UFC 143: 'Diaz vs Condit' Discussion Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I've not seen episode 3 yet, gonna watch it in a bit. I've really enjoyed Primetime aswell, despite thinking they've made Condit come off a bit soft with all the family stuff in the first 2 episodes. Made a nice change from GSP and that dickface Firas Zahabi spewing his usual lines.

I was off work yesterday with the flu so I watched a bunch of Diaz and Condit's fights to get me in the mood (as if I wasn't already). If anyone's got nothing better to do with their weekend or like me, you're pretty much bed ridden with the flu then I'd give these fights a look, especially if you're not that familiar with Diaz or Condit.

I watched Diaz vs Lawler, Sanchez, Neer, Gomi, Denny, Cyborg, Daley and Penn. Condit fights I watched were with Kampmann, Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald, Hardy, Stun Gun, Miura and Tatsunori Tanaka.

Pick any of them and you're in for a treat. Not a stinker in the bunch. I'd somehow never seen Nick Diaz vs Neer before (I'd seen Nate vs Neer), excellent fight. The Condit/Ellenberger fight was even better than I remembered and I now actually think it's better than the Quarry/Credeur fight from the same show.

Condit vs Tanaka is short and absolutely brutal, it's on youtube here

give it a look if you've not seen it.

And also...

Weigh in video here for anyone who missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=5jmz9v1SGXg

And Primetime part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x2IhB9xaMs

I'm wrapped in my quilt all dosed up on Nurofen and Lemsip, feeling like utter crap and I'm still fucking obsessed with this fight :)

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Anyone know what time and where we start getting the fights over here? Obviously the show is from 3am but what time do the facebook and other prelims start? And do we get any besides the facebook prelims?

Thanks in advance, I am a total noob when it comes to live UFCeeing.

• Paid Members
Anyone know what time and where we start getting the fights over here? Obviously the show is from 3am but what time do the facebook and other prelims start? And do we get any besides the facebook prelims?

Aside from the Facebook fights, the rest will be on ufc.tv. You have to sign up but it takes literally seconds, just email address, password and you're in. Stream quality is pretty good too.

Not 100% on times, it's usually around midnightish for 3am PPVs I think but don't trust me on that one.

Aside from the Facebook fights, the rest will be on ufc.tv. You have to sign up but it takes literally seconds, just email address, password and you're in. Stream quality is pretty good too.

Not 100% on times, it's usually around midnightish for 3am PPVs I think but don't trust me on that one.

Facebook at 12 for two fights and then ufc.tv at 1 for the rest of the prelims I believe.

• Paid Members

Okay, my mate who very rarely watches MMA wants to watch this tonight after I told him about ESPN being free this weekend. He's only got Freeview though, is it free on there aswell? Also doesn't ESPN cut off on Freeview at like 5am? If so he'll miss the main event.

Anyone know? I'm on Sky so I dunno how it works on Freeview.

Edit - he's just checked his Freeview box and ESPN is on. But still wondering about the 5am cutoff. Have I dreamt that or weren't people pissed off about that before?

Okay, my mate who very rarely watches MMA wants to watch this tonight after I told him about ESPN being free this weekend. He's only got Freeview though, is it free on there aswell? Also doesn't ESPN cut off on Freeview at like 5am? If so he'll miss the main event.

Anyone know? I'm on Sky so I dunno how it works on Freeview.

Edit - he's just checked his Freeview box and ESPN is on. But still wondering about the 5am cutoff. Have I dreamt that or weren't people pissed off about that before?

It cuts off at 6am now which is perfect. Setanta and ESPN in the early days used to cut off at 5am but ESPN listened to the complaints and changed their hours.

• Paid Members

Just got round to watching episode 3 of Primetime. Probably my favourite episode of Primetime ever.

Condit came across as an intense, quiet killer. I get what they were going for now with the Condit family man stuff in the first 2. To see the change in him in this last episode as the fight gets near was what they wanted to get across I think. He was totally different, he went from smiling and playing with his kid in the 1st show to looking totally focused and single minded in the 3rd.

Both of them came off as total badasses. And I loved the way they were getting arsey with all the questions towards the end and just wanted to get the fight on.

Brilliant job on this Primetime series.

Yeah I really enjoyed the Primetime shows, I'm still pretty split on who I think is gonna win the main event though. The fights I'm looking forward to the most are Diaz/Condit and Jorgensen/Barao, there's a few fights that have the potential to be real crackers though.

My picks for the main card are Diaz, Nelson, Barao, Starks and Koscheck.

First PPV I've ordered since UFC 136. Mostly to save money, I know if I go to the bar I'll waste too much money on grog, and a stream is too unreliable for a fight of this magnitude. A split second freeze in the main event and I could easily miss the finish. Psyched for the main event, not too excited about the other fights, but UFC seems to be at its best when I have low expectations.

My picks: Diaz by dec., Nelson by KO, Koscheck by dec., Barao by KO and Herman by sub.

Archived