Questions to ask in an interview.

RancidPunx

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If an interview asked me which biscuit i'd be and didn't ask why I'd think they were fucking mental. Those questions are shite but surely the whole point is the why or else it's just this...

Interviewer: Which biscuit would you be?

Me: Bourbon

Interviewer: Good, moving on then...

I'd run a mile if that happened. Oh and I'd be a Garibaldi and the why is because I'm an Italian revolutionary that all the women love. That would get me the job.

Righto.

Boss approached me today and said he might ask me to sit in on an interview next week. Never been the interviewer before.

The boss said just the general questions are fine but he did encourage me to throw a curve ball question that would display if the person has a analytical problem solving type mind.

Anybody think of any good questions that i might ask?

The fire alarm goes off, what is the first thing you do?

I doubt an interviewee has been told the fire drill, so they would turn to someone who knows the score. That's a good one, they are a new guy so will not be shy on relying on experienced heads.

• Moderators

For this type of thing, a question that is too broad to be succinctly answered is your best bet. Because it's not about the answer as such, but about seeing how they approach the question, so you can see if they are analytical in their problem solving approach, and how they break a big task down.

One I like to use is 'how do you build a car?' . Also it gives you loads of options for follow up questions, so you can take it anywhere you want.

• Paid Members

Depends on the kind of job they're applying for.

I used to manage a GAME store back in the day and every man and his dog used to apply, because the job is sales orientated, I used to ask all of the people I interviewed to sell me the stapler i'd just given them.

Threw some people quite badly, even made one guy have a panic attack, which was embarresing in itself, but it showed that he wasn't really up to the job.

Archived