Are we alone in the universe?

SpursRiot2012

Are we alone in the universe?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I don't mean have we ever been visited.

Given what we so far know about the universe it would seem to me pretty obvious that, given the amount of planets out there, you'd have to be pretty messed up to think we're all alone. This is not to say we'll EVER get a visit, or communicate with any ET speicies. But it has to be out there.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we only visited there once really so I wouldn't say we were bored of it. Plus we've been able to view the moon for all of time, whereas we cant even see the potential places that are trillions of miles away. Even Mars is only really starting to be explored and thats a place weve known about for absolutely ages and its going to be a long time before we can put a man on that even once as well.

The only way we'll know about other life-forms is if their technology is far superior to our own and come to us, for all we know they could just be sitting around banging wooden spoons on each others heads in candle light.

We just dont want to then I guess? Travelling to Mars has been talked about for decades and decades and its only really possible now and probably will happen in the next 15-20 years so just imagine how long it would take us to travel somewhere we dont even know about yet, its inconceivable.

To be honest I quite like the idea of being the only life forms too, theres something very quaint and peaceful about it.

Maybe so, and I get its only natural to branch out and to search for answers and reasons for existence but what are the realistic possibilities? If there was lifeforms living in habitable conditions (like ours) then wouldnt they have been doing the same? Its a nice thought that theres something out there to find, I just dont think its reasonable.

• Paid Members

I think there is life out there in the universe for sure. Why wouldn't there be? If we and our fellow inhabitants of Earth can survive in the habitats, climates and air that is specific for this planet, why wouldn't there be lifeforms on other planets that can live in their atmosphere? I think there definitely is, christ knows what though. For all we know what we believe to be a planet could be an entire living thing.

There are 9 (disputed) planets in our solar system, christ knows how many in the entire universe, so I think there's a ridiculously slim chance that we are the only planet with life.

Archived