WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apparently its a new design according to this site

From F4Wonline.com (via WrestleZone.com):

Since being announced for WrestleMania 28, there has been speculation amongst both fans and those internally in WWE on how the Hell in a Cell structure would logistically be suspended over the ring at the outside venue in Miami.

According to F4Wonline.com, WWE is considering using a modified design of the Hell in a Cell structure that would help the suspension of it as it relates to the canopy and rigging that will be over the ring.

WrestleMania go-home Raw ratings, from XII onwards -

* March 25 1996 - 2.8

* March 17, 1997 - 2.4

* March 23, 1998 - 3.6

* March 22, 1999 - 6.4

* March 27, 2000 - 6.6

* March 26, 2001 - 4.7

* March 11, 2002 - 4.5

* March 24, 2003 - 3.4

* March 8, 2004 - 3.8

* March 28, 2005 - 4.0

* March 27, 2006 - 4.2

* March 26, 2007 - 3.9

* March 24, 2008 - 3.4

* March 30, 2009 - 3.6

* March 22,2010 - 3.2

* March 28, 2011 - 3.8

* March 27, 2012 - 3.0

That press conference was weird as fuck. The local officials came out and couldn't get a rise, HHH brought it round again for a bit, Beth and especially Eve flubbed their words all over the fucking shop, Rosa Mendes (?!) spoke briefly, and half the guys in the big matches generated no reaction from the local media. Rock was alright, Cena was pretty much on point but that was about it. The make-a-wish kid he mentioned got the biggest pop of the day.

For anybody there in attendance reporting/viewing who wasn't a big fan of the product before, it must have looked a right shambles. Really amateurish, and unusually unprofessional from WWE. The sort of thing you imagine Vince casting an eye over and bollocking somebody for it.

• Paid Members

Are the numbers really that important anymore? Like buyrates / Ratings etc? I mean as long as they are doing better that TNA, WWE are fine. They are not going head to head with another "Major company" anymore, and as such surely it just doenst matter.

Its just doing my head in, "Oh well the buyrates for such a PPV are down compared to 12 years ago lololol", when clearly that just means not as many people are into it any more. For what its worth it looks like it hasent been lower the 3.0 since 97, which i'm guessing what the network/advertisers are more interested in.

Could they be doing more to get people into it? Most likely. Whatever is going on, I personally think this Wrestlemania is going to be one of the biggest drawing in years.

Are the numbers really that important anymore? Like buyrates / Ratings etc? I mean as long as they are doing better that TNA, WWE are fine.

What!?!?

I honestly thought that was the start of a parody post when I began reading. If buyrates are down, money is down. Of course they're important. WWE posted a loss for (I believe) the first time ever since becoming a public company in the last quarter of 2011. Wrestlemania usually props up the entire year in terms of PPV revenue so if the buyrate is lower than budgeted I'd say it's a pretty big deal.

A 3.0 is obviously dissapointing but the past few weeks haven't really treaded any new ground. The casual fan who knows that Rock vs Cena has been announced for Wrestlemania will want to see the match. As great as it is to have The Rock back on Raw its the Mania match that people want to see and not another twenty minute verbal exchange. I believe that the Mania buyrate will be higher than the past few years and that a lot of fans know its the pay per view where the must see stuff is going to be.

The Undertaker- Triple H build up is similar, I'm sure there is a lot of fans who don't care too much about wrestling outside of the time it airs on TV that are aware that Undertaker is not going to have a warm up match with Cena, Jericho or Punk before Wrestlemania so why tune in to hear about a 'legacy that will never be matched' etc etc.

• Paid Members
Are the numbers really that important anymore? Like buyrates / Ratings etc? I mean as long as they are doing better that TNA, WWE are fine.

What!?!?

I honestly thought that was the start of a parody post when I began reading. If buyrates are down, money is down. Of course they're important. WWE posted a loss for (I believe) the first time ever since becoming a public company in the last quarter of 2011. Wrestlemania usually props up the entire year in terms of PPV revenue so if the buyrate is lower than budgeted I'd say it's a pretty big deal.

I'm aware it effects the money of the company, what I mean is that 3.0 is still very good. Alot of things people are saying is that "such and such a segment/PPV got X buyrate/, rating, so its was shite. FACT".

Whatever is going on, (and it is my personal opinion by the way), WWE is the best it can be, and again to me, the best its ever been. The overall product of the highest caliber with nothing else coming close at all. Is it aimed more towards younger ages at the moment, i would say so yes. Will they ever draw the number they had done previously during the Wars? I would say not unless another company comes along to provide the same conditions.

Archived