Best Video Game Soundtracks

patiirc

Are there any Arcade themes out there? I imagine they'd be really hard to capture, unless you used MAME I suppose.

I remember the Outrun 2 theme that used to blast out of the tilting cabinet was fairly awesome.

There are a few, Sega released a load such as Afterburner, Out Run, Space Harrier et al as standalone albums along with others under the Sega Sound Team banner. Some of the Sega Sound Team, especially Takenobu Mistuyoshi went on to Pen some of Sega's greatest Soundtracks. DAYTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONA! amongst others. Capcom and other manufacturers were adverse to releasing soundtracks of arcade games either

There is also a fair old number of tunes kicking about on youtube, where they have been ripped from Mame, recorded from PCB's, grabbed from the soundtrack albums and so on. Mercs, Terra Cresta, Final Fight, Street Fighter II and so forth and so on.

Galbadia Hotel, also throws up countless possibilities for arcade themes

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any Arcade themes out there? I imagine they'd be really hard to capture, unless you used MAME I suppose.

I remember the Outrun 2 theme that used to blast out of the tilting cabinet was fairly awesome.

There are a few, Sega released a load such as Afterburner, Out Run, Space Harrier et al as standalone albums along with others under the Sega Sound Team banner. Some of the Sega Sound Team, especially Takenobu Mistuyoshi went on to Pen some of Sega's greatest Soundtracks. DAYTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONA! amongst others. Capcom and other manufacturers were adverse to releasing soundtracks of arcade games either

There is also a fair old number of tunes kicking about on youtube, where they have been ripped from Mame, recorded from PCB's, grabbed from the soundtrack albums and so on. Mercs, Terra Cresta, Final Fight, Street Fighter II and so forth and so on.

Galbadia Hotel, also throws up countless possibilities for arcade themes

Speaking of Outrun, the c64 version of Splash Wave I personally prefer this to any other version.

• 7 years later...
  • Paid Members

I was listening to stuff from the Okami soundtrack last night. I think I need to dig out the HD remake and give it a play. It's been a while, and it's such a great game. 

• Paid Members

Is it just me or are they very similar? I played around 14mins of the Ridge Racer video. Then went straight into the Daytona one. I think I prefer Ridge Racers music.

Edited by BigJag