The Super-Super-Duper Rugby Union thread!

Up Chuck

• Paid Members

Man, 65 is no age at all. RIP.

So, the final day is upon us. Will Wales get revenge for the World Cup semi, or will they fall at the final hurdle and accept a tainted trophy? Will England make it a quality 4 from 5 and have the press calling or Lancaster's immediate appointment, or will they instead get an atrocious 3 from 5 and have the press calling for Lancaster's head on a spike and the efficient, emotionless extermination of his entire family? Will it be Italy or Scotland who grab the coveted title of "plucky"? FIND OUT TODAY~~~~~

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling pretty gutted, I wanted to go up to London to watch the Wales game with my dad, but with my mum still in the hospital (coming up to 6 weeks) I just didn't feel right. Course it's no ones fault, it's all down to me and I suck.

Bit worried about the Wales game, had the same feeling during the World Cup semi. I'm thinking it will be a game of playing the phases, and whoever can do that and force a mistake I predict will win.

• Paid Members

Fully deserved for Wales. Some fantastic performances today, and throughout the tournament. They're a strong side and still on the up. Faletau charging about in his ripped shirt near the end will be iconic in 20 years' time.

Strong finish from England and I'll be happy. England women apparently just secured a 7th grand slam at Esher, and are being driven up to Twickenham for a lap of honour, which is really nice.

• Paid Members

...and that's your lot. Solid performance from England in the end. A well-controlled second half after a scrappy, nervy first. Lancaster absolutely must be involved somehow, even if it's as a right-hand man.

Thought Morgan was a deserved MOTM, although I'd have picked Cole myself. Nice to see Ben Youngs pull out one of his classic gap-finding tap penalties.

Looking at the table now, that's the World Cup runners-up in the bottom half of the table. Surprising. Not great for a new coach.

Entertaining tournament overall. All congratulations must go to Wales, and England ended up looking much better than I was expecting. For me it's straight back into club rugby now - Tigers have the small matter of the LV Cup final tomorrow...

I was there.

Today was the kind of day you'll tell your children about. What an incredible atmosphere. The singing was top notch. Some old boys behind me (not drinking, I should point out) were openly sobbing during the minute's silence and our anthem. And again once we'd won it. They weren't alone either.

Excellent. Truly excellent. I was saying to some people that this could possibly be the best Six Nations I've ever seen, at least since being an avid viewer and not just a passing fan.

Wales played the best they have in this series so far, they undoubtably deserved that win. I'm not sure what they were thinking giving Priestland a chance at that kick mind, unless he'd had a particularly good week in training. This wasn't the game to be testing the waters and it showed.

Stuart Lancaster MUST get the England job, surely? It would be insanity to give it to anyone else.

Excellent. Truly excellent. I was saying to some people that this could possibly be the best Six Nations I've ever seen, at least since being an avid viewer and not just a passing fan.

Wales played the best they have in this series so far, they undoubtably deserved that win. I'm not sure what they were thinking giving Priestland a chance at that kick mind, unless he'd had a particularly good week in training. This wasn't the game to be testing the waters and it showed.

Stuart Lancaster MUST get the England job, surely? It would be insanity to give it to anyone else.

To answer about Priestland, the cameras apparently missed it, but Halfpenny instructed Warburton to get Priestland to kick. He's just had a knock and was getting attention while Priestland kicked.

I don't think a coach could do more than Lancaster has done to prove himself worthy of the position. Just look at where England were before he took over - now they're rolling Ireland over like that, and they're still young. It was nip and tuck with Wales in that key game too.

Roll on next year!

Archived