UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

ajmcstyles

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm worried now. I'm hearing this a lot that people who pre-ordered the Contenders Pack version got no codes when the game was delivered. I'm expecting my game through today but I'm not very hopeful Diaz and co will be on it after reading people's comments the last few days.

Well been playing it most of the day only just come off it. Had a few fun fights on pride but mainly been playing career mode which is the complete opposite from UFC 2010 and I don't know if that's a good thing. Ok the stat decay was bs but I was able to get a top score in training meaning top stats for me pretty quickly. Now on this one is very different it does take a heck of a long time to upgrade your fighter to championship level and theres a big difficulty curve in terms of the higher you climb the hard it is, I only put it on experienced and bj penn was whooping me all over the cage. Not complaining just stating its difficult so best not going anywhere near a tile until you've had about 25+ fights I had 19 before facing bj penn (he was the lightweight champion) and he beat me bad. You only get 2 times to improve your fighter inbetween fights. You can either train (play a mini game). Learn or improve on a move or work on your game plan (you now take one of your two training sessions). I tried to catch the game out I have Greg Jackson walk me to the ring the suddenly he must of ran back to get clay guida and walk him to the ring and but while The fighters were being announced and after the fight Jackson stayed in guida corner and I got someone else in my corner.

Few bugs I found too when the computer put me in a submission my submission bar struggles to move for 2 seconds then it's fine but if I'm attempting a submission it works fine. Also when choosing to purchase some gear from the sponsors the. When you back out it sends you to another menu which doesn't display info bout your sponsors.

Also the online doesn't work correctly yet well done idiots at thq for releasing a game that isn't finished yet. Why dont thq get these servers tested before release dates.

Bar these issues its a ok game I don't feel like a whole new release it's more of huge ass update from UFC 2010 than a new game. But fuck it, it's fun to soccer kick people in the head and thats what matter and to hell if I'm going back to playing ea mma still cant stand that game.

• Paid Members
Few bugs I found too when the computer put me in a submission my submission bar struggles to move for 2 seconds then it's fine but if I'm attempting a submission it works fine.

That's not a bug that's you changing direction too much which causes you stamina to drain more.

I got the game Tuesday been playing on and off in career mode on advanced with Shogun, who is now 36-1 and rated at 93. Won the Pride GP and The Light heavyweight and heavyweight titles, I got put in the hall of fame and seem to win all the end of year awards. The game is a upgrade rather then a new game they have took so much from the EA MMA game, which is still a better MMA sim then the UFC games.

• Paid Members

Mine came yesterday and the Contenders Pack was intact. Got Reem on there now aswell so I'm happy.

Played a good bit of time on it last night and I love it. I agree it's not a massive difference from the last 2 but it just seems more enjoyable to play to me. And having a massive roster and Pride to go with it doesn't hurt either.

I like the career for the most part, apart from Marc Laimon's (Lemon) voice doing my fucking head in on the training bits. And Aldo, Pettis and Phil Davis are beasts on the game. They're probably my 3 favourite to play as at the minute. Had a war with Pettis and Cerrone in Pride as my first fight.

Few very minor, petty gripes

-When choosing a fight, you can't just select the alternate shorts. No big deal obviously but would have been easy enough to put in.

-Nick Diaz isn't in Pride welterweight. I get why he's in Pride LW cos he fought closest to that weight in his one Pride fight but still. With him being at 170 most of his career, I thought he might be at both weights and I could do Diaz vs Wanderlei, Hendo, Anderson etc. Oh well, the Gomi fight is possible at least. Also Wand at Pride HW would have been good (so we could do the Cro Cop/Hunt fights).

-No blue WEC cage, I miss WEC. They should've put WEC in place of WFA in career imo. But whatever.

-Can't take the Contenders Pack fighters (or Reem I don't think?) through Career.

-Roy Nelson sans Mullet :( I forgave it last time cos he was only just starting to grow it by release time. But he's been rocking that fabulous doo for at least a year and a half now. No excuse.

Like I said though, minor gripes. I've had no major issues with the game from what I've played so far and it's deffo an improvement on the previous 2 I reckon.

I love it.

Liddel and Pride Big Nog are my weapons of choice.

I have barely gone into UFC mode, been playing Tournamnet Mode and Ultimate Fights Mode with Pride.

I did start Career last night, it is good much better than last years, however Mike Goldberg has become a overbearing repetative fucker over the years that I could do without seeing him so often.

Seeing him on Ultimate Fights Mode makes me long for the days of Stephen Quadros, looking back he was really quite good, if it was up to me I would replace Goldberg with him for PPV's. He is not overbearing whilst still being ethusastic and also knows his shit as Goldberg sometimes comes across like he does'nt.

The submission system pissed all over last years as well.

Few bugs I found too when the computer put me in a submission my submission bar struggles to move for 2 seconds then it's fine but if I'm attempting a submission it works fine.

That's not a bug that's you changing direction too much which causes you stamina to drain more.

Sorry maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, just when the submission starts when I'm being submitted it seems the its like the framerate drops and my P1 bar doesnt move freely then after 2 seconds its back to normal and I can move again. but you say IF I move my bar too much I don't have time to move it and it stop and struggles to move, it just stalls straight away as soon as the submission is slapped on I have a major disadvantage since the CPU has had 2 second to slap on that submission and have there bar overlap mine with me being able to do squat.

Facing BJ Penn its awful on a championship fight, ive put it on experienced and you cant touch him or get anywhere near him it seems the game jumps from experienced to professional or whatever the highest level is on that game when in a title fight not complaining unless you get put in a submission then your fucked no matter what your level is since his bar takes up 2/3 of the octagon graphic. Its a nice touch that the difficult it MASSIVELY increased during a UFC title fight just a bit too high maybe compared to the 2010 edition.

How long before you get a shot at pride in Career mode? I'm 23-2 lost to BJ Penn for the Lightweight Title TWICE decided to retire since ive chosen the wrong path on this game.

I'm trying to work out a good tacit for career mode on UFC 2009 and UFC 2010 I had them down to a tee. It seems you have to go and learn alot of the moves you want to learn first before making it to the UFC main card as you can only learn your camps moves there after. Stay in the WFA for aslong as you possibly can as you will most likely get the same competition and a chance to upgrade your fighter to championship levels so he's ready for the big time.

I do feel if they had a extra month or two they could of given the career mode more depth having UFC on FX, Fuel, Fox, TUF or even strikeforce and yes the WEC.

For anyone who has won the title do you get more than 2 training sessions between fights 2 aint enough to toughen up my fighter. Since 2 is no where near enough compared to 8 training sessions on the previous games?

Does anyone want to create a Xbox live fight camp?

• Paid Members

Is there any way to cancel a clinch?. I've been playing it with my brother the last couple of days and when I counter him with the right stick I'm sick of us just stood grappling when I want to just let him go and strike.

• Paid Members
It's basically tag with a blue and red marker and completely pulls me out of the game.

I understand why they changed it but it's awful.

EA's MMA had the submission system down perfect this was there attempt at copying it.

Is there any way to cancel a clinch?. I've been playing it with my brother the last couple of days and when I counter him with the right stick I'm sick of us just stood grappling when I want to just let him go and strike.

Best thing to do is pause the game and check the controls once you know how to do it you will be fine. Problem is there is loads of different positions in the clinch and some you can just back out of (pushing down the right stick R3) but some you are not in control so you have to pummel to you are.

• Paid Members

If you have control of the clinch (either double underhooks, or single collar) you can release the clinch by clicking L3. Alternatively, keep major transitioning/punching and you'll get out.

Archived