrestling booker. Whenever he didn't have Vince McMahon keeping him in check his booking has been widely panned.

Say what you want about Russo [and God knows he's given us enough ammunition] but the fella was clearly doing SOMETHING right, even if it was just getting the right people to buy into his skills and hire him, as he has been employed by WWF, WCW and TNA in a well paid position for the last 15 years

Russo is the indication of how important being in the right place in the right time, and then having the right contacts can make all the difference.

• Awards Moderator
Baby Faces, Blade Jobs and Booking; nothing will no longer be sacred!!

Somewhere Jim Cornette's head has just exploded.

My head exploded at that double negative.

This actually sounds like it could be interesting - I can't imagine it'll give anyone a foot in the door anywhere, but it could be interesting. Bet it costs a packet, mind.

• Paid Members

Cornette is a mental, it's always fun to watch him ranting. He is bigger shitarse than Russo by far, though - wonderful manager for a spell in the 80s, but business-wise is like Heyman without the ability to make shit out of nothing. Instead, seems to be a blowhard with nothing to back it up.

Yes because when I watch a wrestling show I only want to watch 20- 40 minutes of wrestling in 2 hours. As I said he's a tv writer, not a wrestling booker.

YOU'RE a TV writer.

the topics he'll be covering are actually pretty spot on for what you would need. You just need to know when an idea is crap and reject it.

When I watched a shoot interview he did a few years ago, his phiosophy of booking is sound, he just seems to execute it poorly. Using the 'people wouldn't expect that to happen' phiosophy is solid, but theres also a reason why people wouldnt expect said idea to happen, because sometimes an idea (like the Arquette incident) is just plain retarded

• Paid Members
Yes because when I watch a wrestling show I only want to watch 20- 40 minutes of wrestling in 2 hours. As I said he's a tv writer, not a wrestling booker.

He also books three hours of PPV a month, based all around pro wrestling. Whether he does it good or not is irrelevant. He still does it.

The television show is an advert for the wrestling you have to pay for. So he is a 'wrestling booker' you pillock. He might not be a very good one (hence how little his PPVs do under TNA), but to say he isnt a booker is bollocks. The reason Quackenbush and Delirious arent television writers, is because no national syndicated network executive thinks little of his job to risk his children wearing last years Addidas to PE when his boss sacks the cunt for putting a shit hollier than thou vanity project on the air.

Cornette is a mental, it's always fun to watch him ranting. He is bigger shitarse than Russo by far, though - wonderful manager for a spell in the 80s, but business-wise is like Heyman without the ability to make shit out of nothing. Instead, seems to be a blowhard with nothing to back it up.

Cornette , Russo and Paul Heyman have the same problem, they are good at ONE aspect of the business, and useless at the others.

YOU'RE a TV writer.

And I wish. I need a job lol

Archived