Noisy Neighbours.

danchilton

Isn't it the job of the environmental health dept. to deal with this kind of thing?

They may want you to keep a log but I thought I saw a program where they do have the right to seize loudspeakers and the like if they are persistant offenders.

First post of the year and its a bloomin sensible one. :(

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

There were a couple in the apartment block I live that used to argue every week without fail. They lived on the floor below (but not directly underneath my apartment) so they must have made a hell of a racket for the noise to travel to mine. One day was particularly venomous, and I heard objects being thrown, so I wrote a letter telling the girl (as it was always her shouting) that if it were a flatmate she was constantly arguing with to find a new one; or if it was a boyfriend to find a new one as he obviously wasn't making her happy.

I haven't heard one argument since.

• Paid Members

We had an Italian couple living upstairs from us last year. The bloke didn't know how to talk quietly so pretty much all sides of his conversations were heard by us, they would argue non stop too. One evening when I wasn't there, my girlfriend heard a ridiculous amount of screaming then a huge bump followed by the bloke in a panic shouting the girls name. The ambulance and Police arrived shortly after. We haven't seen them since and someone quiet has moved Ito their place. Result.

There's some cunt in one of the flats downstairs who rings the buzzer here when he comes in pissed with no keys at all hours because I let him in the front door once. Never feed a hungry dog. If I had a hammer and diplomatic immunity, I'd cave the fucker's skull in.

• Paid Members
There's some cunt in one of the flats downstairs who rings the buzzer here when he comes in pissed with no keys at all hours because I let him in the front door once. Never feed a hungry dog. If I had a hammer and diplomatic immunity, I'd cave the fucker's skull in.

Oh, yes. We get that. The worst thing is, our bedroom's at the front, so you can hear them pulling up in the taxi and then ringing each buzzer one by one. Our block starts at 81 and I'm at 85, so I very rarely have to leave the bed. But it's still annoying.

The flat above mine was empty for the first 9 months that I lived here. Then some woman bought it, renovated it and moved in around early December.Every Thursday and Saturday night, I was awoken from my sleep by either a raging argument between her and her boyfriend or them having sex. The worst argument was on Christmas Eve when I clearly heard him shout "JUST LET ME BREATHE!" Not heard anything since, so I assume they split up.The funniest night was when they woke me up by doing the nasty, and I heard a thud. I'm pretty sure she fell off the bed, and I fell back to sleep chuckling to myself.

We used to live on the top floor of a block of six....the cuntrags downstairs would fuck off out every weekend and get drugged/pissed up, then come home in early hours and either rut really loud whilst music was blaring, or just destroy the flat.They were munters too so the rutting didnt exactly endear them to us.... The worst thing was they had a young bairn about1-2 years old and we would regularly hear her crying when all this went on, but the council/ social services didnt want to know. I lost count of the amount of times i phoned the police/wrote letters to council.. I even went down stairs and laid the guy out once.Still nothing. Every weekend for 2 years it continued...Now i am living in a ridiculously quiet house in the country. My next door neighbours are old school friends, and even when either of us have music on, it cant be heard next door. Bliss..... :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

The funniest night was when they woke me up by doing the nasty, and I heard a thud. I'm pretty sure she fell off the bed, and I fell back to sleep chuckling to myself.

Is that what they call that where you're from?
I thought he called it "admiring her workrate"?

• Paid Members

Been in my current place 2 months now (hence why you lot haven't suffered me), and it's a new build so everyone is just settling in and getting to know each other, but within the first two weeks the couple across the hall had had the guy dragging his girlfriend into the flat by her hair, and I clearly heard him threatening to throw a TV down the stairs at her. Then clear arguments from their flat almost nightly.Things came to a head when I heard commotion in the hallway and checked through the spy hole to see her cowering against my door as he's seemingly going to lamp her. Leading to me nabbing a makeshift Warhammer I've got (anyone who remembers FJW... yes, that Warhammer) and opening the door to tell him to back off her.Long story short she left, and a few hours later the cops were round to take a statement and ask if I could keep an eye out for him coming back and call them if he did. She dropped the charges, but after another commotion (and further talks with the police and housing association) I've seen nothing of him for over a month, and it looks like she's getting the place done up by family. Definite result.

Archived