UFC Undisputed 3 Thread

ajmcstyles

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I had the same problem in my first career play through on Advanced difficulty. Beat the WFA and lower UFC guys comfortably, but struggled against the top tier guys and then fell down the card. I eventually won the title later on but only managed to defend it a few times before losing it in my retirement fight to GSP, who completely mauled me. I'm gonna give it another play through next week.

I still don't have any code for the contenders DLC pack despite having been promised it with the pre-order from Gamestation. I also didn't get a code for Overeem after having followed the Facebook instructions!!! Anyone had the same problems and have any tips on how to resolve them?

• Paid Members
did you press right to use the DLC fighters?

I'm playing on PS3, pressing right on career mode only gives you the option of playing as Pride fighter, you can press right more times when selecting exhibition mode and this does let you use the DLC fighters. It could be another bug. I know the knock out artist pack isn't working properly on the PS3.

Having played about four years worth of Career mode, Mike Goldberg has just popped up with his big shit-eating grin and informed me that without any warning I have to commit to one training camp for the rest of my career, and so can't ever learn any of the cool moves I was planning on getting from the other camps. Dear THQ:

a) why didn't you mention this earlier so I could get as many moves as possible early in my career, instead of pissing hours away building up the stats of a character I'm now going to scrap and start again?

b) IN WHAT WAY IS THIS FUN?

Having played about four years worth of Career mode, Mike Goldberg has just popped up with his big shit-eating grin and informed me that without any warning I have to commit to one training camp for the rest of my career, and so can't ever learn any of the cool moves I was planning on getting from the other camps. Dear THQ:

a) why didn't you mention this earlier so I could get as many moves as possible early in my career, instead of pissing hours away building up the stats of a character I'm now going to scrap and start again?

Im sure I mentioned this earlier in the thread about this. Unfortunately you will have to start again, I do recommend some moves you do learn IE the Front Face Kick (Seagal kick/Anderson KO king to Vitor) Its lethal and quick if you get it up to level 3 the same with the flying knee.

With my character I just learnt moved and get them up to level 2 or 3 within the first 15 fights then I moved the Jacksons place and worked on my guy.

I never use a game-plan though its just annoying. Also NOT use auto for training missions you often get punished for using them IE loosing stats that wasnt indicated that you'd loose I lost 2 points from my cardio for using auto when it was shown that Id gain +3 for cardio.

To be honest I like some of the changes they have made with this one simplicity and easy to get around but theres too little time to train unlike UFC 2010. A good balance between UFC 2010 and UFC 3 would be great. Time to train learn new moves, spar, game-plan and rest. With no daft stat decay and a nice clean interface and no Mike Goldberg talking to you constantly. And More Gear there's a lack of it for creating a fighter this year. Like possible wear what the fighters wear same shorts etc... IGN stated that it was the CAF which stopped the game from achieving a top score.

Anyone played Career with a UFC fighter? Do you get there moves and stats?

Im sure I mentioned this earlier in the thread about this. Unfortunately you will have to start again, I do recommend some moves you do learn IE the Front Face Kick (Seagal kick/Anderson KO king to Vitor) Its lethal and quick if you get it up to level 3 the same with the flying knee.

With my character I just learnt moved and get them up to level 2 or 3 within the first 15 fights then I moved the Jacksons place and worked on my guy.

I never use a game-plan though its just annoying. Also NOT use auto for training missions you often get punished for using them IE loosing stats that wasnt indicated that you'd loose I lost 2 points from my cardio for using auto when it was shown that Id gain +3 for cardio.

To be honest I like some of the changes they have made with this one simplicity and easy to get around but theres too little time to train unlike UFC 2010. A good balance between UFC 2010 and UFC 3 would be great. Time to train learn new moves, spar, game-plan and rest. With no daft stat decay and a nice clean interface and no Mike Goldberg talking to you constantly. And More Gear there's a lack of it for creating a fighter this year. Like possible wear what the fighters wear same shorts etc... IGN stated that it was the CAF which stopped the game from achieving a top score.

Anyone played Career with a UFC fighter? Do you get there moves and stats?

I'm currently playing through career mode with Bisping. You start off with lower stats and fewer moves than what you have if you just play in exhibition mode. Example being, Bisping doesn't have either left or right Head Kicks (you have to learn these) but does have left and right Spinning Back fists.

The thing I'm happier with is the awards you get seem to be easier this year. I've just entered year 4 and have won:

Submission of the year (year 1)

Fight of the year (vs. Chris Leben and his Zebra shorts, year 3) and KO of the year (year 3)

Anyone having difficulty in mastering the "tire flip" training drill. Fucking nightmare that one.

That is fucking stupid. The instrutions need to be clearer next time around

I was going to have a rant and rave on how awful the tyre flip game is glad to see I'm not the only one having issues. It seems thq didn't put that much effort into the career mode as one would of hoped.

Anyone having issues tapping out Shane Carwin with Brock lesnar in the ultimate fights mode?

Anyone having difficulty in mastering the "tire flip" training drill. Fucking nightmare that one.

That is fucking stupid. The instrutions need to be clearer next time around

I was going to have a rant and rave on how awful the tyre flip game is glad to see I'm not the only one having issues. It seems thq didn't put that much effort into the career mode as one would of hoped.

Anyone having issues tapping out Shane Carwin with Brock lesnar in the ultimate fights mode?

Yes

:angry:

• Paid Members

Here's a guide on the tire flip drill. It's easy now I know how.

I started a new career at HW, I'm using an MMA template fighter instead of the Boxer from last time. I wanted to get as much Cred as possible so I went into the UFC after 8 fights, and lost to Ben Rothwell in devastating fashion. I had to get by through rematching a few of the scrubs and now I'm starting to make waves in the top 10 after getting my stats up a little. Career seems much more difficult this year. That is no bad thing mind.

I'm still terrified to go back online. 2-13, I'm the videogame version of James McSweeney :(

I'm 0-3 online. By the time I get any good, everyone else will be better. If only we (by that i mean me)could have set up that fight camp ok, we'd have been sound with all the sparring and that.

That's my flimsy excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Archived